Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MIP MATT
Thank you Sir and theres no two products that are the same between the MIP and TLR kit correct (dimension wise)? The only two similarities I could remotely see is shock towers but even so the MIP shock towers change up the geometry and stand the shocks up a little more than traditional TLR towers.

Also on price points the MIP proformance kit Part # 12200 is avialable soon through horizon for a little over 200 and I'm sure you guys have seen its just not a 7075 aluminum chassis, but towers, aluminum braces, 3 pairs of front springs soft/medium/firm, bypass1 pistons to adjust compression/rebound, 2x lunsford/dubro turnbucks for the steering rack, lexan couling (dust guard), all the hardware needed to slap on the kit. Also the layout is completely different to anything out on the market (to the best of my knowledge) and takes out all the oem plastic mounts (pretaining to the chassis) and changes around the weight distribution, to add on top of that the car becomes nearly a half pound lighter (7 ounces)
i want to say great innovations and your item belongs in this thread along with all innovations to our truck!!!! make me a chassis that will work with the TLR and I'm sold!!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
I agree 100%. Yes, it is the Losi SCTE thread. Not the "Losi SCTE thread and discussion of all losi and TLR upgrades for it". The MIP stuff is not my cup of tea, but it's absolutely deserving to be in this thread. This thread isn't for losi to advertise their stuff. It's discussion of the truck they made.
Agreed !
Old 06-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Need some help picking out a motor for my scte. I have the rx8 already 2s lipos etc already. Looking decent power be able to make a 10min main with my 5500mah packs. Any help would be great.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroxr
Need some help picking out a motor for my scte. I have the rx8 already 2s lipos etc already. Looking decent power be able to make a 10min main with my 5500mah packs. Any help would be great.
10 minutes is gonna be hard with 5500mAh packs unless its not a very big track . I have tried the Novak Ballistic 550 4.5T , Tenshock SC411 4600Kv , and the Castle 1410 and the Novak and Tenshock are both way more power hungry than the Castle 1410 .

I went back too the Castle cause the Tenshock was puffing my packs and it has more grunt than the Novak . Only problem is its not sensored , but the RX8 runs very smoothly unsensored .
Old 06-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Come here to find what's new, what's working, and fixes for the SCTE.
So... that should mean anything is fair game when it concerns the SCTE, period!
I read that and was like REALLY.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
I agree 100%. Yes, it is the Losi SCTE thread. Not the "Losi SCTE thread and discussion of all losi and TLR upgrades for it". The MIP stuff is not my cup of tea, but it's absolutely deserving to be in this thread. This thread isn't for losi to advertise their stuff. It's discussion of the truck they made.
This is a scte thread???? I thought this was "whats the baddest motor i can fit in my 6+lb 4*4 sc truck. Lol I hardly ever hear any setup info about that truck.
Nice to see some actual compair and contrast between different chassis's.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Matt/MIP, I'm curious, do you have a list of parts that you actually use from the SCTE with your conversion? It might make more sense for those that want to go MIP or WANT A KIT to just buy the parts to go alongside the MIP conversion, rather than buying a full truck and converting it. At a quick glance, it seems like only some drive line components and mounts are retained for use.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I am just curious about this whole should MIP have a seperate thread debate. Then why do we have a seperate thread for every single slash conversion under the sun? I don't have an opinion either way on this...
Old 06-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer
Come here to find what's new, what's working, and fixes for the SCTE.
So... that should mean anything is fair game when it concerns the SCTE, period!
I read that and was like REALLY.
I'm mostly ambivalent/devil's advocate, but I thought I'd chime in since I type really-really fast. As it is the same question gets asked 1000 times. When you introduce different shock (tower) and steering geometries, completely different pistons, different chassis/weight layout, and overall weight delta that all comes in one tidy package - a lot of the questions/answers don't convey and we'll get even more questions from the folks who actually TRY to search but get confused.

Either that, or every question or 'sub thread' will have to have the truck baseline documented to make any sense at all.

It seems like it's more removed than asking questions about the 810 in this thread.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:15 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nismomike
Have to say, I disagree. To me its no different than the other chassis options. I'd like to see the info stay combined. The MIP kit is pretty equal to the TLR Tuning kit and Flex tuned chassis as far as components. If Losi sold those (TLR kit/chassis) together then would you suggest it be confined to a seperate thread? Not trying to stir the pot or start drama, just really suprised to see Matt asked to leave and get his own thread. To me it sounds like an attempt to seperate manufacturer options on a public forum. Just my opinion.
Agreed

Last I checked, this wasn't a Losi only with only Losi manufactured SCTE hop ups thread.

