Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Last edited by Josh Keller; 12-19-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Keller
Hey Guys,

A just encountered a problem with my Tekin Hotwire. I went to hook it up to my MacBook (I'm running XP) and the Hotwire "adjustment" screen will not open. I hooked up the RS Pro to the Hotwire, then the Hotwire to the USB cable and nothing. I've tried every different way to connect it, and still the screen will not show up.

I uninstalled the Hotwire program from my MacBook and then reinstalled the latest version (200v), but that did not work either. The one time the screen did show up, it closed in about five seconds. It stated that the ESC was not connected and Hotwire was closing. After that, I can click on the icon again, and it just goes through the connecting procedure.

It has worked flawlessly until now.

My Hotwire is getting power (Green LEDs are on) and the RS Pro is getting power as well.

Any advice, before I call Tekin tomorrow?

Thanks,

Josh
Have you changed from your usual usb to mini usb cable? The plug on the hotwire is a tight fit and the power tabs in the usb could still be making contact but not the data+ and data- tabs.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

none of you guys can help me ?
Old 12-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
none of you guys can help me ?
whats your ?
Old 12-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

i talked to someone from tekin and he told me to work with the timing boost and watch the motor temps and to drop a couple of teeth on the pinion. a guy at my track said he knows a good 1/12 setup which was leave the timing @ normal and turn up the turbo so i don't loose torque in the infield, remember this is on a 17.5 with single cell lipo. my car seem to be fast, but if i can get a better setup id love it. any other advice ?
Old 12-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Keller
Hey Guys,

A just encountered a problem with my Tekin Hotwire. I went to hook it up to my MacBook (I'm running XP) and the Hotwire "adjustment" screen will not open. I hooked up the RS Pro to the Hotwire, then the Hotwire to the USB cable and nothing. I've tried every different way to connect it, and still the screen will not show up.

I uninstalled the Hotwire program from my MacBook and then reinstalled the latest version (200v), but that did not work either. The one time the screen did show up, it closed in about five seconds. It stated that the ESC was not connected and Hotwire was closing. After that, I can click on the icon again, and it just goes through the connecting procedure.

It has worked flawlessly until now.

My Hotwire is getting power (Green LEDs are on) and the RS Pro is getting power as well.

Any advice, before I call Tekin tomorrow?

Thanks,

Josh
i had a similar problem last weekend. plugging and unplugging the speedo connection at the rx, I think the pins just wore out. I cut the end off and recrimped new connections and a new jacket on my rx wire and all is good now
Old 12-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i talked to someone from tekin and he told me to work with the timing boost and watch the motor temps and to drop a couple of teeth on the pinion. a guy at my track said he knows a good 1/12 setup which was leave the timing @ normal and turn up the turbo so i don't loose torque in the infield, remember this is on a 17.5 with single cell lipo. my car seem to be fast, but if i can get a better setup id love it. any other advice ?
i don't follow the whole tekin camp of running alot of timing. I like to gear my car with very little if any timing. once I am happy that I have the right gearing for the infield, I then start working on timing boost and turbo. my current setup has very little timing boost 5-8 and then run a lot of turbo. usually max. i generall have no timing in the motor either. I am usually geared 10-15mm higher then the other tekin drivers, but am never down on power out of the corner or down the straight.

I see you are in norcal. you race with tim c, od, and ashby. they are all great guys and know the tekin speedo. i know they may not run the tekin, but they know the tracks. tim is usually in the top half of the fast guys out there.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:44 AM
Tech Adept

I thnik your advice from Tekin and from Yang Lai "THEISGroup" is spot on from what I've seen. I followed suggestions from both of these sources and they know what they are talking about. The truth is that there are a variety of setups that work well and you have to fit one to your driving style.

I've been experimenting for a couple of months now and found my best setup is based on using 0 motor timing and a higher Rollout, exactly like Yang suggested. A large flowing layout may better use a higher timing setup and rely on Turbo, but anything needing acceleration out of tight corners looks to do better taking advantage of the torque from Yang's recommendations.

