Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Us "regular" drivers want our "Vegas 2.0" from Santa, or at least Randy. Team drivers have had it for about a week already.
really, and were all gettn eatn by the bd, and theres possibly sa worthy contendor out NOW?? That is lame...sxx stockspec is releasing in a couple weeks to...looks hopefully tekin's not runnin in the rear of the pack this season.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

obi wun. did you put throttle epa on 90% recalibrated the speedo to you transmitter and put epa to 100% again?
Old 12-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Default losing power

i placed it on 135 then calibrated it then went to 150
Old 12-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys, rest assured that everyone will have it soon. I will be testing the software over the xmas holiday(yes, really!).

I even have a 64bit version that so far has loaded on both my 64bit machines without issue!

Xmas is tomorrow and if all goes well the team will have it in their stockings(as long as they've been good little racers). THis is always the first step.

So after Xmas make sure to hit up your local Tekin team driver for the new software.

A week or so after that is when I start passing it out to the public.

Merry Xmas guys.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Guys, rest assured that everyone will have it soon. I will be testing the software over the xmas holiday(yes, really!).

I even have a 64bit version that so far has loaded on both my 64bit machines without issue!

Xmas is tomorrow and if all goes well the team will have it in their stockings(as long as they've been good little racers). THis is always the first step.

So after Xmas make sure to hit up your local Tekin team driver for the new software.

Merry Xmas guys.
Sweet!!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

so where's that list so we can register?
Old 12-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)
Default tekin

so Randy what can we expect out of the new version
Old 12-24-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Merry Xmas guys.
Great to hear Randy!

I'll try to be a good boy and wait nicely

Merry Xmas to you and all at Tekin too.

Trev
Old 12-24-2009, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Default losing power

Merry Xmas guys.
randy ..i need your help..my tekin rs is losing power after the first 4 or 5 laps...it runs very strong then after those laps it falls of to the tune of .6 to .7...what could it be..i have replaced battery, motor, and booster...do i have to do something special with the wiring...help me out..please...i also ran a 71 rollout on a 70 x 30 track motor is duo 2 with no timing

timing boost 3

turbo boost max

throttle profile 4

no drag brake...

v200 software...
obi wun is online now Forward Message
Old 12-24-2009, 03:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Randy - that is great news. It's a Christmas miracle! See everyone at the race track in 2010
Old 12-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by obi wun
randy ..i need your help..my tekin rs is losing power after the first 4 or 5 laps...it runs very strong then after those laps it falls of to the tune of .6 to .7...what could it be..i have replaced battery, motor, and booster...do i have to do something special with the wiring...help me out..please...i also ran a 71 rollout on a 70 x 30 track motor is duo 2 with no timing

timing boost 3

turbo boost max

throttle profile 4

no drag brake...

v200 software...
obi wun is online now Forward Message
This is one of two things. First off where is your vc set? Do you have the 1s check box set?

First test to try: Run with the booster on, RS Switch in the off position. What this does is turn off our voltage cut off control. If the car now has full power for the whole run you know either your VC is set wrong or there's something else wrong(like not running 200 software).

Next thing to verify, when the car slows bring it over to you and verify that while at full throttle the led's all FLASH!!! If they don't you need to try a radio recalibration.

Again: What radio? What receiver?
Old 12-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default losing power

Merry Xmas guys.
This is one of two things. First off where is your vc set? Do you have the 1s check box set?

First test to try: Run with the booster on, RS Switch in the off position. What this does is turn off our voltage cut off control. If the car now has full power for the whole run you know either your VC is set wrong or there's something else wrong(like not running 200 software).

Next thing to verify, when the car slows bring it over to you and verify that while at full throttle the led's all FLASH!!! If they don't you need to try a radio recalibration.

Again: What radio? What receiver?
spectrum dx3s and spectrum receiver..sr300
Old 12-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tellan
Its been mentioned to me about using push .

I race 1/12th pan car(Speedmerchant) i Primarily race 10.5 . Lipo 1S In the Uk push setting seems to be always off.

It has been explained to me as setting 90 is like having 10 clicks forward on throttle. It helps roll round corners faster . Does it mean when on the start line you have to excert brake before you roll off.

Does any one else use push and if so what setting and too what effect does it have on your run.
TIA
I run push in TC because it lets me run a very aggressive chassis setup, one that would usually be far too throttle sensitive to drive quickly. PUSH feels like the opposite of DRAG to me.

You do not have to apply the brake on the starting line. It just seems to add a bit of throttle on a time decay starting when you lift off entering a turn, but doesn't affect your neutral setting.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default losing power

i run with the speed control off and the booster on always..is that incorrect...
Old 12-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by obi wun
i run with the speed control off and the booster on always..is that incorrect...
i run in 12th scale both switches to "on" posistion. if you turn "on" the speedo and the booster "off" you will see the servo turn slow... keep car off the ground to check.. then turn "on" the booster and see how much faster the servo is. if there is no change then the booster is wired in wrong.. but as far as i know both must be "on"... randy will give the correct answer if i am wrong. jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.