Tekin RS ESC sensored

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Tech Master

so everyone is giving fdr's but a tamiya could be different then a xray with tehe same fdr? as you could have a different DTR? (so pretty useless when people only tell there fdr's)
Old 10-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
so everyone is giving fdr's but a tamiya could be different then a xray with tehe same fdr? as you could have a different DTR? (so pretty useless when people only tell there fdr's)
When every body is using the same tires the FDR is for all tc cars the same.

The internal ratio is different but with an other spur gear and Pinion you get the same.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

yeah but no one is giving there internal ratio's when they put there setup here?

edit:

apparantly the FDR that people put on here is not FDR but the PDR and as described before the DTR can be different from car to car? Making the FDR not correct from car to car when only looking at the spur and pinion

Last edited by 2wdrive; 10-02-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm not trying to tease. I do want everyone to know that we're still working at improving that is already quite good.

We're working on making some things more simple with better performance.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

no... FDR is FDR, it doesn't matter what chassis you are driving, as long as you are running the same tire.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

yeah but it seems that some are using the spur/pinion as FDR? which doesn't take the internal ration into account.

Or am i mistaken and everybody takes the internal ratio into account and not only spur/pinion.

Sorry don't want to make a fuss about nothing but i want to be sure the FDR is the FDR and not the PDR otherwise a comparisson is useless
Old 10-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Regional Moderator

yeah but it seems that some are using the spur/pinion as FDR? which doesn't take the internal ration into account.
Spur/pinion is the PDR. FDR is the PDR multiplied by the DTR.

So, you take the published FDR, divide it by your car's DTR, and that tells you what your PDR should be.

You could use rollout like the foam tire guys use, but since the rubber tires are all assumed to be the same diameter, the rubber tire guys use FDR.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:23 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
I'm not trying to tease. I do want everyone to know that we're still working at improving that is already quite good.

We're working on making some things more simple with better performance.
Hey Randy,

Now I have done remappings in the past on real ECU's for cars, and some real tuning work. Looking at how that is handled, is there any chance we could get an editor for the ESC's that would let us build an arc or some sort of plot/graph where we could tune how timing advance is applied in what kind of curve at what load/RPM? I know that kind of thing is way over some peoples heads or what they want... but a simple interface, and the ability to change the timing curve would be pretty cool.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Hey Joe,

Thanks for explaining. But i want to make sure the FDR is what people use when they put on there FDR here because sometimes i have the feeling that they just put on the spur/pinion as FDR (but would be PDR). That is only my concern lol. The rest i understand fully.

Anyway.... on topic

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Spur/pinion is the PDR. FDR is the PDR multiplied by the DTR.

So, you take the published FDR, divide it by your car's DTR, and that tells you what your PDR should be.

You could use rollout like the foam tire guys use, but since the rubber tires are all assumed to be the same diameter, the rubber tire guys use FDR.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Clegg
Hey Randy,

Now I have done remappings in the past on real ECU's for cars, and some real tuning work. Looking at how that is handled, is there any chance we could get an editor for the ESC's that would let us build an arc or some sort of plot/graph where we could tune how timing advance is applied in what kind of curve at what load/RPM? I know that kind of thing is way over some peoples heads or what they want... but a simple interface, and the ability to change the timing curve would be pretty cool.
The Castle Creations Mamba ESCs have something like that already (at least for a throttle/brake curve).

What I'd like is a real installer so that you don't have to uninstall each time a new rev comes out. Something like Installshield isn't that expensive.

How about a way to save/load the current settings to/from a simple text file. You could then create several config files at home and load them quickly at the track. Then people could post their "setups" easily.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
Hey Randy,

yea this would be HOT ---- always willing to test we have 7 rs running on a 2 week schedule and 3 to 4 testing weekly in 1/12 and VTA(3.7 volt and 17.5) check us out MMR direct in minnesota
Old 10-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

how big are touring car tires in mm?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Regional Moderator

how big are touring car tires in mm?
Most rubber tires have a diameter of 63 mm (2.480 inches).
Old 10-02-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Master

thanks!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anybody?! Maybe I bought an expensive paperweight....?

Originally Posted by Lost Aggresiva
Ok, maybe somebody here can help me out. I'm having a bit of problem with my RS. I downloaded and installed the 3.25 hotwire software from the tekin website. When I try running the program, I get a little red screen telling me it cannot connect with the database and I need the lastest version. I thought I did have it. What am I doing wrong here.

Bill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.