Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fukuyama Batteries

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just picked up some high 1.16's to try and if I like them I'll definitely get some 1.17's. I want to try the 1.16's compared to a couple of other matchers and once I see what works best I will get my race packs. Reading these boards it definitely seems that Fukuyama makes a good product but I want to see what else is around as well. Just out of curiosity, how do you know what kind of run time you're getting for sure when you buy the higher 1.16's or 1.17's? I am curious, what are the new batch of cells you guys are talking about?
Thanks
Old 03-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PitCrew
SIXTY NINE DOLLARS!!!

GOOD LORD THATS ALOT OF MONEY!

I cant believe someone would have a negative comment on Fukuyamas prices. From the beginnig they were the lowest priced highest quality available. Has anyone else notices that since Fukuyama has kept thier prices down alot of other matchers seem to be lowering prices to compete?

Thanks alot Fukuyama.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry dude(s)
So what do I get for 69 dollars. How about you keep the shrink wrap. Maybe not put it in the box.

Guess you guys haven't heard the chris rock comedy stuff.....

No harm intended.

I cant believe someone would have a negative comment on Fukuyamas prices. From the beginnig they were the lowest priced highest quality available. Has anyone else notices that since Fukuyama has kept thier prices down alot of other matchers seem to be lowering prices to compete?

Thanks alot Fukuyama.

Acctually NO. I haven't noticed a decreas in prices. Not that Fuk are over priced, I just don't see them controling the market on prices.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PitCrew
Sorry dude(s)
So what do I get for 69 dollars. How about you keep the shrink wrap. Maybe not put it in the box.

Guess you guys haven't heard the chris rock comedy stuff.....

No harm intended.

Acctually NO. I haven't noticed a decreas in prices. Not that Fuk are over priced, I just don't see them controling the market on prices.
I can't believe my company and I are being bashed by you like this. I don't even recall you being a customer! This is not the first time you bash us. Please! I don't know what my company or I have done to upset you, but I certainly DO NOT appreciate this from you. You got a problem with me!? call me and we'll talk about it.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Maj Teeth: I don't think his comment was meant to be taken that seriously. Just a bit of light hearted humor.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

I don know about the rest of you guys, but after purchasing a few FUKUYAMA 1.17+ cells, i am waiting to get more.
The price is fair everywhere on the net. Its not the cheapest and cant be said the most expensive.
But if service come second after the price,FUKUYAMA will stand out as the best.

John had gave me lots of help the past few weeks.
Just my 0.02
Old 03-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
I can't believe my company and I are being bashed by you like this. I don't even recall you being a customer! This is not the first time you bash us. Please! I don't know what my company or I have done to upset you, but I certainly DO NOT appreciate this from you. You got a problem with me!? call me and we'll talk about it.
whats up dude, just got back, got 6th as you know and just wanted to say that my batteries were very good at this race. Let me tell you the way my car was working in the qualifier was very hard on the bats because it was lifting the tires and then comming back down when I was already full throtle, so there was a lot of amp draw. Very good power and run time, thanks for eveything and lets keep going forward.
se ya soon,Chris
Old 03-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Good job at the Nat's Chris. Way to represent.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Good job at the Nat's Chris. Way to represent.
thanks, Chris
Old 03-31-2004, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
Promatch is correct when they said 125 to 130 because they based the charge amps at 5 amps. For us, we recommend a slightly higher temp since the cells will heat up more when charged at 6 amps instead of 5. So indeed, both are accurate.

I normally temp the cells at the can and not at the top/solder joint. Remember that these GP3300 is capable of withstanding 200f when discharging but ideally, you want to stay below that. 170f to 180 f while discharging is optimum. This was tested at 30 amp discharge.

As for battery life, it really depends of how you take care of the batteries. DO NOT LEAVE IN COLD, DO NOT OVER CHARGE, DO NOT DEAD SHORT, DO NOT REVERSE POLARITY.

Dan
Hi Dan

Thanks for the answer. Promatch aint very specific about the charge rate, they recommend 5-6 amps, lower for runtime, higher for punch.

With my Sanyo 3000 HV, I've experinced that around 40-45 deg C (104-114 deg F), they are much less punchy. At 50-52 deg C (=122-126 deg F), they perform well. I have no experience with higher temperatures.

I see the point in charge rate versus temperature. I will charge at 6 amps, since I race in stock class. I could adjust the cut off sligthly lower to achieve a lower temperature.

So can you please enlight me about temperature versus performance? Even though they seem to resist high temperatures quite good, I would like to go lower to not stress them more than nessecary.

Thanks

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 03-31-2004 at 01:24 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Best charger for Fuku

I have been using Fuku for the last 6 months now and is very happy. Looking to upgrade my CDC V6 charger to a CDR-5000 or GFX. Which would be the best?
Old 03-31-2004, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think that either charger will be very good, but I do know, the CE line has been the leader on the charger market and what Dan and I use and we believe it is the benchmark for all the chargers. Dan and I love our GFX's.

Chris, awesome job bud. I gotta give you a ring and find out how to be such a good driver like you. Seeing the vids of the mod mains and that was so spectacular. I'm glad you're the elite of RC racers.

As for 69 dollars for a matched cells? I think that is cheap compared to the product/voltage of the Sanyo 3000's and NiMH 2400 packs just a short time ago (1.13's and 1.14's were top with a run time of 380!). The price of the cells is the technology used for zapping and processing the cells. If you have gone to any of Dan's facilitys, you can see he spent a lot of money to build this business and he has done it right! So right, that everyone is jumping on the boat. His CET process is second to none, and he's even coming up with a new version. I'll stop there, these cells are worth the money! The choice is up to you. Just ask Adrian and Tor Erik, they're people I have helped lately and they love the cells.

John

Last edited by John Fontaine; 03-31-2004 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by John Fontaine
I'll stop there, these cells are worth the money! The choice is up to you. Just ask Adrian and Tom Erik, they're people I have helped lately and they love the cells.

John
Old 03-31-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

I can't wait to give them a try. I'm curious to see if the high 1.16's perform like others 1.17's. I even got one pack of 1.17's to boot. Now that I think about it 4 packs of batteries was a bit much for a test but oh well, they should be good As far as pricing, they are pretty much even with everyone else or better. Pro match and SMC seem to be the two big dogs for true competition packs now adays but Fukuyama is right there with numbers and pricing. I know I liked talking to them and ordering with them direct and you can't do that with another large company. Now on to the battery question, do you guys at Fukuyama recommend equalizeing the cells? And if so what tray? I probably won't deadshort but their is no guarantee since I will probably run stock and maybe very little mod.
Thanks
Rob
Old 03-31-2004, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, Fukuyama is running definately with the big dogs, PMR and SMC

On Fukuyama's website, it recommends not to dead short the packs. I would trust their advice, after all, they have done tons of testing and know the best way to treat the cells.

As far as the equalizing tray, the answer is yes. I use my Rayspeed Discharger and a trinity realtime 2. I like the Rayspeed the best because it cuts off at .9v/cell and the realtime if left on too long will drop the cells down to 0 and that's not good for these GP3300's. There are other trays on the market too that will work one. Novak's new tray and some integy trays are good though I have no personal experience with these. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

Enjoy the cells, I know you'll be happy with them. If you want more information, visit fukuyama's website.

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.