Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2002, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh you were at OktoberFast? That's cool, that's my home track. What class did you run and how did you finish? I ran Mod Sedan and Stock Sedan (foam), did horrible in each, won Mod D main, like 4th in Stock D main. I've gotten my setups much, much better since then.
Old 10-20-2002, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hey Jeff the xray is dialed with the same handout tires all around!!! get ready to get ur butt whooped by the 15 year old lol
Old 10-20-2002, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

BRING IT!!!
Old 10-20-2002, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

littledog, were are the shocks on the tower??? They really need to be on the lower row of holes. I broke a rear arm last night racing and had to use T1 rear arms. Also had to use the middle row of holes on the tower. If they ARE in the bottom row, the droop must be way to much. Need more info on how the car is set up.
Old 10-21-2002, 06:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Rick: Haven't got them yet, car turned it's first wheel on Saturday at Snetterton. Should get them in the next couple of weeks though.

//Stu
Old 10-21-2002, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Storm - You did a very nice job with your XRAY yesterday. Keep it up and your talents will blossom. See you a couple of weeks.
Old 10-21-2002, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

david- thanks

also quick question to anyone who might of had this problem. i remember talking to rob atomic about this before i bought the car, he said that sometimes the axles, or wheel hexes (sorta the same thing) easily bent and didnt come out. well after the seals on my "blue" bearings came off i decieded to take them out to clean them, no such luck. i removed the clip that holds in the axles from the steering hub (running front C-hubs, dont know if that matters though) and the axle will not come out, i have tried everything short of a hammer. what should i do? any tricks i am missing here? thanks!

Last edited by stormperson; 10-21-2002 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

you hit the nail right on the head..you need to use a hammer. In the setup book it explains how to do it and fix it after you get it out. Do it very carefully.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

lol, thanks
Old 10-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

What I've been doing to get the axle out of the block is taking a small file and filing down the lip at the edge of the axle. What I was told happens is that the lip gets mushroomed up a little bit, and hits the inner bearing race when you try removing it. After filing it down, it slides right out once you take the clip off.
Old 10-21-2002, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I had my first outing on C hubs last weekend, and in one word it was awesome, i usually like an agressive car, initially it was too twitchy , so i went extreme hard on the front with red springs, as i had limited track time, and it was awesome, very neutral and very fast in the corners. One thing i was lacking the more i pushed the car was exit steering, usually with pillow balls i would increase caster to help, but as hubs are non adj this is not an option, any ideas? I made the rear harder, and shortened the wheelbase and helped a bit but started to make it a bit twitchy.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Besercoe
I had my first outing on C hubs last weekend, and in one word it was awesome, i usually like an agressive car, initially it was too twitchy , so i went extreme hard on the front with red springs, as i had limited track time, and it was awesome, very neutral and very fast in the corners. One thing i was lacking the more i pushed the car was exit steering, usually with pillow balls i would increase caster to help, but as hubs are non adj this is not an option, any ideas? I made the rear harder, and shortened the wheelbase and helped a bit but started to make it a bit twitchy.
add anti dive this will add to the caster and give you the feel your looking for
Old 10-21-2002, 08:37 PM
adz
Tech Regular

Hi Brad, just one other thing did u try the outer mounting
possitions on the suspension arms that should settle the inital
twitchyness down a bit and or if then u still don't have enough steer,
possibly work on the front toe? which will also help hi speed turn.
...Just a thought...
Old 10-21-2002, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Hobbytown Racer
littledog, were are the shocks on the tower??? They really need to be on the lower row of holes. I broke a rear arm last night racing and had to use T1 rear arms. Also had to use the middle row of holes on the tower. If they ARE in the bottom row, the droop must be way to much. Need more info on how the car is set up.

If it said to do it in the manual I did it.The only thing I did different was to add some antidive and squat.Ho,the shocks are built to be ajustable dampning.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Stormperson: I used a piece of scrap wook. Bored a hole slightly larger than thehub. I then tap with a rawhide mallet and out comes the hub. Then I either file the outside edge off. Just enough to get the bearing on. Normally it is around the split that has the most flair.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.