Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Default 415 Parts

Where are you guys buying parts from? I like to use Speedtech but they are usually out of the parts I need.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I use two places, Speedtech as you mention, and also Rainbow Ten, over in japan (http://www.rainbowten.co.jp).

I do know there are others around (i have used stella models and precision Rc previously), and I'm sure others will let you know where too.

I personally find these two to have great prices, brilliant service, and speedy delivery (doubly useful in the UK, given there is a grand total of NOWT support for us 415 drivers )... usually depends on who has what i need when i comes to ordering

HiH
Ed
Old 04-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Outdoor racing

Hey guys I need your help, unlike the west coast which runs nothing but outdoors, I live in carpet country USA" northeast" . Now my problem is that I have the Kai chassis which is super stiff, that all good for indoor racing but outdoor season starts next week at RCmaddness which will not be blistering hot, just one of nice days in Ct.. Now I have the LW conversion, can I make the Kia chassis work outdoor or do I need to go back to old chassis, which I don't want to

Carpet racing on Thrusday

Outdoor racing on Saturday

That a lot of wrechin'

Long term solution is to buy the 415ms, so can some one help me with a outdoor set-up for a stiff chassis, also the battery sits more inward and more fwd than the stock one
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-dsc00743.jpg  
Old 04-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up New low height sus mount blocks..

Hey guys have a look at these....They are made by EOLGUL and they look to be the Hot item for you carpet guys .5mm lower in height than the standard 415 blocks and 2.5mm lower than the EVO3/4 blocks
-Dave

Old 04-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Dawg, i don't if the Kai chassis has them, but you could try removing the chassis posts, that should allow the chassis to flex a bit more.

I'm gonna be running my std 3mm chassis outdoor this season, with the lwt suspension. If I want more chassis flex, i'll just take the posts out. Something to try in practise.....

I know what you mean though, i did the carpet racing thursday, outdoor sunday last weekend. Of course didn't change the suspension over though.... except on sunday, when it only took 45mins to go from std suspension setup to Lwt, not bad I think

Dave, they look nice, any info on where to get them?

HiH
Ed
Old 04-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

WOW who makes those???
Old 04-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

i know i don't own a 415 so i don't know why i'm in here but......Dave, if they are lower..wouldn't that just raise the rest of the car making the CoG higher?

edit: typo

Last edited by raving-monkey; 04-09-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TryHard
Dawg, i don't if the Kai chassis has them, but you could try removing the chassis posts, that should allow the chassis to flex a bit more.

I'm gonna be running my std 3mm chassis outdoor this season, with the lwt suspension. If I want more chassis flex, i'll just take the posts out. Something to try in practise.....

I know what you mean though, i did the carpet racing thursday, outdoor sunday last weekend. Of course didn't change the suspension over though.... except on sunday, when it only took 45mins to go from std suspension setup to Lwt, not bad I think

Dave, they look nice, any info on where to get them?

HiH
Ed
thanks bud come to think of it, if the TC4 "graphite tub "can be good outdoors then so can my car
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-dsc00746.jpg  
Old 04-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dawgmeat
thanks bud come to think of it, if the TC4 "graphite tub "can be good outdoors then so can my car
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-dsc00747.jpg  
Old 04-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by raving-monkey
i know i don't own a 415 so i don't know why i'm in here but......Dave, if they are lower..wouldn't that just raise the rest of the car making the CoG higher?

edit: typo
Hey matt,
Nope they don't.... they only lower the height of the suspension piviots.

Technincally, the car will still be in the same place, with regard to CoG, as this relates to ride height.

Ie for a given ride height, running thoose blocks would result in lower hinge pins.

Of course, to get the same ride height, the shock collars and droop screws would need to be adjusted....

HiH
Ed
Old 04-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

ahh yeah i get you now.....i was thinking it would lower all the suspension (which in turn would raise everything else i think)

*slaps himself*
Old 04-09-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: 415 Parts

Originally posted by Charles
Where are you guys buying parts from? I like to use Speedtech but they are usually out of the parts I need.
Walawala store on ebay has everything you will ever need!
Old 04-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: New low height sus mount blocks..

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
[B]Hey guys have a look at these....They are made by EOLGUL and they look to be the Hot item for you carpet guys .5mm lower in height than the standard 415 blocks and 2.5mm lower than the EVO3/4 blocks
-Dave
Shouldn't it be 1.5mm lower than the evo blocks? I believe that the evo blocks are 1mm higher than the 415's.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I thought the same.... but I've never heard of Dave being wrong about new items and details like that.

Anyway, on another note, I had my first run with the new car (415MS modded to SF-sped ) and I must say that I'm pretty happy with the car. There were some good names to compare myself to and I ended up only being around 1 sec per lap (~14-15sec laps) in terms of Best Lap compared to the front runners, who are 2 of the best drivers in the country. So..... I'm really quite happy with the performance and I know that I'll get there, just need time. Unfortunately, rain and 100kmg wind swept through before the finals started so I couldn't really compare my car VISUALLY to the other out there, but that's okay... I have a fair idea of where I'm losing ground. Mainly in just pace (gearing a 9x1 pretty conservatively) and also on my best run, I was suffering from a lot of turn-in understeer. The car was pretty stable aside from that intial understeer which was prodominantly high speed understeer. Its something that I'll have to tackle and work with the get the best out of the car, but considering I hadn't driven the car on the track before today, I was very happy with it.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: New low height sus mount blocks..

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Hey guys have a look at these....They are made by EOLGUL and they look to be the Hot item for you carpet guys .5mm lower in height than the standard 415 blocks and 2.5mm lower than the EVO3/4 blocks
-Dave
Dave,

I'll be at Shin Yokohama from April 11 - 19, how about a tour or your tracks?
I'll be staying at the Shin Yokohama Prince Hotel

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.