Team Durango DEX410 4WD 1/10 Off-Road Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R-
How hot are you talking here????

motor and esc
oh forget it lol...it was crazy hot both were over 200. That was with a bigger pinion tho. Like a 22-23 I went down to a 18 and now the motor is at like 160 and esc at like 180...Id still like cooler temps. I havent tried the 19 pinion but that may be where the problem lies gear wise. Any suggestions? The timing advance on his setup is at 85...maybe going back to stndrd 80 advance may help.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Timing can def bring up the temps really quick. 160 on a motor I dont think is hot. Above 180 ill start looking at changing something. But the esc should be quite that hot. Do you still have plenty of speed when you geared down to the 18?

I am no expert on this car at all. I was just wondering what your idea of hot was.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

are you guys trying any other ball cups? the stock ones seem soft and are popping off pretty easy on me.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikey D.
are you guys trying any other ball cups? the stock ones seem soft and are popping off pretty easy on me.
The Losi grey cups with the AE TC5 short 8mm ballstuds.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
oh forget it lol...it was crazy hot both were over 200. That was with a bigger pinion tho. Like a 22-23 I went down to a 18 and now the motor is at like 160 and esc at like 180...Id still like cooler temps. I havent tried the 19 pinion but that may be where the problem lies gear wise. Any suggestions? The timing advance on his setup is at 85...maybe going back to stndrd 80 advance may help.
You really should not be using timing advance for anything under a 10.5, it's just not needed. And with gearing that high on a 6.5 w/ timing advance, that is definitely why it's running that hot. When I ran 13.5 in my cars with timing advance for the shootout, I geared it close to what I gear my regular 8.5 in my 2wd.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I RUN the lrp sxx tc with 7.5 ballistic with a 22pinion,14 mins comes off at 155-160 and speedo is 115 or so.. my alum braces are do in tommorow for the front i just ended up ordering from the durango website but shipping was fast tho lol... i ran this buggy this weekend and it was really good no breaks in pre practice and none thru 3 qualifiers and none in the main with those plastic butter braces not bad but finally during some practice after all the racing was over we ended up breaking the front outter lmao i think that will make the 5th one now lmao so glad my alum will be here tommorow it doesnt take much to fracture that front brace thats for sure good redence plastic front braces lol if u think about it there 10.00 dollars everytime u replace it yikes... anyways over all change the ball cups and upgrade the alum braces and this car is a very nice car
Old 09-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

where can i find a blank set up sheet and fill it out and post it on here?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikey D.
I like the white Losi heavy duty ball cups. They seem to last the longest and there's nothing worse than losing a race for a dumb reason like the ball cup popped off.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigBoyBigToy
I RUN the lrp sxx tc with 7.5 ballistic with a 22pinion,14 mins comes off at 155-160 and speedo is 115 or so.. my alum braces are do in tommorow for the front i just ended up ordering from the durango website but shipping was fast tho lol... i ran this buggy this weekend and it was really good no breaks in pre practice and none thru 3 qualifiers and none in the main with those plastic butter braces not bad but finally during some practice after all the racing was over we ended up breaking the front outter lmao i think that will make the 5th one now lmao so glad my alum will be here tommorow it doesnt take much to fracture that front brace thats for sure good redence plastic front braces lol if u think about it there 10.00 dollars everytime u replace it yikes... anyways over all change the ball cups and upgrade the alum braces and this car is a very nice car
John^^ has spent a lot of time with the car folks
Old 09-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigBoyBigToy
Good to hear, I made an order with three other people from my track from durango so my alum brace will be here this week(talked to hrp and they expect the next order of braces next week), broke another plastic one last week because there were some novices on the track, one guy driving standing on the track driving stops his car at the end of the straight to go marshal another car so I hit his car..didn't break right away but a lap or two later I landed the hip jump and it popped out...

Here is a blank set-up sheet:http://www.petitrc.com/setup/durango...SetupSheet.pdf
Old 09-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Konich
You know, a little white/pink/blue. I have a body painted for my RB5 that I want to match. I'll send you a pic so we can discuss how danger needs to go back to running losi's
Ha-ha! I do run Losi for 8th scale. Last year I had AE 1/10th scale. I just am not gonna run the Losi 4wd 10th scale buggy until it resembles the Losi 8ight. Much how the DEX410 is built like an 8th scale buggy . . .
Old 09-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grapejuice
You really should not be using timing advance for anything under a 10.5, it's just not needed. And with gearing that high on a 6.5 w/ timing advance, that is definitely why it's running that hot. When I ran 13.5 in my cars with timing advance for the shootout, I geared it close to what I gear my regular 8.5 in my 2wd.
Ya I can see...thats what u get for using some1's random setup lol. I was never a fan of copying motor setups from people as you never know what conditions they are ACTUALLY running them in.

There was still plenty of speed and all was well and it performed well but Im just going to set the timing back to stndrd settings and go from there. This motor is so quick I dont think it need any kind of extra boost/turbo/ or timing advance. Standrd setting for timing on the esc in at 80....should I go lower or leave it there, what do u guys think?
Old 09-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
Ya I can see...thats what u get for using some1's random setup lol. I was never a fan of copying motor setups from people as you never know what conditions they are ACTUALLY running them in.

There was still plenty of speed and all was well and it performed well but Im just going to set the timing back to stndrd settings and go from there. This motor is so quick I dont think it need any kind of extra boost/turbo/ or timing advance. Standrd setting for timing on the esc in at 80....should I go lower or leave it there, what do u guys think?
I really don't know much about the Tekin profiles but on my LRP SXX, I only run the number 2 power profile with my 7.5 and it plenty of power. Motors like a 6.5 don't need timing advance just do to the natural power of the motor.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Different motor handle timing different as well. Some motors like it and can really come alive. Other dont like it and just get hot.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

OH I WANTED TO post about tightening your rear wheels down make sure you dont over tighten or you will snap your pins i tightend mine b4 the first quali and heard a snap on both rear wheels i just thought maybe it was the wheel by the end of the night both pins were broke in half hmmmm how my car worked i still havent figured out lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.