Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me

I'm VERY interested to see how this new update performs against certain new competition.
I'm interested too. Imho this new version better be a home run, first swing, there's just to much stuff coming or already out there that works ..... but I'm sure Randy and company already know this .... I have an RS Pro so I care.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
hay thanks. yes i know tim. he is the one who helped me with the setup. my car doesnt feel as fast as everybody says their car is, but my motor has some miles on it. i did order another motor, hopefuly ill fell the power when i get it. thanks
which track? and what is your motor temp when it comes off the track. also are you running any push control? the higher you gear, the more push you will use. basically it take more push to keep the motor roll through the corners. also what car are you running? some of it maybe setup. we have a low to mid traction track and I am running quite a bit of caster. I run almost 8 caster to get the car to roll faster in the corner and therefore more speed on the straights.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

question for you guys. I installed the Tekin 4.5 in my tc5r and i thought i had it programmed correct but when i put it down on the track it was as slow as a stock motor....something dont seem right....
I did how the instructions say, turn on remote, turn on switch on car, listen for beep to find neutral after chime, pull full throttle, wait for chime, push full brake, wait for chime....remote was set to full throttle and brake from beginning. any ideas??
Old 12-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by insaneracin2003
question for you guys. I installed the Tekin 4.5 in my tc5r and i thought i had it programmed correct but when i put it down on the track it was as slow as a stock motor....something dont seem right....
I did how the instructions say, turn on remote, turn on switch on car, listen for beep to find neutral after chime, pull full throttle, wait for chime, push full brake, wait for chime....remote was set to full throttle and brake from beginning. any ideas??
After you turn the Esc on press the mode button and hold for about 3 seconds or untill you here a series of beeps and release, listen for the steady beep beep beep, then you'll hear another series of beeps, pull full throttle, you'll hear beep beep beep then another series of beeps, then full brake you'll hear beep beep beep then a series followed buy another series then the 1st led on the esc only will be lit, pull full throttle and all leds should flash, if they are not it is not at full throttle.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Do you have all Throttle profiles on your radio on 100%?
Did you update your speedo and did you reset it after updating and recalibrate it with your radio?
Check your EPA settings.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

When you pull full throttle do the led's on the speedo flash?
Old 12-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks everyone for the input, i got it figured out....I actually didnt have my remote set at 100%. I thought I did but nope....lol...good lord is this thing fasssssssssst....sheesh....i have it all programmed ie; vc, linear throttle v. all the settings are very nice with this speedo...awsome job Tekin......this is my first elec set up since 2003. man how things have changed.....
Thanks for all the help.....
does anyone have a part number for the hot wire for the computer?
thanks in advance...
Old 12-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Randy, i see in your sig the Tekin set-up...very handy, i added it to my favorites...Thanks
Old 12-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mikky32
How big is the track?
I used the same setup with a 10,5T I used 0,2 to 0,3 Turbo delay and a gearing of 7,3FDR.
It's on a small track.

The most motors with fixed timing are around the 12.

To get some more speed you can higher your Boost as you keep the Turbo delay at 0,6.
When you lower your Turbo delay to 0,2 you get the Turbo earlier.
If you than come top speed to short, Higher the Boost a bit to around the 12 to 15 and higher the Turbo delay to 0,4 to 0,5.

You can also gear a bit lighter and ad some Boost and set your turbo delay to 0,4.
I'm really not too sure about the size but it seems to be around 30+ metres for the straightaway.

So in other words I should not gear any heavier in your opinion? Instead I should use timing to help increase my RPM?

One thing I'm curious about is how much difference does a 0.1sec change in delay make? Cos 0.1 seconds seems like an awfully short amount of time for a human being to be able to detect. Haha.

Thanks for your help mikky.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

So... Just wired up my new Tekin RS that I had shipped priority shipping so I could race this weekend. Got her all mounted.. Transmitter programmed and that is when I started smelling that wonderful electrical smell... the I'm just about to burn up smell!!! DOA out of the box... And I paid extra for faster shipping. This sucks! Now do I have to pay for shipping back to Tekin? I just got the thing. And yes everything is wired beautifully.. Been doing this for over 15 years.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
So... Just wired up my new Tekin RS that I had shipped priority shipping so I could race this weekend. Got her all mounted.. Transmitter programmed and that is when I started smelling that wonderful electrical smell... the I'm just about to burn up smell!!! DOA out of the box... And I paid extra for faster shipping. This sucks! Now do I have to pay for shipping back to Tekin? I just got the thing. And yes everything is wired beautifully.. Been doing this for over 15 years.

You'll probably get more help contacting Tekin directly, IMHO.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
You'll probably get more help contacting Tekin directly, IMHO.
Nice defense, already did though. Thanks. I do like their stuff, just frustrated and bummed out.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
which track? and what is your motor temp when it comes off the track. also are you running any push control? the higher you gear, the more push you will use. basically it take more push to keep the motor roll through the corners. also what car are you running? some of it maybe setup. we have a low to mid traction track and I am running quite a bit of caster. I run almost 8 caster to get the car to roll faster in the corner and therefore more speed on the straights.
im running at a small track with a 7.4 sec tq time. small straight. i am not using push. im running a speed merchant 4.5. ill try to add push. thanks
Old 12-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Furman
Nice defense, already did though. Thanks. I do like their stuff, just frustrated and bummed out.

Did you manage to get ahold of one of us?
Old 12-19-2009, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Did you manage to get ahold of one of us?
Hi Randy What should i do about that switch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.