Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdreamer
Hi Guys,

First of all ...a 1038 pages, hells bells, surely a lot of good info here.
I'm keen to get one of these and I know this has been asked quite a few times, please tell me what are the must haves to get with the kit. I don't want to read through a 1000 pages plus, well not now. I just want to add the necessary replacement parts and hop-ups to the basket when I do the purchase so I get it off the ground right the first time.

thanks
guess its 1039 pages now

Everything you need too know is on the first page of this thread . The only hop ups it really needs IMO is the Chrispins and the HD outdrives . Everything else is just to make it lighter .
Old 07-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdreamer
Hi Guys,

First of all ...a 1038 pages, hells bells, surely a lot of good info here.
I'm keen to get one of these and I know this has been asked quite a few times, please tell me what are the must haves to get with the kit. I don't want to read through a 1000 pages plus, well not now. I just want to add the necessary replacement parts and hop-ups to the basket when I do the purchase so I get it off the ground right the first time.

thanks
One of the reasons this thread is 1038 pages is because people keep asking the same questions over and over. The search function should take you to what you need, or even the first page thats continually updated. Take the time to search for the info you want, then come back and ask specifics....you'll likely learn a lot along the way
Old 07-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

my local track makes their own Lipos...thinking this might be the ticket..

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719163
Old 07-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
I think the problem with "C" ratings is, that none of them are correct, or held to any standard.

(mah x C)/1000=amps

A true 30c 5000mah pack should have no issue with the truck, as it's rated at 150 amps, which is more than you should be pulling through most esc's. My Turnigy 5200 25C packs do just fine in this truck, rated at just below 150 amps. My SMC 8000mah, rated at 28C and 224 amps, wants to puke everytime I run it yet the SPC 8000mah 20c pack runs like am champ. Out of our group, and about 10 different brands of batteries, I have come to the conclusion that none of the C ratings are worth anything at face value. It seems the best brands we have that resist puffing and retain good punch are ones considered "cheap" and have lower C ratings than the more expensive higher C rated counterparts.

For the sake of using a standardized pack in my truck, I bought 4 new 6000mah 65C batteries this week.,,,perhaps they'll work as advertised....or perhaps not
cheap lipos.... hmmm no wonder why they are true

im good, ill pay for quality and customer service thanks.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Can I hab my thread back pweeze!!

I told you guys you can get a 2 pole to run just as fast without heat issues as a 4 pole. And it’s smoother since it’s 2 pole. Be nice kids I might post a picture!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losi_racer
cheap lipos.... hmmm no wonder why they are true

im good, ill pay for quality and customer service thanks.
You do realize who Amain gets their "protec" lipo's from don't you?

If customer service is worth double the price to you...go for it!!! But like I said before, Turnigy and Gens ace have consistently been the best lipo's we've ran.....so I guess thats what I would call quality, YMMV.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by godofcable
my local track makes their own Lipos...thinking this might be the ticket..

http://teamcrc.com/crc/modules.php?n...prodID=7719163
There was a guy at the track with that battery last weekend, they seemed to like it quite a bit. Of course I smoked him with my "cheap" "low quality" "Junk" turnigy lipo's, but he seemed to like them nonetheless

It looked like a nice battery, well constructed. But ALL the lipo cells come from china, so I really see no reason to pay double for the same or lesser quality cells. Go straight to the source I say.....and save money.
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Can I hab my thread back pweeze!!

I told you guys you can get a 2 pole to run just as fast without heat issues as a 4 pole. And it’s smoother since it’s 2 pole. Be nice kids I might post a picture!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I run 2pole, no probs.

Running a 6000mah to LVC my motor comes off around 140, speedo around 125 (RX8/Havoc 4.5).

The biggest difference for me was turning down the current limit to 75-80%.
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

You do realize who Amain gets their "protec" lipo's from don't you?

