Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Wow I can't believe my crappy lexan cover pic was used against the
TLR chassis FYI I got a chance to break in my new Losi metal at WCRC last night and I was really impressed. Noticed the weight reduction especially in flight and braking, and there was ZERO issues with dirt getting into the spur etc. I would highly recommend the TLR chassis to anyone who wants to loose some weight and look really good doing it
Old 09-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCal Jared
TLR chassis FYI I got a chance to break in my new Losi metal at WCRC last night and I was really impressed. Noticed the weight reduction especially in flight and braking, and there was ZERO issues with dirt getting into the spur etc. I would highly recommend the TLR chassis to anyone who wants to loose some weight and look really good doing it
Agreed, I like to stay OEM myself unless absolutely necessary.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marco926
so should we use shorter center diff screw for TLR chassis ???
If you choose to not put in the plastic cover for the nitro holes and lower the center diff then yes you should use shorter screws. If you choose to keep the cover then use the stock screws. Your choice!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCal Jared
Like I said it was Shameless LOL I am running the TLR and it works awesome
I am using the brace from the rc8? Factory blue one!At the end that goes to the diff,I drill out the hole a little for more clearance and used a turn buckle rod end to mount it.You can uncrew the ends (one that comes with it as well)to get it to bolt in the extra motor mount screw hole!Fits perfect and works great!
Old 09-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Like I said it was Shameless LOL I am running the TLR and it works awesome
I am using the brace from the rc8? Factory blue one!At the end that goes to the diff,I drill out the hole a little for more clearance and used a turn buckle rod end to mount it.You can uncrew the ends (one that comes with it as well)to get it to bolt in the extra motor mount screw hole!Fits perfect and works great!
no more or less shameless than ryan or casper telling us how super cool a new losi part is. just because this is the "official" losi SCTE thread doesn't mean they have exclusive rights to advertising in it.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
Agreed, I like to stay OEM myself unless absolutely necessary.
Exactly . You can't get help from the pros on setup if your running a different chassis . I love all the hate on the tlr chassis just because there are nitro cut outs.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
no more or less shameless than ryan or casper telling us how super cool a new losi part is. just because this is the "official" losi SCTE thread doesn't mean they have exclusive rights to advertising in it.
I know the BCE is a good product! I just think it was funny that he showed the lexan cover photo as an opportunity to say we dont need that LOL See all the lol and smiley faces???I will try one on my 2nd truck just as another option(not hating)Just laughing!!
Old 09-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Marco926
so should we use shorter center diff screw for TLR chassis ???
I don't think you have ever seen Ryan or me Bad mouth the BCE, bump or SNR chassis. Being involved with the development of the TLR chassis we are confident in it's performance though. Debunking perseved issues with cutouts in the chassis is part of selling the product. Many have had great luck with the BCE and it looks like a great chassis. We just feel there are features with the TLR that make is a little better.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
I don't think you have ever seen Ryan or me Bad mouth the BCE, bump or SNR chassis. Being involved with the development of the TLR chassis we are confident in it's performance though. Debunking perseved issues with cutouts in the chassis is part of selling the product. Many have had great luck with the BCE and it looks like a great chassis. We just feel there are features with the TLR that make is a little better.
Like the many large holes? LOL sorry I just couldn't resist.
And the funny thing is the truck and this thread is called the SCTE
Old 09-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
I know the BCE is a good product! I just think it was funny that he showed the lexan cover photo as an opportunity to say we dont need that LOL See all the lol and smiley faces???I will try one on my 2nd truck just as another option(not hating)Just laughing!!
yeah, i get what you're saying. i don't mind anyone coming in here and touting their product. more choices are a good thing and i like to know when new stuff comes out so i can part with my money.

still waiting for losi ten-scte hard anodized green shock bodies
Old 09-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
Isnt it ironic ? Dont you think ?
Old 09-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
yeah, i get what you're saying. i don't mind anyone coming in here and touting their product. more choices are a good thing and i like to know when new stuff comes out so i can part with my money.

still waiting for losi ten-scte hard anodized green shock bodies
Well, there are only so many colors of actual hard anodizing versus just regular anodizing. The HA bodies will be available soon enough but they will be the Losi standard HA color.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Prophet

It allows the chassis to be used for those that want to run nitro SCT. All the parts exist to make the nitro verson. Why not make the chassis be able to do both. The stock Losi chassis does both! I agree this is the electric truck thread but having the holes makes the chassis more verstile down the road. Saves some weight as well.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

your not looking at it from LOSI perspective. Its more cost efficient to just make one chassis for two platforms. I run the TLR and think its great, I seen the BCE and think its awesome as well.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chase1472
your not looking at it from LOSI perspective. Its more cost efficient to just make one chassis for two platforms. I run the TLR and think its great, I seen the BCE and think its awesome as well.
X2 .the scte is based off a nitro platform.having holes n the chassis doesn't hurt it at all ,if you really have a problem with it put the stock inserts on the chassis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.