Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hanulec
What is the maximum temp as shown on the LEDs an RS should be run to? I've been seeing 4 or 5 bars on the temp meter in 13.5t/2s rubber tire touring car.

I'm trying to determine what is the optimal location and positioning for ESC cooling. On my XRay T2 08/09 I had been running the RS right next to the motor, laying flat with the gold posts facing towards the inside of the car. I've been running 13.5t motors mostly -- and haven't had any known overheating problems yet. I'm just trying to get this placed as ideal as possible.

This weekend I swapped the location of my ESC and receiver (futaba) but didn't notice any temp change really. Would spinning the RS 180 degrees so the posts are towards the outside of the chassis help?

thanks.
This weekend I ran my RS in 13.5 at our local national, it never went over 2 LED's even after some 8-9 minute practice runs. I've mounted the RS with the posts facing away from the center of the car.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Uziman
Does anyone see anything wrong with placing some heatshrink over the soldered part of the wire which attaches to the posts?
I'm not talking about all the way down, i know they are used as a heatsink. Just over the solder and the bare copper wire part.

Cheers
I have heatshrink on the exposed wire only above the solder posts and havent had any heat issues.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen10
Jared get the software and share it with your fellow Losi driver.
As soon as Tekin releases it; I'll have it at the shop and will help everyone get their controller setup. Meanwhile the v198 is still showing strong results and I can help you get your new controller setup on that version. Plan on putting some track time in because every brushless motor has it's own little sweet spot but once we find it it's worth the homework.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default PM

Originally Posted by hanulec
What is the maximum temp as shown on the LEDs an RS should be run to? I've been seeing 4 or 5 bars on the temp meter in 13.5t/2s rubber tire touring car.

I'm trying to determine what is the optimal location and positioning for ESC cooling. On my XRay T2 08/09 I had been running the RS right next to the motor, laying flat with the gold posts facing towards the inside of the car. I've been running 13.5t motors mostly -- and haven't had any known overheating problems yet. I'm just trying to get this placed as ideal as possible.

This weekend I swapped the location of my ESC and receiver (futaba) but didn't notice any temp change really. Would spinning the RS 180 degrees so the posts are towards the outside of the chassis help?

thanks.
You have a PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Turbo question

This past weekend i saw someone running the v199 version and it was super fast for a minute or two and then the turbo would stop working? After a 6 minute run the car was pulled off and no turbo. After about 30 seconds or so it started working again? Is this one of the bugs?

Last edited by nitrobeast; 08-10-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'm done with the 198 software! No matter how I gear it on my DOU 17.5 it's always gets hotter that 180 degrees. So I tried the previous software (194?) geared it around 4.5, 0 on the motor and 20 boost and to my suprise it ran faster in the in field and faster in the straight. Also temps were around 150-160.

Has anyone else tried this and had success like I did?
Old 08-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
This past weekend i saw someone running the v199 version and it was super fast for a minute or two and then the turbo would stop working? After a 6 minute run the car was pulled of and no turbo. After about 30 seconds or so it started working again? Is this one of the bugs?
I've seen that as well.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrobeast
This past weekend i saw someone running the v199 version and it was super fast for a minute or two and then the turbo would stop working? After a 6 minute run the car was pulled of and no turbo. After about 30 seconds or so it started working again? Is this one of the bugs?
Radio wasnt set correctly for 199 probally,Some radios needed some ajustments..199 needed to be set with radio high point at 90-100 and then set radio and speedo together. Then when complete turn radio +10 % to 100-110....That should solve that...
Old 08-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zake540
I'm done with the 198 software! No matter how I gear it on my DOU 17.5 it's always gets hotter that 180 degrees. So I tried the previous software (194?) geared it around 4.5, 0 on the motor and 20 boost and to my suprise it ran faster in the in field and faster in the straight. Also temps were around 150-160.

Has anyone else tried this and had success like I did?
I have not tried this, but I am still running 189 in my 10.5 235 pan car. Had some conversations with Randy and decided to leave it there until 200 is up and working. Key is "What ever it takes to make it faster"
Old 08-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is the exact reason why 199 was NEVER released to the public. All the poeple that wound up with it can't manage to get it work properly because the "buddy" that hooked them up did them a disservice not telling them how to use it properly.

This is why I said NO to everyone that asked for it, sorry.

200 is on the horizon. It does not have this issue at all...

If your Duo is overheating double check your settings, there isn't a strong enough difference from 194 to 198 to cause the overheat. I'm betting that you're just off a tooth or two in your setup and simply just on the verge of the "sweet" spot of that motor.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
This is the exact reason why 199 was NEVER released to the public. All the poeple that wound up with it can't manage to get it work properly because the "buddy" that hooked them up did them a disservice not telling them how to use it properly.

This is why I said NO to everyone that asked for it, sorry.

200 is on the horizon. It does not have this issue at all...

If your Duo is overheating double check your settings, there isn't a strong enough difference from 194 to 198 to cause the overheat. I'm betting that you're just off a tooth or two in your setup and simply just on the verge of the "sweet" spot of that motor.
Hey Randy,

Is 199 specifically tied to the DUO motors? My Redline 17.5 is loving it a lot. My most hottest run I got was 114*F. However, I am geared for bottom end instead of top end, because of how tight our track setup is.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4james
I face the posts towards the servo and put a small ESC type fan onto the chassis between the servo and ESC blowing over the posts.

If you have a search using the search function on this thread Randy and others have mentioned this tip and have also put photos of it.
thx - I tried rctech search but it sucks - it has huge data holes. next time I'll use google.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Hi randy

http://rcevilempire.com/2009/08/rcee...of-team-tekin/
Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryN
Hey Randy,

Is 199 specifically tied to the DUO motors? My Redline 17.5 is loving it a lot. My most hottest run I got was 114*F. However, I am geared for bottom end instead of top end, because of how tight our track setup is.
Harry..

Im not Randy, But 199/200 is for any motor brand. All software is usefull for all winds/brands.

I actuall ran your local tracl last week. Had a great time in Maryland. My motors were coming off at 160-170* temps with 194 software and about same with new software after 6 minutes. I was geared low to mid 4 range for ratio for both softwares. Ill be back up there in a few weeks again, If you have any questions feel free to stop over.....
Old 08-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Harry..

Im not Randy, But 199/200 is for any motor brand. All software is usefull for all winds/brands.

I actuall ran your local tracl last week. Had a great time in Maryland. My motors were coming off at 160-170* temps with 194 software and about same with new software after 6 minutes. I was geared low to mid 4 range for ratio for both softwares. Ill be back up there in a few weeks again, If you have any questions feel free to stop over.....
Oh man, when did you come on by?? I was there all week at night getting my ABC car setup and dialed.

One person is waiting for version 200 to come out. Would you happen to have the latest software? From what he told me, the turbo adjustment on the new version is amazing.

I have version 199 right now and I think it is doing very well. My motor is blazing fast and stays cool. There were a few guys at the track yesterday that can attest to my car's performance. However, one issue I am having is every time I load hotwire, it says that some of my settings are beyond my current ESC settings and that my ESC may not be compatible. Is this a false positive? Because my motor and ESC are not overheating at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.