If customer service is worth double the price to you...go for it!!! But like I said before, Turnigy and Gens ace have consistently been the best lipo's we've ran.....so I guess thats what I would call quality, YMMV.

i used to believe in that whole all lipos come from the same place, this may be true BUT ive never gotten a bad lipo from Thunder Power,Orion,Protec. i have how ever have had 1 turnigy come to me bad, would of cost more then the battery cost in the first place to ship it back, also the other 5 i bought at the same time either dropped a cell or lost 1/2 the power as when it was new within 2 months

in feb i tried a new 1/8th scale and some new servos and i needed a new lipo receiver pack. Tried out the protek , the servos used more juice then i was used to and it went bad. I admitted to amain what happened and asked just for a discount, they told me to send it in ill get a brand new one in return. Your not getting that CS with turnigy so yes CS is very worth it to me. Plus spending my money with stores that are in the USA is worth it to me.

People these days want everything given to them, or sold to them for penny's on the dollar. i for one like to shop at places where i know my business is appreciated. Where a CSR will go above and beyond to make the consumer happy, there are not many places like this anymore because of the reason above
Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

i used to believe in that whole all lipos come from the same place, this may be true BUT ive never gotten a bad lipo from Thunder Power,Orion,Protec. i have how ever have had 1 turnigy come to me bad, would of cost more then the battery cost in the first place to ship it back, also the other 5 i bought at the same time either dropped a cell or lost 1/2 the power as when it was new.

in feb i tried a new 1/8th scale and some new servos and i needed a new lipo receiver pack. Tried out the protek , the servos used more juice then i was used to and it went bad. I admitted to amain what happened and asked just for a discount, they told me to send it in ill get a brand new one in return. Your not getting that CS with turnigy so yes CS is very worth it to me. Plus spending my money with stores that are in the USA is worth it to me.
I agree with you.

I primarily only travel to RCPro events (I don't club race really) and practice. I can't tell you how many of my friends lost a qual or main or didn't even finish a race day because one of their "Man they're cheap!" lipo's from HobbyKing dropped a cell or something. One of my friends in particular I think has junked 3 2S's in the last 6 months or so.

I've got Reedy 2S lipos that are 3 years old and still running fine.

I'd rather pay a little for my batteries and know that when I drive 6hrs for a race I'm not going to screw my race weekend over with a $20 battery.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
I run 2pole, no probs.

Running a 6000mah to LVC my motor comes off around 140, speedo around 125 (RX8/Havoc 4.5).

The biggest difference for me was turning down the current limit to 75-80%.
This is a 2 pole 540 motor, not a 550.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Plus spending my money with stores that are in the USA is worth it to me.
Yes, I admit that I'd like to keep the money in the USA, and I would......if they wouldn't want to make 150%+ profit off of me for simply sticking their decal on the case. Ask a reasonable markup, and i'd jump all over it!!! Might even sport their T shirt at the track, lol.

IMHO, customer service is a mute point, when you can buy 2,3, or even 4 of the batteries for the same price as one. Amain probably could send you 2 more batteries before they broke even on what they had in your return Thats not knocking Amain either, I buy almost all my spare parts there.....love the place. Who can blame them for the markup on lipo's when everyone else is gouging even more?

Our group of guys have bought over 3k$ of turnigy lipo's from hobbyking. Only one battery that I know of had a weak cell, and it was nursed back to life and still works to this day(cheap 5000mah hard case battery for 20$). A few have puffed, a few broke, but we've had the same happen to SMC, Max amps, Thunderpower, Orion, and gens ace packs. Overall, I still believe Turnigy batteries are as high a quality pack as any we have found, and we've had a pretty nice size sample to make that conclusion from

The USA point was a very valid one....the one about quality is just plain false IMHO.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

This is a 2 pole 540 motor, not a 550.
Oh snap, just noticed that.

Nice man! lol
Old 07-26-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video
Looks good. So what is it? And when will Viper release it? Curious minds want to know...

Old 07-26-2011, 11:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Seriously... Complaining about lipos now?!?!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.