Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

Another win for the SCTE at Rc Pro South Rd 2 in Lafayette, La. The truck was awesome all weekend, Track was a large 100x160 Outdoor, Dusty Track.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by USP45
Hey symm, how is the carbon fiber chassis looking on the bottom now? do you have a wrap or anything on it to prevent scratching or is it wearing fine as is? I need to trim my scte down a bit, sitting at 6lbs 12oz rtr as is.
I am running on highly abrasive red clay, and the wear is fine... im using the de rear skid.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
they use a zero off-set wheel. the one's that i know of that fit without trimming:

-stock losi wheels
-DE racing SCTE
-jconcepts rulux SCTE wheels (would stay from these, they have cracking issues)
-AKA cyclone SCTE (haven't seen these in person yet)

i have only used stockers or the DE wheels.

Ok thanks im looking for some diffrent tire compounds and treads from the stock tires but the stock tires do work fine in some conditions. I think il get the losi stock wheels or the AKA ones. Do you know if the Toro 4x4 Sc 120 Amp Esc has timing on it stock ? If it does i need to set it at 0%. The Tenshock motor does seem to run hot when i touch it at least with my hand less than 5 sec.

Oh yea the Tenshock 4600 kv power is crazy im suprised that people i race with use a 3800kv or less on a big track. I was killing them all in the straights/turns lol.

I think people were thinking i was using a 3 cell lipo lol.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

if you don't have the programming card, the timing options are: disable, normal, highest. normal is the pre-set and it doesn't say how many degrees it adds, just that it adds some. i would definitely put it on disable.

i would also invest in a temp gauge. the feel test isn't all that accurate. IMO, it's a cheap, must have tuning tool.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
if you don't have the programming card, the timing options are: disable, normal, highest. normal is the pre-set and it doesn't say how many degrees it adds, just that it adds some. i would definitely put it on disable.

i would also invest in a temp gauge. the feel test isn't all that accurate. IMO, it's a cheap, must have tuning tool.

Yea i just read the manuel for the Esc it says the factory setting for the timing is Normal but the lowest gives you the most efficently and runtime though .

Il try to do it manuely but il just disable it.

I need to get a new battery for my temp gun. Somebody did temp it for me after a 5 min heat and it was at 149 i believe but dam when i felt it i couldnt keep my hand on it for 5 secs. I had to gear it down to a 14t pinion for the 10 main to keep it a little cooler.

But its a fast motor and the ESC is pretty smooth runs cool also i have a racer that might get the Tenshock motor.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Yea i just read the manuel for the Esc it says the factory setting for the timing is Normal but the lowest gives you the most efficently and runtime though .

Il try to do it manuely but il just disable it.

I need to get a new battery for my temp gun. Somebody did temp it for me after a 5 min heat and it was at 149 i believe but dam when i felt it i couldnt keep my hand on it for 5 secs. I had to gear it down to a 14t pinion for the 10 main to keep it a little cooler.

But its a fast motor and the ESC is pretty smooth runs cool also i have a racer that might get the Tenshock motor.
yeah, for an inexpensive esc, we haven't had any issues with it. three of our guys run them in their 4x4 SC's (2 losi's and an AE) and i run it in my SC10.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi all I have some traxxas diff oil left over I was going to use in my scte but the weights seems different than losi I've got 10k 30k and 50k ummm a noob so any help is appreciated
Old 04-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
FYI,

The Tekno RC driveshaft kits are all in stock now.

http://www.teknorc.com/index.php?cPath=111
Hmmm ,I know Tekno makes great products,Cuz I own a FrankenSlash( Low CG conversion styl ee!)Wit the Tekno axels and hubs.I know some early run trucks had sum issues wit the pin coming out, But I have replaced Two axels in 14 months of Racing My SCTE.What is this going to do for Me, Besides cost me another 40 bucks?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

hey guys i just become a losi scte owner i brought of well know aussie driver in oz here what i got tell me what you think
SCTE ROLLER
includes the
TLR Chassis
TLR Upgrade kit which includes carbon shock towers and metal shock caps plus much more in the kit including alum rear hubs and inserts etc etc
also got the extender rear brace for better strength
brand new in packets are Chris Pins for the diffs and Chris shims and spacers for the diffs to make them bullit proof
also custom made front diff holders to stop the front drive shaft coming out a know weakness with these trucks
1 x LOSA6908 bearings for centre diff
4 x LOSB3568 complete rebuild pins and gaskets and shims for diffs
plus wheels and tyres
1 x set of mounted Snipers 90% new
1 x set of Goose Bumps 90% new
1 x set of bar codes 90% new
will also put the orginal chassis in which is still fine
body is a Ford dark blue truck
i pick that u for $400 au
Old 04-30-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Seen this on another forum, not mine.
Axial Exo Terra Buggy Rollcage on A SCTE

Shouldnt be that hard to do, looks like he used the front bumper from the Exo as well. Spare lexan for the sides.

Cant wait to try it!

Source: http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/l...tml#post255999
Old 04-30-2012, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zangetsu
hey guys i just become a losi scte owner i brought of well know aussie driver in oz here what i got tell me what you think
SCTE ROLLER
includes the
TLR Chassis
TLR Upgrade kit which includes carbon shock towers and metal shock caps plus much more in the kit including alum rear hubs and inserts etc etc
also got the extender rear brace for better strength
brand new in packets are Chris Pins for the diffs and Chris shims and spacers for the diffs to make them bullit proof
also custom made front diff holders to stop the front drive shaft coming out a know weakness with these trucks
1 x LOSA6908 bearings for centre diff
4 x LOSB3568 complete rebuild pins and gaskets and shims for diffs
plus wheels and tyres
1 x set of mounted Snipers 90% new
1 x set of Goose Bumps 90% new
1 x set of bar codes 90% new
will also put the orginal chassis in which is still fine
body is a Ford dark blue truck
i pick that u for $400 au
Looks Good ,Mate!!!You should be Good to Go! Only thing I see in your statement bout the front drive shaft is Ya, known Problem but by no ways a weakness, ! Once I started to grease the front drive coupler I have had no failures, at All !So if You have the Known solution there is no Known Weakness. Cheers!

Last edited by BmainStar; 04-30-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Dang it Spell weakness right
Old 05-01-2012, 01:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

That Desert Truck is sick
Old 05-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muzzytt
Hi all I have some traxxas diff oil left over I was going to use in my scte but the weights seems different than losi I've got 10k 30k and 50k ummm a noob so any help is appreciated
Those are way to high for the scte, they are find for the traxxas vehicles since they only use a 2 gear planitary gear system vs. the 4 gear system the scte and a lot of other vehicles use. So get yourself some 3k, 5k, and 7k and you will be pretty much set.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I got my BCE chassis yesterday and just got all my gear swapped over, man this chassis is a thing of beauty! I almost don't wanna race it now!
FYI: for those wondering, it does have the hole for the long rear chassis brace but I am sticking with the shortie, I want it to flex a lil bit.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-imag0286.jpg   Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-imag0285.jpg  
Old 05-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Seen this on another forum, not mine.

Shouldnt be that hard to do, looks like he used the front bumper from the Exo as well. Spare lexan for the sides.

Cant wait to try it!

Source: http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/l...tml#post255999
Looks cool, but I don't see how you would access the battery without pulling the cage off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.