Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
If I was you, I'd download the Losi 8ight manual. There's a pretty good tuning guide in there that tells you what adjustments will give you what you need. You can go down the list and make adjustments that are supposed to give you what you are looking for one at a time and see how they work for you.

For your situation, since you have plenty of off power steering, I'd go to 7k in the front diff first, and try that, it will give you more on power steering. You could also go thicker in the center. Both will sacrifice a little off power steering though. For me personally, I like tuning via diff fluids, others may not. You could also try a stiffer rear swaybar, that will put more weight on the front wheels in a turn, but you may need to make other adjustments to like that change, as it can cause adverse side effects . Stiffer rear springs, raising the rear ride height, might also help you, as both will also help keep more weight on the front wheels. Those adjustments also give more off power steering, and are a good way to get back sacrifices made from the above. Also, if you haven't backed off the front shock eyelets 2 turns, I'd do that now. You could also play with the front kickup....I've been experimenting with that now, so I can't give too much input into that till I get some more track time. I haven't been running the last couple months due to Hunting Season
Thanks Rid! Some great stuff to look at...
Really only a handful of guys that place ahead of me at our club level
and it is micro adjustments that are keeping me off that pace now.Thanx again for your continued input...
Old 12-16-2011, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

So anyone have any input on which of the new chassis are performing the best? BCE looks cool and priced well, Losi is pretty sweet and the highest priced, and SNR is Carbon Fiber looks nice as well. Just curious.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Cool! let's see it once it's all put together! BTW, with the Hingepin holders, don't cut the hingepins right away. First test fit them and see if they work without being cut. Some people have had to cut them and others have not, so button her up first without cutting them and see if they bind. If they do, then cut .5mm and retest. If they still bind cut another .5mm etc. I know it's a little tedius but it'll give you the perfect fit because the last thing you want to do is cut them and find out you didnt need to, Good Luck!
haha, thats funny, we are actually in the process of making them longer!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCTRacerX
So anyone have any input on which of the new chassis are performing the best? BCE looks cool and priced well, Losi is pretty sweet and the highest priced, and SNR is Carbon Fiber looks nice as well. Just curious.
BCE for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

BCE for sure, I won 2 state Titles this year with mine!

Better material and no nitro holes in it compared to the Losi.

The SNR...well, one of my buddies bought one of those and it flexes like a wet noodle! It also lacks the side kickups to run the factory mud guards. Personally, I wouldn't run one. Perhaps on the slipperiest of tracks, the flex might help with traction...but otherwise I'd look elsewhere.

I would like to see a Matrix Carbon chassis though They do Carbon Chassis the RIGHT way!!
Old 12-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Just picked up one of these today. I'll be running a Pro4 motor with a 13T pinion at LSR Speedway in Sacramento. Also got some AKA Cityblock tires in soft compound for racing at the track. I'll use the stock tires for the track in my backyard. What would be a good starting point for the diff fluid? I have 3K, 5K, 7K, and 10K.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have this one looks awesome and work great http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html
Old 12-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

BCE! better looking chassis of all the aftermarket out there. while still being strong.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ridley
BCE for sure, I won 2 state Titles this year with mine!

Better material and no nitro holes in it compared to the Losi.

The SNR...well, one of my buddies bought one of those and it flexes like a wet noodle! It also lacks the side kickups to run the factory mud guards. Personally, I wouldn't run one. Perhaps on the slipperiest of tracks, the flex might help with traction...but otherwise I'd look elsewhere.

I would like to see a Matrix Carbon chassis though They do Carbon Chassis the RIGHT way!!
I am certainly not starting anything here and I have said it multiple times, pleaes dont disparage things especially when you dont have the facts. You cannot say the material is better...you can say you love it and its the best thing since sliced bread, or whatever else, but dont talk negative on something that you have no data to support. I would say this about anything, everyone in here knows this.

I think the BCE is a good chassis myself. I happen to know the Losi is as well...national champ and all. Not sure which SNR your buddy bought but the thicker one is pretty stout. I do agree that I dont like the sides not being bent though. And the Bump one seems ok, its a bit more flexible in the back like the BCE but that is what all the different braces are for, to tune the flex in the rear.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mamc24
I have this one looks awesome and work great http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html

Im getting that chassis i saw it on nitrohouse that price is really good !
Old 12-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default RPM Bumpers Comming soon.

Ran into a rep from RPM, They are making a front/rear bumper for this truck, should be out sometime next year winter/spring.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
Ran into a rep from RPM, They are making a front/rear bumper for this truck, should be out sometime next year winter/spring.
thats good news, the losi ones suck
Old 12-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
The goodies just keep coming......i just ordered the KingsHead CVD pin Keepers....just cause they look cool......whats that worth a tenth a lap...LOL!!!......i think there will always be something new for this HotRod!....
Old 12-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hacker07
I am certainly not starting anything here and I have said it multiple times, pleaes dont disparage things especially when you dont have the facts. You cannot say the material is better...you can say you love it and its the best thing since sliced bread, or whatever else, but dont talk negative on something that you have no data to support. I would say this about anything, everyone in here knows this.

I think the BCE is a good chassis myself. I happen to know the Losi is as well...national champ and all. Not sure which SNR your buddy bought but the thicker one is pretty stout. I do agree that I dont like the sides not being bent though. And the Bump one seems ok, its a bit more flexible in the back like the BCE but that is what all the different braces are for, to tune the flex in the rear.
Does Losi use Mil Spec 7075 T6 Aluminum? If they do, please provide documentation that they do so. If you have documentation, then I will immediately rescind my statement. It has been asked in this forum before, and the exact material used has never been disclosed, and we all know how to fill in between the lines. If the material is equal, then Losi should certainly have no issues in letting it be known.

I didn't say the Losi chassis was poor metal, or say it's a poor product, I think the Losi chassis is a decent product sans the nitro holes actually, but claiming it's made of "equal" material is a bit optimistic on your part.

Besides, wasn't that national championship chassis a milled out stock chassis made from the 60xx series stock material, which was also admitted to eventually being bent, along with the other stock chassis that were milled? The same chassis that were the ones being "tested thoroughly" before being released although the final product 7075 chassis wasn't the one actually being tested? So the actual national championship winning chassis, as you claim the production one is in the above statement, is not the actual winning chassis and can really not actually be purchased? I can go dig up that whole scenario with you and casper back in this thread if need be, where the mistruths came to light, but I'm sure you remember that so it shouldn't be needed, or rehashed in public. Most of this thread is now new posters, it's likely wise to leave it buried.

Again, not trying to stir the pot, just hate seeing misleading information posted in the name of sales...especially when calling out my unbiased and accurate opinion and then throwing down an intentional mistruth, in order to do so.

So again....let's see this metallurgical report and get this cleared up
Old 12-16-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Factory Seal
The goodies just keep coming......i just ordered the KingsHead CVD pin Keepers....just cause they look cool......whats that worth a tenth a lap...LOL!!!......i think there will always be something new for this HotRod!....
Nice factory seal. Im picking up mine tomorrow at my local hobbyshop

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.