Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 06:42 AM
  #34231  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
BDRMBULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: toronto CANADA
Posts: 1,535
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Acetone!! I suspend tire n rim above the acetone on a paint lid and let the fumes do the work , first i cut the tire down the center and remove the foams for re-use!! Put some acetone in a jar that has a lid. Let tire n rim sit for a day or two then remove tire off rim.

A 6000 barely gets me through a 10 min main , im heavy on brake n throttle though with a pro 4! 6600 no problem, their in stock right now, go get some
BDRMBULLY is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 07:01 AM
  #34232  
Tech Master
iTrader: (49)
 
HighLife420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,189
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

ive been using 6000 mah and getting about 12mins on them if i go to cut off (6.3v).

I feather the throttle though, light brake user.

I was using 5000 mah packs before and getting about 9-10mins before cut off.
HighLife420 is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 07:03 AM
  #34233  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HighLife420
ive been using 6000 mah and getting about 12mins on them if i go to cut off (6.3v).

I feather the throttle though, light brake user.

I was using 5000 mah packs before and getting about 9-10mins before cut off.
Got it....i need to check the run times in total at coral! are you going on saturday?
BlackStarRacing is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 07:09 AM
  #34234  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tamarac
Posts: 977
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Your throttle/brake action will affect run times most, but additional things to consider are tires and the weight of your truck. Tires with big lugs or ones that take on dirt will be less efficient. Second, one can always shave a bit of weight off your truck by drilling holes in the battery tray...
SouthFloridaApp is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 07:21 AM
  #34235  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
Your throttle/brake action will affect run times most, but additional things to consider are tires and the weight of your truck. Tires with big lugs or ones that take on dirt will be less efficient. Second, one can always shave a bit of weight off your truck by drilling holes in the battery tray...
Yeah i have her shave down...and i have to reduce tire spin which I'm sure is drawing power as well.... Ill be at Coral on saturday really trying to hone her down for some fun on sunday!!!
BlackStarRacing is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 07:53 AM
  #34236  
Tech Master
iTrader: (49)
 
HighLife420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,189
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Got it....i need to check the run times in total at coral! are you going on saturday?
Yep ill be out there, unless it pours (60% chance).

Im going to switch my buggy setup tonight. Fixed my truck last, tighten down the servo saver and lock-tite it.

Must test....
HighLife420 is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 07:54 AM
  #34237  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dano628
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the TLR chassis have a national championship ?
Does TLR have some of the Fastest drivers money can buy??Those guys could whip most of us with a slash 4x4!!!They have to run that chassis!!!I dont know what any of you do for a living but I am a cnc Machinist and I will not buY machined parts from taiwan if I can get them from USA!!!!!
BmainStar is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 08:55 AM
  #34238  
Tech Regular
 
Dano628's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: North West Jersey
Posts: 258
Default

Originally Posted by blktransam

On a side note/ reality check what Chassis brand has any actual big race results or championships?!?!? If you guessed BCE you would be correct.... just some food for thought, no hype or false info just facts.
Originally Posted by BmainStar
Does TLR have some of the Fastest drivers money can buy??Those guys could whip most of us with a slash 4x4!!!They have to run that chassis!!!I dont know what any of you do for a living but I am a cnc Machinist and I will not buY machined parts from taiwan if I can get them from USA!!!!!
The fact of the matter he asked what chassis brand had won big races or championships and I answered . He didn't ask what you do for a living or where the chassis was made . So I guess the TLR chassis race results don't count but BCE's do .
Dano628 is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 09:13 AM
  #34239  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (19)
 
Rockthecatbox21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas panhandle
Posts: 2,794
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dano628
The fact of the matter he asked what chassis brand had won big races or championships and I answered . He didn't ask what you do for a living or where the chassis was made . So I guess the TLR chassis race results don't count but BCE's do .
Both chassis are great. It's all just personal preference. The way it drives is 90% the driver and how skilled he or she is.
Rockthecatbox21 is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 09:35 AM
  #34240  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by blktransam
I would have to agree here! BCE all the way!!

On a side note/ reality check what Chassis brand has any actual big race results or championships?!?!? If you guessed BCE you would be correct.... just some food for thought, no hype or false info just facts.

Now if you want to take ur remote control car to a car show and show off the "bling" then the xyz chassis may be for you, if you want results and some killer customer service BCE if for you
TLR chassis won the ROAR offroad Nationals. Does not get bigger then that.
JBRL champion last year as well. I am sure the list is much longer then that but one national race and our local major traveling series.

TLR, BCE, Jammin, Bump, King Head all make great chassis. Pick one that is right for you.
Casper is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 09:42 AM
  #34241  
Tech Master
iTrader: (49)
 
HighLife420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,189
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

we always seem to come back to this....there are over 100 pages on this topic alone.

Which to go with? ANY OF THEM....really, any of them....they are all great.

I personally went with TLR....why? TLR has been around, they are tried and trued. I love their products and im very happy with my chassis...

The first one did bend on me, waiting for someone to reply (BTW casper, that goldsmith gent never got back to me on my bent chassis).
HighLife420 is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 AM
  #34242  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HighLife420
we always seem to come back to this....there are over 100 pages on this topic alone.

Which to go with? ANY OF THEM....really, any of them....they are all great.

I personally went with TLR....why? TLR has been around, they are tried and trued. I love their products and im very happy with my chassis...

The first one did bend on me, waiting for someone to reply (BTW casper, that goldsmith gent never got back to me on my bent chassis).
Bill has been out of the office with a health issue I was told. Try and get ahold of Ryan.
Casper is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 10:07 AM
  #34243  
Tech Master
iTrader: (49)
 
HighLife420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,189
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Casper
Bill has been out of the office with a health issue I was told. Try and get ahold of Ryan.
Oh, I really hope everything is ok. Please tell him i wish for a quick recovery.

Ill drop ryan a message, thanks.
HighLife420 is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 11:01 AM
  #34244  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Yep ill be out there, unless it pours (60% chance).

Im going to switch my buggy setup tonight. Fixed my truck last, tighten down the servo saver and lock-tite it.

Must test....
Sweet, i want to get some testing in big time.... hopefully it at least does a late afternooner like always and gives us til 4ish lol
BlackStarRacing is offline  
Old 05-18-2012, 11:02 AM
  #34245  
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,997
Default

What shock oil weight front and rear do you use for the front black springs and the Orange rear springs oh and what piston hole number also ? Im guessing the stock oil shock weight and the stock pistons are not going to work ?

And about the droop i have my shock ends where there is 3 treads showing but i do plan on keeping the droop screws in for higher traction tracks. Do you back the droop screws out all the way with them just flush ?

Full droop for outdoor racing .
tc5 man is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.