Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 01:48 PM
  #25351  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
KingdomRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 1,483
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

5/7/3 works great for me!
KingdomRacer is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 02:57 PM
  #25352  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
10sctrel0v3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Titusville, Fl.
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

casper, just come race at my local track and tell me what i need to do btw anybody heading to the big race this weekend in coral springs fl?
10sctrel0v3r is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
  #25353  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 602
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
5/7/3 works great for me!
what is your track condition. in or outdoors?
Honu is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 03:34 PM
  #25354  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (34)
 
Casper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Orange, Ca
Posts: 17,869
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r
casper, just come race at my local track and tell me what i need to do btw anybody heading to the big race this weekend in coral springs fl?
I am having a hard enough time getting to my local track this time of year. I would love to take a break and make it down to Fl though.

I don't need to be there to tell you what to do though. Charge up some batteries put a smile on your face and have some fun playing with your toy car!
Casper is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 03:37 PM
  #25355  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 269
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nitro0619
I dont see u catching up to me w/ that wing lol
You know you laughed when I posted that. Now my wing and I are coming after you. You know my lap times are there, I just need to run more to get the consistency.
Mitten is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:39 PM
  #25356  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 35
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Raced the SCTE for the first time ever Sat. Maintained 4th thru qual. and Main, not bad for first time driving the scte or a 4x4 for that matter. Really nice handling truck out of the box. Have TLR tuning kit ordered, along with springs. Ran the grease in all diff's. MMP esc, Tekin pro4 4600kv. Venom 5200 40c.

The MMP did alright to be honest I wasnt all that impressed with the Tekin. I think the esc was more the problem than the motor though. Reset all settings and ran with 13-15 pinions. Any suggestions are welcome. I cant swing the rx8 at the moment. Ran the ecplise tires also. They worked pretty well on our indor Med grip smooth Clay track. Does anyone have a suggestion on wheels. I kinda like the jconcept rulex wheels on my buggy, are the tough enough for the 4x4sct class? Will the 5-5-3 oils work for my on this tight smooth med/high traction clay? was thinking of running 5-5-2. I need the rear to rotate alittle more through-out the corner.

Thanks
Grant
GPatterson is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:53 PM
  #25357  
Tech Master
iTrader: (49)
 
HighLife420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,189
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, just got my used SCTE in the mail....looking at it now, just noticing somethings. I expected the shock towers to be bent..not a huge deal.

However, how hard it is to push on the ground with no motor in it? The front seems to move nice and easy, however...the rear seems really hard to roll. If i put it on the ground and give it a push, it basically rolls a few inches and stops. Im trying to figure out if this is normal (since its 4WD).
HighLife420 is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 06:11 PM
  #25358  
Tech Regular
 
Lucid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 264
Default

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Hey guys, just got my used SCTE in the mail....looking at it now, just noticing somethings. I expected the shock towers to be bent..not a huge deal.

However, how hard it is to push on the ground with no motor in it? The front seems to move nice and easy, however...the rear seems really hard to roll. If i put it on the ground and give it a push, it basically rolls a few inches and stops. Im trying to figure out if this is normal (since its 4WD).

does it have the motor in it? if so its normal that it wont go far. these dont freewheel like a nitro

if there is no motor and it rolls hard check the drive train.

since your buying it used the very first thing you should do is take it completely apart, swap bearings and make sure everything is free and in good order
Lucid is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 06:14 PM
  #25359  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Grandturk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

+1 on tear down and rebuild.

I had seized bearings in my tranny that had been turned in the transmission cases. So it still rolled. It's worth it to tear it down now nd get to know the truck
Grandturk is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 07:19 PM
  #25360  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 415
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

NEED HELP!

Problem - Under hard braking my ass end kicks out, and under acceleration out of a corner the rear end drifts out. I am using the right tire, my suspension is setup very similar to others who's trucks are running very well too.

I am running on a med to high bite smooth indoor clay track. I am running 5/3/3. I never had an issue running my MMM/3800, but now with the RX8/4600 my ass end seems to be all over the place.

Should I try thickening up the center? I am getting mixxed answers latley. What should be my first plan of attack
GaRsNoW is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 07:20 PM
  #25361  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
10sctrel0v3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Titusville, Fl.
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GPatterson
Raced the SCTE for the first time ever Sat. Maintained 4th thru qual. and Main, not bad for first time driving the scte or a 4x4 for that matter. Really nice handling truck out of the box. Have TLR tuning kit ordered, along with springs. Ran the grease in all diff's. MMP esc, Tekin pro4 4600kv. Venom 5200 40c.

The MMP did alright to be honest I wasnt all that impressed with the Tekin. I think the esc was more the problem than the motor though. Reset all settings and ran with 13-15 pinions. Any suggestions are welcome. I cant swing the rx8 at the moment. Ran the ecplise tires also. They worked pretty well on our indor Med grip smooth Clay track. Does anyone have a suggestion on wheels. I kinda like the jconcept rulex wheels on my buggy, are the tough enough for the 4x4sct class? Will the 5-5-3 oils work for my on this tight smooth med/high traction clay? was thinking of running 5-5-2. I need the rear to rotate alittle more through-out the corner.

Thanks
Grant
something about the rolux wheels to consider, im running a set of them and i have noticed about 2-4 cracks about 2-3mm long near the center of the wheel
10sctrel0v3r is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 07:46 PM
  #25362  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (56)
 
kman16jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa,Fl.
Posts: 4,045
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys the front center cvd popped out of the assembly the other day and noticed the 2 holes in the plastic sleeve were really worn and i believe from what i see is a small crack in the sleeve,I moved over to the new set of holes in the coupler and put double heatshrink over the coupler and it seems to be on there nicely,so my question is do you think the heatshrink will last?Has anyone had there front center driveshaft pop out of the coupler?
kman16jr is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 07:52 PM
  #25363  
Tech Master
iTrader: (38)
 
alvinsmith75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Orleans Area
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GaRsNoW
NEED HELP!

Problem - Under hard braking my ass end kicks out, and under acceleration out of a corner the rear end drifts out. I am using the right tire, my suspension is setup very similar to others who's trucks are running very well too.

I am running on a med to high bite smooth indoor clay track. I am running 5/3/3. I never had an issue running my MMM/3800, but now with the RX8/4600 my ass end seems to be all over the place.

Should I try thickening up the center? I am getting mixxed answers latley. What should be my first plan of attack
Everytime I have hear of the braking problem it was that the car had too much brake. Try dialing out some brake epa and see what happens. I run about 35% total brake. You should be able to slam on the brakes and the vehicle should be able to make a turn without the wheels locking up.

Having to "pedal" the throttle to keep the truck straight could be too much toe out in the front. At least that is an easy place to start without seing your truck.
alvinsmith75 is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 08:05 PM
  #25364  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,436
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mitten
You know you laughed when I posted that. Now my wing and I are coming after you. You know my lap times are there, I just need to run more to get the consistency.
Hahaha bring it!!!! The class is really taking off lately and some good competiton there....
nitro0619 is offline  
Old 12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
  #25365  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
BmainStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: pullin in,ca.
Posts: 1,993
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Hey guys the front center cvd popped out of the assembly the other day and noticed the 2 holes in the plastic sleeve were really worn and i believe from what i see is a small crack in the sleeve,I moved over to the new set of holes in the coupler and put double heatshrink over the coupler and it seems to be on there nicely,so my question is do you think the heatshrink will last?Has anyone had there front center driveshaft pop out of the coupler?
Yup..You ,Me the Guy up the street the Kid who hasn't even got-n his yet!!They have a new design coming soon,just pack IT with grease to keep it moving Freely
BmainStar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.