Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by psychophant
hi guys,

does the MM Pro use the same USB cable as the MM? coz i realized that the USB link is optional for MM Pro.

cheers!
I hope they use the castle link cable...

It would be another kick in the pants if they release another ESC that had no 64 bit driver support from Castle.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Castlelink plugs into rec cable just like the Sidewinder does, recieved my backorder from tower yesterday! Great so far with the 13.5 well once ifigured out how to get the MASSIVE unit into the Lazer SP!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bugle
Any motor will work on it. SP competition series, LRP X11 and Novak Velociti have been fine for me so I can't see why their latest motors would be any different.
thanks for the info i thought that some motors only run sensored while others can run both sensored and sensorless esc's

im thinking of getting the novak ballistic or LRP x12 5.5 to run on my trusty old mamba max
Old 10-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Glitching

I recently purchased castle creations 4600 sidewinder package and at the same time a Spectrum dx2 and spectrum650 servo .After setup everytime I turned right to left the motor will glitch and the stearing servo starts acting funny . I have tried other spectrum servos at my local dealer but the only one that does not cause the glitching in the motor is the stock sc10 servo. Any help on this
Old 10-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ksipes1
I recently purchased castle creations 4600 sidewinder package and at the same time a Spectrum dx2 and spectrum650 servo .After setup everytime I turned right to left the motor will glitch and the stearing servo starts acting funny . I have tried other spectrum servos at my local dealer but the only one that does not cause the glitching in the motor is the stock sc10 servo. Any help on this
Sounds like you need the receiver capacitor.. here When you turn the servo the voltage in the rx drops. The cap prevents voltage drops.

The spektrum servos draw more than your rtr servo, thats why they cause the issue and not the stock servo.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Default hmmm

Theres got to be something else because i have the same setup in my mod slash . Dont know why i would have to change anything. CASTLE YOU OUT THERE call you a couple of days ago and your qoute was it works or it wont work
Old 10-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Theres got to be something else because i have the same setup in my mod slash . Dont know why i would have to change anything. CASTLE YOU OUT THERE call you a couple of days ago and your qoute was it works or it wont work
Same setup including the DX2.0?

Tell me this.. When you turn the servo, does the light on the receiver go out, dim or flicker? If it does, then the cap will solve your problem. When the servo turns, the voltage drops, and this causes a signal loss in the rx, and it failsafes, what you are seeing as a "glitch". The cap. stores energy, so when you turn the servo, the voltage doesnt drop, and everything functions as normal
Old 10-23-2009, 06:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I ran the Sidewinder and MM in many different cars that I have. Even though I have two exactly the same setups sometimes I need a studder stopper (capacitor that was mentioned above) in one and not the other. No sure on why but not big deal because the capitor fixes the problem. I ran into this with a few other brands of speedos but its normally a simple fix.

It could be even though you run the same setup the servo could still draw a touch more current than the one you run even though they are identical units. The receiver could also be asking for a touch more power or so could the speedo for that matter but still all be the same brands.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think the problem only happens on speedo's where the BEC voltage is only 5 volts...

I have a duratrax brushed ESC that did the the same thing.
Lower voltage = more current draw
Old 11-05-2009, 06:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

For that have not tried the new Mamba Max Pro if you get a chance to run one try it out. We have 3 guys are are shop using them in 13.5 sprint and 3.5 mod sprint and they work great. The 13.5 looks like a 6.5 it is so fast with the new software package Castle has for the MMP. The guys that bought them so far just say WOW!!!!!!!!!! It is very adjustable and with the new sensor mode you can run any brushless motor you already have. Bang for the price is tough to beat.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For all those using this ESC for on-road racing I started a thread in the on-road section. I did this to hopefully help with exposure as not many people look at "Team and Cmpny" section.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...sored-esc.html
Old 11-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I just wanted to put a big thanks out to joe at castle creations support I gave him a call today and he went above and beyond to help me. This is great support. way better support than i have had from other places.

THANKS JOE YOUR GREAT
Old 11-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is there any plans to release a new MMM with sensored operation like the MM pro? Several people are using the MM pro for 1/8 buggy, but I would prefer a dedicated 1/8 ESC. It will be a few months until I get a new ESC so its no big deal to me if its not being released very soon.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Fan not working?

I heard when you power up the MMM 1/8 the fan should kick on for a second. I have two MMM and neither of the two fans kick on during start up programming??????

2nd question is, on friends MMM 1/8 when using the castle link, I changed the lipo cutoff to 12v, then logged out to try and now my fan is on all the time and no throttle.? Going back to defaults fixes but why is this happening???

thanx
Old 11-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

yea the fan should come on at power up if they are neew give them a call they are great about this stuff. If they are old or you got them used you can buy new fan with new esc case right on there home page. just ask to talk to joe he is a cool guy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.