Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 02:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SaladFork
No dirt in the city, only pavement!

Hi Salad,

looks like the 8IGHT shocks?
if so are u using silver springs in front and green at the back?
what shock oil? 25? 35?
any rebound?
thx for your input.
have an 8IGHT and would like to know main difference in shocks compared to the scte.
best,
V

Last edited by vasidudu; 10-09-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
They didn't like I was using a SC10 body on a Losi.
I'm running the SC10 Body also and I have to say, it's held up better than any other body I've used before. It's kinda funny, but I threw my Losi headlight cover stickers, the Losi "T" stickers and the Losi grill from the stock body sticker kit and put them on so it wouldn't be confused. So now people, give it a double take lol

Originally Posted by KIK
TLR are adjustable using the inserts and SNR are non-adjustable. Same as the stock but lighter.

TLR 35g
SNR 13g
SNR makes both Adjustable and Non-adjustable hinge pin covers. I'm using the adjustable ones. They use the stock Losi adjustable hinge pin inserts that you can buy separately.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Reedy Truck Race

Had so much fun yesterday at the Reedy Truck race. Was not even planning on running it do to wifey's birthday but while I was on Live RC watching it she came in and said I should go race . Packed my stuff, called Jimmy to sign me up and made it in time for Rnd 2. Got 1st and 3rd in my Pro 4 heats and qualified 5th for the AAA mains today. My SCTE was dialed in Rnd 1 but I went up in shock oil to try and get a bit more off power steering and that made it a handful to drive. Going back to my original setup for the mains today.

Ryan & Casper, thanks for all your advice and help when you're at the races. It has helped me understand what I can and can't do from track to track. I was surprised not to see you guys at the reedy race but losi is well represented for sure with Thrue, Evans, Phend & Moeller.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Can someone answer my question about where I should go to order the new TLR kit that has the new Aluminum Shock caps with bleeder screw's to run Emulsion style. I want to make sure I get these and not the Older kits w/o the bleeder screw.

What's a good tire for a hard packed track that gets a little loose on top after some running? Also what size tire do I need??? I havent got my truck in the mail yet so im just wondering so I can order up tires and rims. Are they a 2.2?

I was thinking of running the Proline Suburbs or J Concepts Goose Bumps if they fit the truck.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Guys, Just got back from the North Carolina Championship finals in Myrtle Beach. (Don't know why the NC finals were in South Carolina, but the track was amazing). It was a six race series and I was able to take third place in the final points results. All three of us points winners drove Losi. Ryan Lutz raced in this race and needless to say kicked all of our butts, but I was able to do well enough to hang on to my third place in the points. I've been so pleased by the performance of this truck. When they get the pics posted on the site I"ll post the link.

If anyone is interested in checking out the series, the website is http://ncchampseries.com
Old 10-09-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Also, I asked this a few pages back but got no reply.

Where are the latest setup sheets that show setups using the optional Losi springs, pistons and sway bars?? The only ones I can find still only refer to gold, silver and black springs.

Thanks guys
Old 10-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
Can someone answer my question about where I should go to order the new TLR kit that has the new Aluminum Shock caps with bleeder screw's to run Emulsion style. I want to make sure I get these and not the Older kits w/o the bleeder screw.

What's a good tire for a hard packed track that gets a little loose on top after some running? Also what size tire do I need??? I havent got my truck in the mail yet so im just wondering so I can order up tires and rims. Are they a 2.2?

I was thinking of running the Proline Suburbs or J Concepts Goose Bumps if they fit the truck.
That old stock should be gone, your best luck is AMAINS, losi parts house, nitro house stomers... they move stock fast.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by namewasdallas

The TLR kit got the updated shock caps with bleeder holes.

It's in the case that you get the aluminum caps separately that you run the risk of getting ones without the hole.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Cavg- I know theres the old kits and the new kits with what im looking for, I just want to know where I can Order the NEW KIT, Any websites anyone knows of?
]
Old 10-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

[QUOTE=ScottKelly911;9757808]I'm running the SC10 Body also and I have to say, it's held up better than any other body I've used before. It's kinda funny, but I threw my Losi headlight cover stickers, the Losi "T" stickers and the Losi grill from the stock body sticker kit and put them on so it wouldn't be confused. So now people, give it a double take lol

That is one of the things I liked about the SC10 4X4. The body. Most of the time if you rolled, You would roll back on to your wheels.Unfortunately the belt was a bigger negitive for the truck and I got rid of it for the Losi. Am much happier with this truck. Maybe my next body will be a sc10 body with Losi stickers,
Old 10-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up TLR Kit

AmpDraw Hobbies carries the kit.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Originally Posted by chiro972
Also, I asked this a few pages back but got no reply.

Where are the latest setup sheets that show setups using the optional Losi springs, pistons and sway bars?? The only ones I can find still only refer to gold, silver and black springs.

Thanks guys
The Aaron Lane setup on Losi.com is the new setup with the new springs, new sway bars...Its been there for a couple months.

The Dakotah Phend setup also uses the new springs and sways bars...Just gotta look.

Here is a link...

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Tec...rodID=LOSB0127
Old 10-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcracenut

That is one of the things I liked about the SC10 4X4. The body. Most of the time if you rolled, You would roll back on to your wheels.Unfortunately the belt was a bigger negitive for the truck and I got rid of it for the Losi. Am much happier with this truck. Maybe my next body will be a sc10 body with Losi stickers,
Yeah the SC10 body is a PERFECT fit. Much better fit than any of the aftermarket bodies I've run. It was as if it was meant for the truck. I drywall taped and shoe goo'd the critical areas and it's held up great! Here's a pic of it.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

You racing today Scott...?
Old 10-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lbckevin
You racing today Scott...?
Hey Kevin, I sure am, leaving right now. You gonna be there? New layout is super fun!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.