Search
Like Tree3Likes

Duratrax Evader

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by kjt
^starmag...

I have the same issues. I just bought the truck last week. At first I couldn't adjust the throttle, it was reversed so I switched the motor wires. I was able to get fwd back and reverse, but there was a lag when I went fwd, and rev hooked up instantly.

Yesterday it kept shutting down, didn't know what the problem was, I wanted to smash the thing, but I later found a loose wire. I reversed my original wire configuration and wired it back to blue - blue, white - white. For some reason it works great. Fwd screams pretty good and rev has the lag. I don't know what happened?? But I'm happy with it. We'll see today if it stalls.

What motor can I upgrade to without going brushless and changing the tranny. Something that is borderline or should I just go brushless. This is all new to me, and I tried following this thread but kinda got lost with the upgrade procedure.

weird huh?! is there still the lag tho? and where was the loose wire, mine mght be in the same place i got my deans connectors on the way!

and does anyone know how to change the springs??

and to bump kjt's question cos i'm keen to know too

Originally Posted by kjt
What motor can I upgrade to without going brushless and changing the tranny. Something that is borderline or should I just go brushless. This is all new to me, and I tried following this thread but kinda got lost with the upgrade procedure.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi again,

Just bought some new pro-line front rims and some Losi wide rib buggy fronts for my evader bx. I need to pull the bearings out of my old duratrax front rims to use with the pro-lines; what's the best way to get them out?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Does anyone know what is a good gear ratio for a novak 4300? also what is the evaders internal ratio?

cheers
Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

internal ratio i 2.60:1
Old 04-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Firehawk 989

I usually use a small pick and a hammer to just tap them out. I f you try different angles they should come out. Getting the bearings back into the proline wheels can be done in a similar way, just tap them in. It might take a few goes to get them in right

Nic
Old 04-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Initiate

whenever i need to get bearing out of a proline rim, i use an antenna tube or even the 'red tube thing' that goes in a can of wd-40 or motor spray.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fast XXXS
Does anyone know what is a good gear ratio for a novak 4300? also what is the evaders internal ratio?

cheers
Per Novak >>> 10.5 / SS4300 (4,200kV) = 19-turn

Per Duratrax >>> 2.66:1

IF internal ratio was 2.60:1 the best Final Drive is 7.00

Seems close enough to me!

These work better with Lipo power!!!!

86x30
81x29
78x28

BL motors you gear high AND these are RACE gearing options.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default DTX Evader st pro

I have an evader st pro that i've had for a few years now. finally got it out again and been runnin it. it's all stock. it has the 15T motor on it but want to go brushless and a bit faster with it. I'm looking for some good suggestions on what needs to be done to make it brushless and faster.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by njmose1
I have an evader st pro that i've had for a few years now. finally got it out again and been runnin it. it's all stock. it has the 15T motor on it but want to go brushless and a bit faster with it. I'm looking for some good suggestions on what needs to be done to make it brushless and faster.
IF you race a 13.5 or 10.5 works well AND whatever brand your LHS has.

Some offer easy/quick plug-in instead of soldering wires to the motor.

Lipo battery, 5000 (7.4 volt) is the standard Again whatever your LHS has.

Some are hard wired, some have plug-in wires.

Lipo charger, IF it doesn't have a built-in balancer you don't want it!

===

Here is what I have in my T4

Speed Passion 13.5
Core_RC 3250 lipo
Core_RC UDC-20 charger

A side note about why I use the about.
Schumacher race cars office is just a few blocks from the track I race at, SO IF I have a problem with the above I can get my warranty stuff done at the track! Some of the R and D guys race their every Fri night. The one on one with the "factory" boys helps with tips and warranties!!!!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

i have a evader st non pro i want to put brushless in it but i have a 12t motor in it now and it seems like it wont be able to handle my 9t brushless
Old 05-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Tech Initiate

ok. so i pretty much need help. I recently bought an ext from some guys, and dropped a Mamba 5700 into it. i now know that i should upgrade the tranny lol. so.. suggestions? all i've heard so far is the b2 diff gear, and then a few ppl say i should get an aluminum idler.. anything else?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by joey123091
ok. so i pretty much need help. I recently bought an ext from some guys, and dropped a Mamba 5700 into it. i now know that i should upgrade the tranny lol. so.. suggestions? all i've heard so far is the b2 diff gear, and then a few ppl say i should get an aluminum idler.. anything else?
The ext is a cheap (sorry about that word) version of a ST!

No ball bearing anywhere, so you will need a ball bearing kit.

Ext has a gear diff so a B2/B3 gear won't fit.

Aluminum idler is about the only upgrade.

Remove the diff lube and fill about 2/3's with 3000 diff oil.

Double nut the slipper.

There is a compilation of info here http://www.t3t4webservice.com/Dur1.html
Old 05-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Initiate

so the only thing i can really do is to replace the idler? i'm looking to race with this truck, and really want to avoid transmission problems all the time.. but yea. :/
Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Everyone,

my daugher and I have been enjoying the heck out of our Evader EXT. we have had it a little more than a week now and many, many packs run through it. it is suiting us, umm, HER very well

however it is now time to do some maintenance. I have noticed that the sound from the drive train has changed. instead of a nice Whirr sound it has changed to a higher pitched whinny sound. the truck took some abuse over the past weekend and was even partially submerged in a "puddle". It has a new spur gear and I just got a bearing kit for it. so I guess i need to dive into the gearbox

so the question is what do I look for as far as wear when I tear it apart and what do I lube it with when I put it all back together?

oh, and I also have a Trinity co27 motor on the way for it too. so Id like to be on top of the gear train before I try running that.

thanks!!

Hubb
Old 05-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cheech4
someone was mentioning the EXT axle was giving problems. there is a fix to this. you can use the nitro evader CVD's on the EXT but the side of the out drive might need to be grinded down a bit, for those who are good at this can make it happen. Now for those who are not handy with a grinder, you can use the nitro evader axles and the associated T4 dogbones, this will work.
Hey guys!

RC nOOb here...

I just inherited a brand new in the box DuraTrax Evader EXB EP RTR.

Will the above rear axle mod work on the EXB like it does on the EXT???

My evader also came with the following:

Two additional sets of new stock wheels/tires
Duratrax Bearing Set Evader EXT (14) DTXC1096
Cow Performance Cleaner, Lube and Duster
Team Associated Diff Lube and Black Grease
Duratrax NiMH 7.2V 2000 Stk Pirahna DTXC1900
Duratrax NiMH 1500mAh Batt/AC Charger EXT DTXP4610
DuraTrax X-Large Field Bag

I guess it's not a bad starter kit for FREE

I'm gonna have to replace the bushings with those bearings.

My guess is that I should do the axle mod then to???

What else will I need to swap from bushings to bearings?

From reading quite a bit of this thread... The plans for this buggy will be to bash it, burn up the stock motor, tires and look to upgrade to a better motor, battery, etc.

Then maybe race it

Any suggestions?

Thanx,

RubiconNY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.