Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Duratrax Evader

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Initiate

ok guys. so i found out that i actually have an st. i don't know if its pro or not, but yea. i have the mamba 5700 kv in it, and have rebuilt the tranny with a new diff gear, new idler, and new slipper pads. still, the truck slips way too much.. i have tightened the diff all the way down, pecked it with lube, tightened the slipper all the way, but no improvements.. please help. i was at the hobby shop, and the associated diff gear did not fit.. maybe it was a b4 one.. i dont know.. any help is appreciated.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joey123091
ok guys. so i found out that i actually have an st. i don't know if its pro or not, but yea. i have the mamba 5700 kv in it, and have rebuilt the tranny with a new diff gear, new idler, and new slipper pads. still, the truck slips way too much.. i have tightened the diff all the way down, pecked it with lube, tightened the slipper all the way, but no improvements.. please help. i was at the hobby shop, and the associated diff gear did not fit.. maybe it was a b4 one.. i dont know.. any help is appreciated.
The Pro has a alm rear a-arm mount plate.

"i have tightened the diff all the way down" << wrong you need to loosen it 1/8 of a turn.

"pecked it with lube" << wrong IF its a ball diff, you need just enough to fill the ball holes, put ball into diff gear and put that same amount on to the balls, same side you put the ball in from.

IF it's a gear diff fill it 2/3 with 3000 gear lube.

Associated B3/T3 slipper pad is a better one.

Check the washers the one closes to the slipper may have hung on the shaft.

Check the order of washers and spring (check with the manual).

Last did the drive pins fall out (axle) or spin in the rims.

===

Last if the slipper, slips more than 1 and 1/2 to 2 RC truck lengths, it's to much.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

my vote for diff lube if its a gear diff is 10,000 weight. Especially for higher output motors.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Initiate

alrighty.. sorry to bother you guys again.. i have solved the problem with the slip.. kinda. i found the right place for the diff tightening.. but the screw keeps backing out. i can go in and tighten it down to the right spot, and for the first minute or so of running, its perfect. after that however, the screw seems to back out, and i have to tighten it again. :/ i considered loc-tite.. but i dunno how good of an idea that is seeing as its running through the diff. :/
Old 05-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

alrighty.. sorry to bother you guys again.. i have solved the problem with the slip.. kinda. i found the right place for the diff tightening.. but the screw keeps backing out. i can go in and tighten it down to the right spot, and for the first minute or so of running, its perfect. after that however, the screw seems to back out, and i have to tighten it again. :/ i considered loc-tite.. but i dunno how good of an idea that is seeing as its running through the diff. :/
If you are adjusting it from the left side of the truck you have the diff in wrong.

The bolt head should be on the same side as the slipper.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i just recieved an evader st pro in a trade earlier this week and im looking to race it, and i was wondering a few things about it.

1) What different classes would i be able to race with it?
2) Would I need anything else for it to be race ready? (it is stock)
3) Does a pro-line crowd pleaser body fit these?
4) When I do go brushless whats the racing classes?
5) which batteries are better for racing? (NiCad or NiMh)

i will post pics of it tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nick84
i just recieved an evader st pro in a trade earlier this week and im looking to race it, and i was wondering a few things about it.

1) What different classes would i be able to race with it? Eletric stadium truck
2) Would I need anything else for it to be race ready? (it is stock) better tires front and rear, check out what the fast guys are using AND a race level CO27 motor
3) Does a pro-line crowd pleaser body fit these? IF you can find one for a Losi XXT or Losi XXX NT or Losi MF2
4) When I do go brushless whats the racing classes? depends on the track, most likely mod <<< IF they offer stock and mod
5) which batteries are better for racing? (NiCad or NiMh) LIPO!!!!!!!! untill you get a lipo, then NiMH <<< the bigger the better!!!!

i will post pics of it tomorrow.
Here is a link(s) to a compulation of Evader upgrades, the 2nd pages has some race setups.

http://www.t3t4webservice.com/Dur1.html

http://www.t3t4webservice.com/Dur1S.html
Old 05-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Initiate

im adjusting from the slipper side. it just wont catch. no matter how much i tighten the diff. :/ i backed off the 1/8th turn and everything..
Old 05-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

im adjusting from the slipper side. it just wont catch. no matter how much i tighten the diff. :/ i backed off the 1/8th turn and everything..
is the nut in place on the other side, is the spring in right? I had the nut fall out once, drove me nuts until I seen it on the floor!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I was experiencing the same problems with my Evader ball diffs. I would rebuild them, polish the pads, scuff the pads, little lube, lots of lube. Nothing worked for more then a pack or two for me either. I didn't really want to try the T4 route as I'm trying to keep a budget in mind here for a mod truck class.
My solution was to replace the ball diff with the EXT gear diff. I figure some heavy oil or thick grease might do the trick for limiting the diff action a bit. Haven't gotten em in yet, but I'll take little to no maintenence in the tranny over a little extra corner speed.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tmail55
Here is a link(s) to a compulation of Evader upgrades...
Will the axle upgrades listed on that page work on an EXB???

Thanx,

RubiconNY
Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

another question if i bought an brushed/brushless esc with lipo cut- off would i still be able to use a brushed motor with lipo till i could buy an brushless motor?

sorry for all the questions but this is my first offroad electric truck, i have had nitro most of my life.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nick84
another question if i bought an brushed/brushless esc with lipo cut- off would i still be able to use a brushed motor with lipo till i could buy an brushless motor?

sorry for all the questions but this is my first offroad electric truck, i have had nitro most of my life.
So long as the ESC you choose is capable of running a brushed motor, you'll be fine.
What are you planning on doing with it? Race, Bash....a little of both?
Old 05-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
So long as the ESC you choose is capable of running a brushed motor, you'll be fine.
What are you planning on doing with it? Race, Bash....a little of both?
thats why i said getting a brushed/brushless esc.

raceing and practicing.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Initiate

does anybody know anything about HGI Components? I was reading a forum.. and several people mentioned them making a steel diff gear for the b2.. which would fit in an evader.. so i looked them up, but found nothing.. I would love to buy a steel diff, but cant find their website anywhere. :/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.