Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

5/7/3 works great for me!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

casper, just come race at my local track and tell me what i need to do btw anybody heading to the big race this weekend in coral springs fl?
Old 12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
5/7/3 works great for me!
what is your track condition. in or outdoors?
Old 12-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 10sctrel0v3r
casper, just come race at my local track and tell me what i need to do btw anybody heading to the big race this weekend in coral springs fl?
I am having a hard enough time getting to my local track this time of year. I would love to take a break and make it down to Fl though.

I don't need to be there to tell you what to do though. Charge up some batteries put a smile on your face and have some fun playing with your toy car!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro0619
I dont see u catching up to me w/ that wing lol
You know you laughed when I posted that. Now my wing and I are coming after you. You know my lap times are there, I just need to run more to get the consistency.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Raced the SCTE for the first time ever Sat. Maintained 4th thru qual. and Main, not bad for first time driving the scte or a 4x4 for that matter. Really nice handling truck out of the box. Have TLR tuning kit ordered, along with springs. Ran the grease in all diff's. MMP esc, Tekin pro4 4600kv. Venom 5200 40c.

The MMP did alright to be honest I wasnt all that impressed with the Tekin. I think the esc was more the problem than the motor though. Reset all settings and ran with 13-15 pinions. Any suggestions are welcome. I cant swing the rx8 at the moment. Ran the ecplise tires also. They worked pretty well on our indor Med grip smooth Clay track. Does anyone have a suggestion on wheels. I kinda like the jconcept rulex wheels on my buggy, are the tough enough for the 4x4sct class? Will the 5-5-3 oils work for my on this tight smooth med/high traction clay? was thinking of running 5-5-2. I need the rear to rotate alittle more through-out the corner.

Thanks
Grant
Old 12-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hey guys, just got my used SCTE in the mail....looking at it now, just noticing somethings. I expected the shock towers to be bent..not a huge deal.

However, how hard it is to push on the ground with no motor in it? The front seems to move nice and easy, however...the rear seems really hard to roll. If i put it on the ground and give it a push, it basically rolls a few inches and stops. Im trying to figure out if this is normal (since its 4WD).
Old 12-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HighLife420
Hey guys, just got my used SCTE in the mail....looking at it now, just noticing somethings. I expected the shock towers to be bent..not a huge deal.

However, how hard it is to push on the ground with no motor in it? The front seems to move nice and easy, however...the rear seems really hard to roll. If i put it on the ground and give it a push, it basically rolls a few inches and stops. Im trying to figure out if this is normal (since its 4WD).

does it have the motor in it? if so its normal that it wont go far. these dont freewheel like a nitro

if there is no motor and it rolls hard check the drive train.

since your buying it used the very first thing you should do is take it completely apart, swap bearings and make sure everything is free and in good order
Old 12-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

+1 on tear down and rebuild.

I had seized bearings in my tranny that had been turned in the transmission cases. So it still rolled. It's worth it to tear it down now nd get to know the truck
Old 12-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

NEED HELP!

Problem - Under hard braking my ass end kicks out, and under acceleration out of a corner the rear end drifts out. I am using the right tire, my suspension is setup very similar to others who's trucks are running very well too.

I am running on a med to high bite smooth indoor clay track. I am running 5/3/3. I never had an issue running my MMM/3800, but now with the RX8/4600 my ass end seems to be all over the place.

Should I try thickening up the center? I am getting mixxed answers latley. What should be my first plan of attack
Old 12-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GPatterson
Raced the SCTE for the first time ever Sat. Maintained 4th thru qual. and Main, not bad for first time driving the scte or a 4x4 for that matter. Really nice handling truck out of the box. Have TLR tuning kit ordered, along with springs. Ran the grease in all diff's. MMP esc, Tekin pro4 4600kv. Venom 5200 40c.

The MMP did alright to be honest I wasnt all that impressed with the Tekin. I think the esc was more the problem than the motor though. Reset all settings and ran with 13-15 pinions. Any suggestions are welcome. I cant swing the rx8 at the moment. Ran the ecplise tires also. They worked pretty well on our indor Med grip smooth Clay track. Does anyone have a suggestion on wheels. I kinda like the jconcept rulex wheels on my buggy, are the tough enough for the 4x4sct class? Will the 5-5-3 oils work for my on this tight smooth med/high traction clay? was thinking of running 5-5-2. I need the rear to rotate alittle more through-out the corner.

Thanks
Grant
something about the rolux wheels to consider, im running a set of them and i have noticed about 2-4 cracks about 2-3mm long near the center of the wheel
Old 12-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Hey guys the front center cvd popped out of the assembly the other day and noticed the 2 holes in the plastic sleeve were really worn and i believe from what i see is a small crack in the sleeve,I moved over to the new set of holes in the coupler and put double heatshrink over the coupler and it seems to be on there nicely,so my question is do you think the heatshrink will last?Has anyone had there front center driveshaft pop out of the coupler?
Old 12-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GaRsNoW
NEED HELP!

Problem - Under hard braking my ass end kicks out, and under acceleration out of a corner the rear end drifts out. I am using the right tire, my suspension is setup very similar to others who's trucks are running very well too.

I am running on a med to high bite smooth indoor clay track. I am running 5/3/3. I never had an issue running my MMM/3800, but now with the RX8/4600 my ass end seems to be all over the place.

Should I try thickening up the center? I am getting mixxed answers latley. What should be my first plan of attack
Everytime I have hear of the braking problem it was that the car had too much brake. Try dialing out some brake epa and see what happens. I run about 35% total brake. You should be able to slam on the brakes and the vehicle should be able to make a turn without the wheels locking up.

Having to "pedal" the throttle to keep the truck straight could be too much toe out in the front. At least that is an easy place to start without seing your truck.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mitten
You know you laughed when I posted that. Now my wing and I are coming after you. You know my lap times are there, I just need to run more to get the consistency.
Hahaha bring it!!!! The class is really taking off lately and some good competiton there....
Old 12-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Hey guys the front center cvd popped out of the assembly the other day and noticed the 2 holes in the plastic sleeve were really worn and i believe from what i see is a small crack in the sleeve,I moved over to the new set of holes in the coupler and put double heatshrink over the coupler and it seems to be on there nicely,so my question is do you think the heatshrink will last?Has anyone had there front center driveshaft pop out of the coupler?
Yup..You ,Me the Guy up the street the Kid who hasn't even got-n his yet!!They have a new design coming soon,just pack IT with grease to keep it moving Freely

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.