Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
other than the size and able to handle low turn there almost the same but there is no sensored mode for use with high turn which means no boost,turbo
What turn do you need to run?
Old 11-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt

I tried to find the post, but I don't have time right now. I could have sworn the RX8 is an RS in a bigger case with better cooling. That means it will do everything the RS will, just with better cooling and more weight.

I also recall people going to the RX8 in mod class because it was better at cooling.
The RX8 is based off the RS and is very similar. However, because it was designed for multi-pole high voltage motors the sensor only function is locked out in the software. Sensors are not as accurate with multiple poles/slots so sensored only is actually detrimental in 8th scale electrics. Thus to protect the uneducated public sensored only is not available on the rx8. I'm sure you could "jailbrake" it though...
Old 11-05-2009, 08:54 AM
F-1
Tech Regular

Yes, i need RS PRO. I live in Russia, and i cant buy it your local shop
Old 11-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The RX8 was tested in extreme mod TC using Lipos, 5 cell with motors down to a 2.5t.

It doesn't have the ability to go into sensored only mode which is fine since in MOD you're not going to want that. It works just fine as it shares programming with the RS line.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Does the amount of turbo affect the top speed or just how fast it gets to top speed? Also is there a limit to the amount of timing and turbo? I know motor and speedo timing should be kept around 30, but is there a relationship between timing and turbo as well? Thanks.
Randy???
Old 11-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Randy???
Turbo affects top speed...it does not provide extra acceleration to obtain your top speed quicker. The maximum on the Turbo slider is 20 degrees of timing.

The 30 degrees reference is a suggested maximum between motor timing and boost timing. Turbo is an addition of timing and is capped at 20 degrees maximum you can add.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Krio
Turbo affects top speed...it does not provide extra acceleration to obtain your top speed quicker. The maximum on the Turbo slider is 20 degrees of timing.

The 30 degrees reference is a suggested maximum between motor timing and boost timing. Turbo is an addition of timing and is capped at 20 degrees maximum you can add.
Thanks Krio. I'm going to keep adding turbo until I'm happy.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:19 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks Krio. I'm going to keep adding turbo until I'm happy.
Timing? Turbo? I heard a rumour that software developers hidden in secret locations are trying to code N2O (Nitrous Oxide) into a future release
Old 11-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey all.

I know this has probably been covered a zillion times on this forum.

When I punch the throttle on my rs pro the car stutters and then launches.
What am I doing wrong here?
Dave.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Hey all.

Dave.
Try a new sensor wire.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Yup try a new sensor wire...if that doesn't work then clean out the motor really good with motor spray. Sometimes dirt can get on the sensors and cause the same problem.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Yup try a new sensor wire...if that doesn't work then clean out the motor really good with motor spray. Sometimes dirt can get on the sensors and cause the same problem.
No...do NOT use motor spray on sensored motors. Compressed air is the best way to clean them out. Motor spray can damage the electronics in the motor.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Hey all.

Dave.
Try a new sensor wire.
Yup try a new sensor wire...
Remember that you can check the sensors via the last three LEDs on the ESC. Power everything up and turn the motor while watching the LEDs. They will light (dimly) as each of the three sensors is triggered. If one or more of them never flashes check/replace your sensor wire.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Krio
No...do NOT use motor spray on sensored motors. Compressed air is the best way to clean them out. Motor spray can damage the electronics in the motor.
Krio, if motor spray is isopropylic alcohol is it OK then to use it on the sensors? Isopropylic alcohol is sold as "electronics cleaner" under a lot of brands and it is especially for cleaning electronics (I have been using it for a long time with all my other speedies and all sorts of other electornics as well, without any problem) as it does not attack plastics and evaporates without residue.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by niznai
Krio, if motor spray is isopropylic alcohol is it OK then to use it on the sensors? Isopropylic alcohol is sold as "electronics cleaner" under a lot of brands and it is especially for cleaning electronics (I have been using it for a long time with all my other speedies and all sorts of other electornics as well, without any problem) as it does not attack plastics and evaporates without residue.
Isopropyl alcohol isn't a problem. The problem is that all the motor sprays that I've ever owned usually contained one or more of the following:
Hexane, Propane, Isopropanol, n-butane, and Isobutane. While plastic friendly for the most part, they are not ideal for electronics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.