Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
Ok blame the euro durango guys. Jorn has been running spoilers on the Durango 4X4 for a while and did again at shootout and cactus so Ryan tried it out then. Until someone puts there foot down it is going to continue I think.

like ryan wasnt fast enough, when he took spoiler off he turned his fastest laps.... i was qualified 4th and had no chance of hanging with him... oh by the way in case no one mentioned it, he was told to take it off..
Old 08-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

EDIT...computer/forum triple posted
Old 08-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

EDIT...computer/forum triple posted
Old 08-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

ok, i cant find it...what is everyone using for inserts on the HA hing pin holders? i tired searching and i know someone recently even asked...
It dont have to be stock setting, just what peoples are using...
Old 08-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
ok, i cant find it...what is everyone using for inserts on the HA hing pin holders? i tired searching and i know someone recently even asked...
Are you referring to these ? - http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...%2C-Adj/Detail
Old 08-06-2012, 06:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I personally run the "stock" setting which is 0 all around. Truck works great for me! I am sure others will chime in.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I think it looks good. And why not? Lots of things have wings. Birds, chickens, wing tips, import commuter cars. Why can't a Durango have wings?

I'm attaching a picture of the real life prototype. I think it looks pretty good.

I'm guessing with all that engineering, plywood, and downforce, you could take a 35MPH turn at like... 27MPH.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-durango.jpg  
Old 08-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

0's all the way around here .
Old 08-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Yup, those be it...
Old 08-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcobra
...Of course I put a Castle BEC on it from day one. ...The SCT-Pro fits much better in the SCTE and is a tad bit cheaper. Whichever you get, put a Castle BEC on it. Eliminates so many potential issues.
I don't need to use a BEC or Glitch buster at all with the SCT Pro, whereas I really needed the glitch buster when I was running the Mamba Max Pro (otherwise same electronics all around). So perhaps still worth saving a couple of dollars if you find you don't really need it.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:13 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
I think it looks good. And why not? Lots of things have wings. Birds, chickens, wing tips, import commuter cars. Why can't a Durango have wings?

I'm attaching a picture of the real life prototype. I think it looks pretty good.

I'm guessing with all that engineering, plywood, and downforce, you could take a 35MPH turn at like... 27MPH.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stevemopa
Hey guys, great thread. Has anyone else had a problem popping the rear driveshaft(Tekno front and rear)? This has happened to me twice in the past couple weeks and set screw is still there (blue locktite). I'm running a TLR chassis w/torque tube. I noticed a little ring gear wear last time I had the rear diff apart and wonder if a little slop in there is the culprit. Thanks.

Steve
Its popping at the set screw side? Hmmmm Make sure one of the two bearings is not going bad and really never seen em pop there!Any one else on this guys???

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
Truck was awesome this weekend.. gets better and better all the time..
Man I feel the same way,Over a year now and still leave the track with a big grin everytime I love My truck!Some times I just stare at it like a kid trying to imagine being shrunk down so I can ride in it!Love it!!!P.S. cant wait for the 1/10th 4x4 buggy to come out so I have another 4-wheel drive to run and for those diff cups with the molded inserts we are all wishing for RYAN????By the congrats on your WIN Ryan~~~
Old 08-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Its popping at the set screw side? Hmmmm Make sure one of the two bearings is not going bad and really never seen em pop there!Any one else on this guys???

Man I feel the same way,Over a year now and still leave the track with a big grin everytime I love My truck!Some times I just stare at it like a kid trying to imagine being shrunk down so I can ride in it!Love it!!!P.S. cant wait for the 1/10th 4x4 buggy to come out so I have another 4-wheel drive to run and for those diff cups with the molded inserts we are all wishing for RYAN????By the congrats on your WIN Ryan~~~
Wish i knew the feeling. I can't setup my vehicles for crap. I can drive just not too keen on the tuning side. I'm gonna get better at it though. Hopefully.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Don't make me stick an 810 wing out the aero cutouts in the back.

I was actually contemplating it to deal with the nose dive issue when I drive full out on a large 8th scale track though. It should be easy to put on for that and take off the rest of the time...except for the wrenching while threading through the body part.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 2 Newbie Questions

Hi, just 2 n00b questions from me as I await my delivery:

1) With the TLR carbon fibre shock towers, is it necessary to superglue the edges to keep it from delaminating/fraying?

2) What is a 1-piece shock standoff? I am looking at the pictures and also at the explosion diagrams and can't quite know for certain - is it the part that attaches to the shock tower that the shock cap then goes around?

Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.