Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Now we are sharing videos? Sweet! Here's my sloppy race to sixth in my second amain at the NCT round 1 in Wenatchee. This is only my second time driving the truck so im still learning my way aroind it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gGgERFi_okA
Old 05-01-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default SCTE Tuning Kit

Hi All,

Just received this kit. instructions not to clear, can someone verify the following?

1. REAR END
front block-adjustments are for Rear Anti Squat 1-3 degrees
rear block-adjustments for rear toe in 2-4 degrees

2. FRONT END
this adjustment is for Kick Up Angle? 8-12 degrees? and the stock setting is 10 degrees

the diagram that came with it does not have the heading above each adjustment.

thanks in advance
Ken
Old 05-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Most people run 0's across the board which leaves it at a standard setup.

If you want to learn more, this is a great guide:
http://jq-products.com/the-news/43-t.../160-the-guide

Kuya

Originally Posted by FiremanKen
Hi All,

Just received this kit. instructions not to clear, can someone verify the following?

1. REAR END
front block-adjustments are for Rear Anti Squat 1-3 degrees
rear block-adjustments for rear toe in 2-4 degrees

2. FRONT END
this adjustment is for Kick Up Angle? 8-12 degrees? and the stock setting is 10 degrees

the diagram that came with it does not have the heading above each adjustment.

thanks in advance
Ken
Old 05-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Kuya_Kimo
Most people run 0's across the board which leaves it at a standard setup.

If you want to learn more, this is a great guide:
http://jq-products.com/the-news/43-t.../160-the-guide

Kuya
Thanks Kuya,

I set it up with a 0s the start out. Just wanted to confirm what the different areas adjust

Ken
Old 05-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaptCarnage
Changed to diff fluid 3 races ago. Just noticed a grinding noise from the rear diff during hard breaking only. Rolls great forward and back. sounds fine when under power in forward. Sounds like ring and pinion skipping but dont know why it would start doing it now? The truck is a little over 2 months old and has been raced only about 10 times, no bashing. took the rear apart but didnt see anything falling apart, loose or metal shavings anywhere. Ideas?
Pinion bearings. Stock up, they tend to go out often.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default droop screw mod

I have done a search for the droop screw mod does anyone know where this thing is at.
thanks
Old 05-01-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by MX304
Pinion bearings. Stock up, they tend to go out often.

I need to check my out but i raced on it hard outdoors racing it and so far the bearings did not blow apart but im going to get extra bearings though.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

The spacers are for the mounting screws, so the tray is slightly elevated above the chassis. Thanks kazuaki

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
Q chris about the ape tray, are the spacer for the scews that mount the tray or just install them some where in an apropiate area?
Thanks it looks great btw
Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Tech Initiate

What do you guys recommend for shock oil on 1/8th scale shocks?
Old 05-01-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all. I would appreciate any input everyone has before I make my order. Over the past few days I have been reading this thread and think I am set on what I want. Here is what I am going to order this morning when I get up. Losi Scte, Tenshock sc411 4000, 15 tooth mod 1 pinion, 4 aka enduros, and rc8 plastic chassis brace. I run on a medium sized track with 1 smooth straightaway maybe 110ft the rest semi technical turns with the other straights having jumps that most e-buggies quad and the 4x4 shortcourse usually triple single. Average lap times are in the 32 second range. The track surface usually is pretty loamy.

I already have a hobbywing 120a esc 1/10 scale xerun, servo for steering, and batteries. Does my gearing sound about right? Anything I should add or substitute with this order?

Thanks for all input.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaptCarnage
Changed to diff fluid 3 races ago. Just noticed a grinding noise from the rear diff during hard breaking only. Rolls great forward and back. sounds fine when under power in forward. Sounds like ring and pinion skipping but dont know why it would start doing it now? The truck is a little over 2 months old and has been raced only about 10 times, no bashing. took the rear apart but didnt see anything falling apart, loose or metal shavings anywhere. Ideas?
Shimming the pinion has become a popular solution. I just don't remember what size shim.
Originally Posted by BmainStar
See if This works,A few laps around my home track on a cold, very slow night.
I am the orange and white truck(Riverdale)Racer name.This is a true 1/10 scale track, Vid is done with a cell phone but you can still see it pretty well. Thanx ,Enjoy..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8kTT...e_gdata_player
Awesome Riverdale! That looks like a lot of fun. Your announcer gets way into it which probably turns it into a really fun thing to watch!

Since we're sharing vids, here's one my friend Rory took of me a while back at the Thanksgiving Throwdown way back in November at WestCoast, old, but this was a really fun layout. This was a pretty sloppy race right from the beginning, yikes lol That's ok, I had my fair share of sloppy driving too in this one. This particular race was hack or be hacked and a great example of why some people think it's a hacker class, but it really isn't usually this bad lol

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default general ?

Originally Posted by supraspeed
What do you guys recommend for shock oil on 1/8th scale shocks?
thats a fairly general question. Several factors need to be taken into consideration when choosing the proper weight fluid.
Track surface/ conditions, outside temps, track layout and obstacles.
Generally speaking a higher number weight will give more damping effect and slow piston movement lower number will have opposite affect assuming you dont change your springs.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Since we're sharing vids, here's one my friend Rory took of me a while back at the Thanksgiving Throwdown way back in November at WestCoast, old, but this was a really fun layout. This was a pretty sloppy race right from the beginning, yikes lol That's ok, I had my fair share of sloppy driving too in this one. This particular race was hack or be hacked and a great example of why some people think it's a hacker class, but it really isn't usually this bad lol

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That looks like a lot of fun!

1:48 - No Mercy
1:55 - Redemption!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)
Default undertray

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Who makes a under body or whatnot to keep dirt mud from gettin on electronocs? I weighed my scte fully race ready and it was 6.45lbs then i cleaned it only and then reweighed it @6.37! Our mains last weekend seemed as if water was boiling up out of track. Lol it took me 1/2 hour to remove all the dirt
Outerwears makes 1 for it but they are pricey.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

update:
after I got all the bugs worked out with the cogging and all, I fried my esc. I got another losi mmp and got it all my normal settings put into it. I had it working just fine, no cogging or anything. I was driving it back out to my garage and it just takes off! it didn't really go far about 10-15 feet, but at full throttle. when this happens I have no controll over anything, no steering or brake. I put it on the stand and after a few minutes it just takes off again. I don't understand what it causing it.

Please help, again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.