2400+ pages in a year and a half and worried about a couple pages devoted to a new upgrade to the SCTE?? Makes no sense.

BUT I can see where Casper is coming from considering how this thread usually becomes a pissing match when it comes to various manufacturers making hop-ups for this truck.

HOPEFULLY this time we can actually get constructive feedback about the MIP conversion as opposed to people telling everyone how worthless and crappy you and your truck are if you don't have the latest and greatest.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Does anyone have some black front springs and orange rear springs they wanna sell me for way cheap?
Old 06-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Well This is my first post in here. I just switched from the Sc10 4x4 to the Scte. 2 weeks ago I ran my ft sc10 4x4 one heat and my freinds Scte the next heat, I finish 2 in my heat and 4th qualifying with my Sc10 should have one but made a dumb mistake. 2nd Heat I must note i have never driven a losi of any kind before. This truck was 100% stock even still had grease in the diffs. Took me a few laps to figure out how to get it around the track bit i ended up first and tq. That next week I listed my Sc10 4x4 on ebay and sold it. Picked up my First Losi Ever I have always been a Team Associated guy I thought I might catch on fire have the Losi Scte sitting next to me in the truck lol. Still sounds weird saying I own a losi, infact I just switched everything my truggy and buggy. Anyways last week we raced at our 1/10 scale track, came in 2nd both heats to one of the best drivers here (we have 3 Tlr drivers here) 2nd heat i kinda found my grove. I ended up qualifying 4th for the main. Main Starts I have someone drive through me in the first turn “go figure" drop back to 6th. But then I was on, picking off one after another. A min or two in i find myself in 2nd then I hear me friend calling for a TM. Before i know it I start to see in a few sec in front of me, as be come up on lap traffic it get even tighter pretty much bumper to bumper the rest of the race. He ended up winning by 2.1 sec "*@#^%" lol, I struggled to be consistent with my Sc10 4x4 but I have to admit I was super smooth and consistent with the Scte. I really like the truck and I sure hope my Truggy & Buggy drive the same.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sbrewer
Well This is my first post in here. I just switched from the Sc10 4x4 to the Scte. 2 weeks ago I ran my ft sc10 4x4 one heat and my freinds Scte the next heat, I finish 2 in my heat and 4th qualifying with my Sc10 should have one but made a dumb mistake. 2nd Heat I must note i have never driven a losi of any kind before. This truck was 100% stock even still had grease in the diffs. Took me a few laps to figure out how to get it around the track bit i ended up first and tq. That next week I listed my Sc10 4x4 on ebay and sold it. Picked up my First Losi Ever I have always been a Team Associated guy I thought I might catch on fire have the Losi Scte sitting next to me in the truck lol. Still sounds weird saying I own a losi, infact I just switched everything my truggy and buggy. Anyways last week we raced at our 1/10 scale track, came in 2nd both heats to one of the best drivers here (we have 3 Tlr drivers here) 2nd heat i kinda found my grove. I ended up qualifying 4th for the main. Main Starts I have someone drive through me in the first turn “go figure" drop back to 6th. But then I was on, picking off one after another. A min or two in i find myself in 2nd then I hear me friend calling for a TM. Before i know it I start to see in a few sec in front of me, as be come up on lap traffic it get even tighter pretty much bumper to bumper the rest of the race. He ended up winning by 2.1 sec "*@#^%" lol, I struggled to be consistent with my Sc10 4x4 but I have to admit I was super smooth and consistent with the Scte. I really like the truck and I sure hope my Truggy & Buggy drive the same.
Took You long enough!! JK,JK,JK!!!The truck is easy to drive fast!!!Which makes it that much funner to race!!Welcome to the DarkSide!!!!You will love it! Welcome to Losi!!!!!Cheers!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Just snapped the front end of my TLR Tuned Chassis straight off the buggy...

Even the LHS owner was impressed with my ability to snap it. Im still amazed, a little angry and dumbfounded.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I have to agree, I was "ALL KYOSHO" for the last 3 years, got my SCTE, and now I am all Losi! Got the 22T and now I will be working on getting another 22T and converting it to SCT...The new Losi rides are fantastic, enjoy!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.