Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lost Aggresiva
Anybody?! Maybe I bought an expensive paperweight....?
contact team tekin. they can help you.
never seen this.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:59 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
The Castle Creations Mamba ESCs have something like that already (at least for a throttle/brake curve).

What I'd like is a real installer so that you don't have to uninstall each time a new rev comes out. Something like Installshield isn't that expensive.

How about a way to save/load the current settings to/from a simple text file. You could then create several config files at home and load them quickly at the track. Then people could post their "setups" easily.
I concur on the installer!

the whole curve/map is more than just a throttle expoential or something, its more of tuning the motor and ESC to determine based on load (which is normally a factor of % of throttle vs RPM) where in the power band the motor is and based on that and current acceleration set the optimal timing. That optimal timing is different from motor to motor, car to car, driver to driver, which is why I think it would be pretty great to have the ability to do that curve by hand as an option.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Did you install MDAC 2.8 prior to installing the HotWire software? If it's not installed, you'll run into trouble getting the HotWire to work. Tekin has a troubleshooting page on their website - navigate to the following URL, and click on the Installation Help/Instructions link.

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html

If I'm not mistaken, MDAC 2.8 can be installed using the CD included with the ESC...
Old 10-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Vista or Xp?

Clegg: My backrgound before working full time at Tekin was in automotive. I know exactly what you're talking about....that's all I can say, for now.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Clegg

the whole curve/map is more than just a throttle expoential or something, its more of tuning the motor and ESC to determine based on load (which is normally a factor of % of throttle vs RPM) where in the power band the motor is and based on that and current acceleration set the optimal timing. That optimal timing is different from motor to motor, car to car, driver to driver, which is why I think it would be pretty great to have the ability to do that curve by hand as an option.
Like a distributor with vacuum and mechanical advance?
Amazing that things we used to do to internal combustion hotrods sort of carried over to our toy electric racecars huh?

How about something that senses acceleration rate and pulls out throttle when a max setting is exceeded? Really, its NOT a drivers aid....
Just trying to save those mah...
Old 10-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Vista or Xp?

Clegg: My backrgound before working full time at Tekin was in automotive. I know exactly what you're talking about....that's all I can say, for now.
Well get on with it already!...

Can't stand having the 2nd best for now....
Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Team Tekin

Trust me when this whole brushless thing was coming out I started laughing at the sensors being used for it all.

Yeah the technology is going to come full circle. These cars really can/are small scale wonders...time will tell what move(s) we're making next.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trust me when this whole brushless thing was coming out I started laughing at the sensors being used for it all.

Yeah the technology is going to come full circle. These cars really can/are small scale wonders...time will tell what move(s) we're making next.

I want to drive a tekin powered beast to work.
How's that for full circle?
Old 10-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
thanks!
Go to www.gearchart.com I'm reading the explainations given to you already and you're over thinking things. So before someone flames you for not accepting the answers already given try this out.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

thanks, i fully understand what they told me about FDR
Old 10-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Clegg

Clegg, you've got it just right! And about the installer too. (I could say a few more things about the implementation of the software but I try to keep my job out of it, this is my hobby!)

What you've described is exactly how I think the Advanced Electronics speedo is working. The KO tries to do some of this too but it's only done on throttle position. I've seen the programming interface for the GM and gave up trying to understand it after 5 seconds! I'd expect the KO method on throttle only to not be much use in something like 17.5 12th scale when full throttle is use for a large part of the lap! Not sure about some of the others. It does vary a great amount between classes of car/driver/motor as well. A good example is the variable timing profiles (not adjustable) on the Nosram/LRP stock spec are great for TC but practically useless for 12th scale.

I think the biggest challenge, besides trying to get the throttle/rpm/power/torque/timing balancing right, is to make the adjustment of all this accessible to the average user without them getting completely lost or blowing their speedo or motor. Now that is a challenge.

Trev
Old 10-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

mine did that.. i treated it like i ws going to allow it to upgrade, and it was fine ever since..
Old 10-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Vista or Xp?
XP. I checked that all the drivers were up to date, and they are. I'm probably doing something wrong. Just frustrating figuring out what it is.....

Bill.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

XP. I checked that all the drivers were up to date, and they are. I'm probably doing something wrong. Just frustrating figuring out what it is.....

Bill.
I would delete the app and reinstall from HERE, my friend had the same problem as he istalled the file from the disk first then tried to update with the latest from the website and it didn't work. Once he did this it was smooth sailing from there. I installed last night with no issues from the same location so good luck.

Sean
Old 10-02-2009, 03:35 PM
Team Tekin

Make sure to follow these steps:

Go to control panel and "uninstall" the current Hotiwre.
Restart the computer
Open up and install the new software by running the "setup.exe" file.

I've also been getting calls from people trying to use a "shortcut" to the file which will NOT work guys...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.