Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by twelvegauge
reinstalling the new version seemed to help. Also I recalibrated the esc again.
Glad to hear it.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wingracer
Longer turbo delay with ramp 1 or 2. Less total timing, higher rpm points.

What will be the difference in driving/power performance when changing the ramp?

And will lowering the the timing boost give less total timing?

Thanks again
Old 01-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeppesen
Hi Guys

Need a quick help, is at the track right now, running with a rs pro and 17.5 redline motor, is very impressed with the power, but i am running a little hot a the end of a 5 min run, running 1/10 touring.

My settings are.

Boost 50
Turbo 10
Delay .2
Ramp 3
Start 2550
End 8000
FDR 6.6

The speed and punch is good, but what could i change to run it a little cooler?

Thanks
your settings are pretty close to mine. Try raising your delay to .4 seconds and going up a few teeth on your gearing. I'm running a 5.8 FDR on a 96x40 carpet track with rubber tires. Motor temp usually around 145 with a Duo2 17.5 motor with 0 motor timing.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VRacing
Hey guys, speaking of sandwich?? Did you notice StewartFan20 right in the middle of your posts? Even asked a question that went right with Yang's offer to make changes to match the track. Spreading the PB&J a little thick on the edges and forgot all about the middle?
not exaclty the same. I am offering to help with changes from a person that has run the setup. he can tell me if the car is slow out of a corner or if the car is too punchy or the car does not accelerate down the straight. I am making changes base on feed back of an existing setup.

I find it hard for people to be able to give any setup advise just with dimensions of a track. now if he would have run my setup and told me what he felt the car lacked, then I might be able to suggest some changes to the setup
Old 01-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Really it's already so good I don't know what more I could want for.
Perhaps you could train it to make me a sandwich in the middle of the day
pretty easy, you need to run at Mike's. Mr Dumas's wife runs the deli at the track and well, I get lunch delivered to my pits by a national champ. lol
Old 01-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
pretty easy, you need to run at Mike's. Mr Dumas's wife runs the deli at the track and well, I get lunch delivered to my pits by a national champ. lol
Nice, but I would rather be delivered a national championship.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Changed to this setup

Boost 50
Turbo 10
Delay .3
Ramp 2
Start 2800
End 11000
FDR 6.6

The power whas okay, but it felt like there whas a little less punch.

Raced for about 7 min and the temp was around 200! , i now it is way high, but for a 5 min race it should be ok.

How much timing is the redline motor set at from the start?? (17.5)

Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quick Q. i have the 203 on my main pc, but not on my labtop, that i plan on bringing to track, i have only the vegas software on it, and it shows that im running 203, but i cannot make any adjustments under that paramiter,how can i get the 203 sent to me again?, so i can save on my labtop, when i registered off the site, it keeps sending the vegas, says 4.0 tho? Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
Nice, but I would rather be delivered a national championship.
i am telling you the food in the deli is much better then dumas. so I would choose the food. lol
Old 01-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
Quick Q. i have the 203 on my main pc, but not on my labtop, that i plan on bringing to track, i have only the vegas software on it, and it shows that im running 203, but i cannot make any adjustments under that paramiter,how can i get the 203 sent to me again?, so i can save on my labtop, when i registered off the site, it keeps sending the vegas, says 4.0 tho? Thanks
clear out your temp internet files, or open the link in a different browser. Or just copy the exe to a usb stick and copy it to the laptop.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin
do you still have the downloaded file on your PC?? If so, copy it to a pendrive or something to put onto your laptop

I used the same file on my laptop and netbook
Old 01-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeppesen
Changed to this setup

Boost 50
Turbo 10
Delay .3
Ramp 2
Start 2800
End 11000
FDR 6.6

The power whas okay, but it felt like there whas a little less punch.

Raced for about 7 min and the temp was around 200! , i now it is way high, but for a 5 min race it should be ok.

How much timing is the redline motor set at from the start?? (17.5)

Thanks
I've got my start RPM at 2400 and end RPM at 7000. The lower gap in the RPM range provides more punch. The Redline motor comes from the factory set at 12 degrees. Rotate it to 0 and gear up a few teeth on the pinion. I tried gearing down for more torque and got to a point where it didn't give any more power and just created more heat. If you're worried about gearing up while you're already running hot, try running it for a few laps and temp the motor. Then temp it every minute until you feel comfortable running longer.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I've got my start RPM at 2400 and end RPM at 7000. The lower gap in the RPM range provides more punch. The Redline motor comes from the factory set at 12 degrees. Rotate it to 0 and gear up a few teeth on the pinion. I tried gearing down for more torque and got to a point where it didn't give any more power and just created more heat. If you're worried about gearing up while you're already running hot, try running it for a few laps and temp the motor. Then temp it every minute until you feel comfortable running longer.

I think i will go back to my starting setup, and then go to 0 timing on the motor, that should also cool it down, the feeling whas better before.

Just to be clear, the timing boost is how much timing in total + turbo?
And the ramp, is how much it increases the timing over rpm??

Or please explain it to me

Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Guys

Im trying to decide between the Tekin RS Pro, LRP Stock Spec and Speed Passion GT2.0. I run in pro stock ( 10.5 lipo ) and sometimes mod ( 6.5 lipo ) Although i have never seen anyone running tekin here in ireland i have heard nothing about good reviews in other countries. Is there still the same issue with bringing a laptop to the track to change the updates? It is the disadvantage i find with the Speed Passion and the advantage of the lrp is this dosent have to be done. When i get to a new track i have enough to fiddle with without having to bring the laptop out to install updates. I am currently running a Novak GTB so any of these ESC's will be quicker for me but i want easy enough to use but i do want ajustability. It will be run in a Schumacher Mi4 with a Speed Passion V3 10.5 motor.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rc-racer-kirby
Hey Guys

Im trying to decide between the Tekin RS Pro, LRP Stock Spec and Speed Passion GT2.0. I run in pro stock ( 10.5 lipo ) and sometimes mod ( 6.5 lipo ) Although i have never seen anyone running tekin here in ireland i have heard nothing about good reviews in other countries. Is there still the same issue with bringing a laptop to the track to change the updates? It is the disadvantage i find with the Speed Passion and the advantage of the lrp is this dosent have to be done. When i get to a new track i have enough to fiddle with without having to bring the laptop out to install updates. I am currently running a Novak GTB so any of these ESC's will be quicker for me but i want easy enough to use but i do want ajustability. It will be run in a Schumacher Mi4 with a Speed Passion V3 10.5 motor.

Thanks
Tekin is the best choice as you ask me.
Soon Tekin will come with a new software so that you can choose your program with the buttons on the speedo.
You can choose than just like LRP your setup on your speedo, so you don't need to bring your laptop to your club.
When I drive on my home track, I set my setup right and than I leave my laptop most of the time ad home.
With the Tekin RS/ RS Pro you can also run the 6,5T.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.