Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
there end of story.
I would like to know what happened between Salad and Tekin for him to remove only their products at first.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 99 (99%+)

What diff fluids are you guys using for carpet?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MXRacer1
I would like to know what happened between Salad and Tekin for him to remove only their products at first.
I would like to know as well , BRB gonna go pop some popcorn first !
Old 10-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by I.got.TJ'ed
About to go with the RX8 , 4600kv combo... Hard to swallow that price though. This system costs more than my 8th scale buggy one...
you get what you pay for man.You want the best sometimes you gotta fork up the loot.But definately making a wise choice.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by isarctard
What diff fluids are you guys using for carpet?
7/5/3 at the moment. Seems to be working pretty well. Proline Streetfighters for tires.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
had a good weekend. Went out to Battle at the Beach at Lake Havasu in Arizona. Sportman and Expert ended up being combined for the Pro 4 class due to lack of expert entries. I learned a lot this weekend including its time to move up, ended up only 7 sec behind Ty Tessman on A3,battled with him a couple laps and my nerves got the best of me but i think thats understandable with who i was racing with . The scte with tekin pro 4 4600 worked great all weekend too, no issues.
Nice job! I wish I had similar results this weekend at a trophy race. I finished with a dismal 5th place. I did finish 1st in Pro2 and 2nd in Pro2 17.5, but those trucks had the right tires. I promised myself that I'm never gonna cheap out on tires again. I didn't want to buy a set of tires for the SCTE for what was probably the last outdoor race for it this season.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Inline...

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Hmm singled us out again…

Pretty slick to start the “official” thread for a very popular car so that you can continually discuss and show your products in it. Do you see any other companies put product release posts in this thread, or any other car thread for that matter.

[SF] Yes Jim, actually I do... I see quite a few product releases in this thread, Chassis, shock towers, wheels, tires, motors you name it. This is a RC thread we talk about products pertaining to that particular R/C. In this case the Losi.

This really crosses some grey areas to use someone else’s popularity to bring attention to you or intentionally keep it from other brands. You crossed the line and tried to make it a marketing tool that it is not yours to use. In the old days of RCTech this would never have been allowed. It is still a questionable marketing technique, especially coming from a fan club that is always claiming we should let the products speak for themselves.

[SF] Actually Jim, RCT changed the name to this thread to 'Official', I woke up one day it was changed. And you guys have been doing this for awhile now, it's nothing new. Quit trying to pass the buck off on me like I did something wrong by removing your products from the first page. And you know why they got removed, however you play dumb and act the fool shows your true colors.

To intentionally delete what is perhaps the best selling system for this truck is not only an injustice to the readers, but it flies thru the grey area and into completely unacceptable given your position.

[SF] No for you to come into my thread and tell me what products to post on or remove from the front page is ludicrous. There is no grey area, this is an online forum where people are aloud to post their opinions. Just like I will be doing about you in a few minutes.

Is this an official Losi SCTE thread with information for the general user or a Viper marketing tool? The fact that you think you own an “official” Losi thread because you started it is arrogant and almost humorous. The fact that you try to use it against us is annoying. Have you considered that Losi might like our system because it makes their truck look good and thus far is one of the few systems that can handle this trucks weight. Prove your system gets it done and people will talk about it for you saving you all this sneaky marketing efforts.

[SF]There has been more posted in this thread about Tekin then any other system. Viper has only been active in the Losi thread when posting about a system for the SCTe, which is the Copperhead.

Not sure why you want this battle and we cannot just be friendly competitors. However considering our corner is stacked with proven products and a solid understanding of business ethics I am always happy to endulge.

[SF]I never started this, you did along with Randy two months ago when you wanted to attack me in the Viper thread when talking about FET's and heat dispersion over an honest mistake. I was recommending RX8's all day long but your attitude and Randy being the most pompous prick on the net made me remove your products. So my experiance with Tekin has been less then exciting and more on the "Tekin thinks they own everything" attitude when in reality, Viper is so far up on your doorstep you can't stand it. So you make up accusations and try and make a company look bad who is honestly trying to provide a better product and support.

Tekin Prez
Old 10-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I would guess Saladfork has figured out how to make a little money in this hobby, unlike most of the rest of us.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default enough is enough

I for one don't know anyone involved in the Viper/Tekin dispute, but I personally hope the mods start banning every single person who continues the drama.

This has always been a very helpful thread and it's a shame to see it come to this. So for the sake of those who enjoy and find this thread useful, lets get back on subject of the SCTE.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by StPete40
7/5/3 at the moment. Seems to be working pretty well. Proline Streetfighters for tires.
Thanks
Old 10-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I for one don't know anyone involved in the Viper/Tekin dispute, but I personally hope the mods start banning every single person who continues the drama.

This has always been a very helpful thread and it's a shame to see it come to this. So for the sake of those who enjoy and find this thread useful, lets get back on subject of the SCTE.

I agree, I had to respond. Nothing else needs to be said, if anyone has an issue with me, shoot me an email [email protected] as I had told Jim, twice before.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Inline...
It's good to finally have the whole story!!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well I've been following this thread now for about 10-12 wks, like you said a lot of great peeps and info here, but it comes with some drama sometimes. This isn't the first heated debate!!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Can we PLEASE get back to sharing good tips and set ups for the Losi 4x4 and quit the bickering back and forth. I think esc' are like cars. Some favor Losi some Associated. Some Tekin and some Novak and some others. I dont listen to personal reviews. I have had good luck with Novak and Tekin. BUT THATS ME. If this bickering keeps going on I will consider all usefull conversation on this model to be dead and I will just eliminate it from my choices. Chuck
Old 10-17-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

stop the crying.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.