Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Exclamation

Originally Posted by RedDevil13
I think the BCE chassis is cursed. I received mine on a Friday evening (I race Friday) so I set it aside and went racing. Saturday I installed it on my truck and for the last 3 weeks since then I have been rained out. 3 weeks the truck has sat there all purdy and clean and I cant try out the chassis lol. Not sure I can race this weekend either, and the rain has been unrelenting all week again, so maybe I can try it out next week.

Seriously though, I did all the research ahead of time, I had all the shortened screws I needed ready for when it arrived, and the install was smooth as silk. That said, I still dont see why BCE cant supply the 5 screws along with the chassis when it ships. It would cost next to nothing extra if they bought bulk qty. screws and it would be a huge benefit to the consumer.

LOL Devil we put a little of this in every chassis...
we tried to remove the moisture part, sorry you might have got
a little more of that
Regarding the screws I will look into getting them included
with the Chassis, I like the Idea of making it easy for you guys
on the build . Thanks for the Input .. I do hope you can get out soon
Keep us posted on your progress
Old 09-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

HOLY bleep bllep that is some SRS wrath from above right there.

1 single reason I didnt buy the TLR chassis is those holes.

The reason I chose the BCE instead is that I bought one of the very first chassis BCE ever made some 6-7 years ago for my Lightning stadium pro. The chassis is still sitting on my truggy today and still looks like the day I bought it. Bill came to us with a solution to a terrible problem with that old truggy and from that started a hell of a business (atleast in my foggy memory I dont recall him making other chassis before that). Im sure my new SCTE chassis will serve me just as well.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

LOL, I can't believe that those holes are such a big deal to people.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I must admit at first I was concerned, that's why the attempt to cover them. But like I said, after running hard last night 10-12 packs, I had no more dirt near my spur than if the holes were not there at all. Glad we have options, but I'm glad I went with the TLR.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

lol, my stock chassis as the holes exposed, it hasn't been a big deal, lol
I think I myself am gonna wait on the TLR chassis when the time comes to get a new chassis. if they put hair around the holes noone would complain
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default Metal spur gear

I want to put a metal spur gear on. I know there is no benefit from it, hell, it's a acceleration loss, but I don't race often. I just like the loudness of it. Anyone have a part number of a direct fit?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

I think another thread should be started, " The Great SCTE Chassis Debate"!!

Wow, its get'n out of control......
Old 09-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Originally Posted by wcrase101
lol, my stock chassis as the holes exposed, it hasn't been a big deal, lol
I think I myself am gonna wait on the TLR chassis when the time comes to get a new chassis. if they put hair around the holes noone would complain
Oh, I dont know. I prefer holes to be hairless myself.

As far as the chassis holes, I just view them as something that wasnt needed and a possibility for a rock to jam up into the spur. Ive had it happen more than once with my nitro stuff where I got a flame out because of a rock jammed into the spur or flywheel.

I understand the point from TLR side of things, I am a designer, so I know it is nice to have 1 item cover multiple assemblies or uses. But when I was designing machined parts like castings and such in the past, we would have separate machine programs for each application, we didnt send the part out to the customer as an "all-in-one" product with more labor/machine time than absolutely needed.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Feint Motion
I want to put a metal spur gear on. I know there is no benefit from it, hell, it's a acceleration loss, but I don't race often. I just like the loudness of it. Anyone have a part number of a direct fit?
LOL, you think the truck isn't loud enough? It already sounds like a chainsaw compared to the SC10
Old 09-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Oh, I dont know. I prefer holes to be hairless myself.

As far as the chassis holes, I just view them as something that wasnt needed and a possibility for a rock to jam up into the spur. Ive had it happen more than once with my nitro stuff where I got a flame out because of a rock jammed into the spur or flywheel.

I understand the point from TLR side of things, I am a designer, so I know it is nice to have 1 item cover multiple assemblies or uses. But when I was designing machined parts like castings and such in the past, we would have separate machine programs for each application, we didnt send the part out to the customer as an "all-in-one" product with more labor/machine time than absolutely needed.
I think there's more risk of dirt/rocks getting kicked up from the sides/front tires than coming up from the holes on the chassis.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
LOL, you think the truck isn't loud enough? It already sounds like a chainsaw compared to the SC10
I gotta say, mine is pretty quiet and most I see are...lol.

Originally Posted by Asharus
I think there's more risk of dirt/rocks getting kicked up from the sides/front tires than coming up from the holes on the chassis.
I have to agree with this, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am just glad there are lots of good options so everyone has their needs met.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
I gotta say, mine is pretty quiet and most I see are...lol.
My truck nosie is all motor mainly. I just like the sound of a metal spur. To be honest most scte's I've raced at the track sound the same.
Any idea if any 8ight metal spurs will fit? If not I'll do some hard research.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

If the holes are such a problem, you can get the Lightweight Bump Chassis from Nitrohouse. It has no holes.........problem solved.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

I think the BCE chassis is cursed. I received mine on a Friday evening (I race Friday) so I set it aside and went racing. Saturday I installed it on my truck and for the last 3 weeks since then I have been rained out. 3 weeks the truck has sat there all purdy and clean and I cant try out the chassis lol. Not sure I can race this weekend either, and the rain has been unrelenting all week again, so maybe I can try it out next week.

Seriously though, I did all the research ahead of time, I had all the shortened screws I needed ready for when it arrived, and the install was smooth as silk. That said, I still dont see why BCE cant supply the 5 screws along with the chassis when it ships. It would cost next to nothing extra if they bought bulk qty. screws and it would be a huge benefit to the consumer.
The Lightweight Bump Chassis has the needed screws. FYI
Old 09-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Get yourself a Tenshock motor. They are much louder than the 550 sensored motors.

Originally Posted by Feint Motion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.