Aaron
Old 12-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Confused about what to do

Hope someone can help me with this....

I am currently running a 11.5T with a fixed endbell. Boost is 8 and turbo is max with 0.5 to 0.6 sec delay. FDR is about 6.2 and on a touring car.

Problem is that the turbo seems to kick in very late such that the motor is maxed out for a fair length of the straightaway before turbo kicks in and I've gotta brake. Infield power seems adequate though.

From reading earlier posts it seems that having to lower the delay a lot means one is going in the wrong direction? So in my case which of the following should I do:

1. Lower my FDR?
2. Increase Boost (is there a limit to how much boost a motor can take)?
3. Lower Delay?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear my confusion.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 259 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
It didn't work, we looked at it.

Looks like we've got 64bit working now. We need test some more systems and work on the the rest of it...it's close.
What about Mac support?
Old 12-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rraden
What about Mac support?
VirtualBox is free, and netbooks are cheap.

I'm VERY interested to see how this new update performs against certain new competition.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theisgroup
i don't follow the whole tekin camp of running alot of timing. I like to gear my car with very little if any timing. once I am happy that I have the right gearing for the infield, I then start working on timing boost and turbo. my current setup has very little timing boost 5-8 and then run a lot of turbo. usually max. i generall have no timing in the motor either. I am usually geared 10-15mm higher then the other tekin drivers, but am never down on power out of the corner or down the straight.

I see you are in norcal. you race with tim c, od, and ashby. they are all great guys and know the tekin speedo. i know they may not run the tekin, but they know the tracks. tim is usually in the top half of the fast guys out there.
hay thanks. yes i know tim. he is the one who helped me with the setup. my car doesnt feel as fast as everybody says their car is, but my motor has some miles on it. i did order another motor, hopefuly ill fell the power when i get it. thanks
Old 12-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VRacing
I thnik your advice from Tekin and from Yang Lai "THEISGroup" is spot on from what I've seen. I followed suggestions from both of these sources and they know what they are talking about. The truth is that there are a variety of setups that work well and you have to fit one to your driving style.

I've been experimenting for a couple of months now and found my best setup is based on using 0 motor timing and a higher Rollout, exactly like Yang suggested. A large flowing layout may better use a higher timing setup and rely on Turbo, but anything needing acceleration out of tight corners looks to do better taking advantage of the torque from Yang's recommendations.

Aaron
thanks for the reply. what was yangs recomendation ? ill go back and look for it.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by radwerx
Hope someone can help me with this....

I am currently running a 11.5T with a fixed endbell. Boost is 8 and turbo is max with 0.5 to 0.6 sec delay. FDR is about 6.2 and on a touring car.

Problem is that the turbo seems to kick in very late such that the motor is maxed out for a fair length of the straightaway before turbo kicks in and I've gotta brake. Infield power seems adequate though.

From reading earlier posts it seems that having to lower the delay a lot means one is going in the wrong direction? So in my case which of the following should I do:

1. Lower my FDR?
2. Increase Boost (is there a limit to how much boost a motor can take)?
3. Lower Delay?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear my confusion.
How big is the track?
I used the same setup with a 10,5T I used 0,2 to 0,3 Turbo delay and a gearing of 7,3FDR.
It's on a small track.

The most motors with fixed timing are around the 12.

To get some more speed you can higher your Boost as you keep the Turbo delay at 0,6.
When you lower your Turbo delay to 0,2 you get the Turbo earlier.
If you than come top speed to short, Higher the Boost a bit to around the 12 to 15 and higher the Turbo delay to 0,4 to 0,5.

You can also gear a bit lighter and ad some Boost and set your turbo delay to 0,4.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

hay thanks. yes i know tim. he is the one who helped me with the setup. my car doesnt feel as fast as everybody says their car is, but my motor has some miles on it. i did order another motor, hopefuly ill fell the power when i get it. thanks
An other rotor is enough. The magnets lose there power.
I got a new rotor for my LRP after it broke. It gave me back my power in that motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.