Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Could use some help on some set ups. what oil weights you using in the truck. I am running different springs gold and silver. CF towers.. Thanks

Not to change the subject. but enough is enough. my eyes cant take it any more.. LOL
Old 07-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chucko
Could use some help on some set ups. what oil weights you using in the truck. I am running different springs gold and silver. CF towers.. Thanks

Not to change the subject. but enough is enough. my eyes cant take it any more.. LOL
I run 40w front and 30w rear...losi 8ight silver springs front and green rear. Indoor clay...sticks like glue.

Since droop screw pads are backordered....has anyone used something else that works? My chassis is showing bad wear. I have the Tonys screw kit.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

I just went and looked @ my 8ight springs and they are a little big for the TEN. did you change your shocks ?
Old 07-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

i HATE this truck!! since i have gotten it, i have replaced the front and rear bumpers with t-bone's, cleaned the grease out of the diffs and added oil, and burned up a lot of electronics.
now that i have that out of the way, this is the best driving thing i have ever had!! won my last race with it. in our 5 min. qualifiers, the fastest class was buggies and tq had a time of 9 laps in 5 flat. my best time in truggy was 9 in 5:03 and my scte did 9 in 5:04!! no one could believe how fast and nimble it was!!
now how soon is the release of that hop-up package. i need to replace my towers, but would rather get the kit if it will be soon.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chucko
I just went and looked @ my 8ight springs and they are a little big for the TEN. did you change your shocks ?
Sorry....no I bought the adapters that Chris Atterberry sells. It was something like $15 for all 4. Uses stock shocks, just has a collar that is bigger. Also need 8ight spring cups..$7

I wanted to try spring changes...and nothing was out yet for our truck
Old 07-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by larlev
I run 40w front and 30w rear...losi 8ight silver springs front and green rear. Indoor clay...sticks like glue.

Since droop screw pads are backordered....has anyone used something else that works? My chassis is showing bad wear. I have the Tonys screw kit.

I saw a post back a few hundred pages that said button head screws. cut a notch in the shaft to adjust. drill em out. tap em, go race. or something like that. I have been reading so much about replacing everything on the truck I am so confused.. lol Thanks for the shock idea.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

Originally Posted by larlev

i'm currently using button heads in place of the pads. works pretty well.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Thanks, I'll try the button heads
Old 07-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby
JUst because i think it got lost in the thread a little while ago...and im sorry to anyone who gets mad for reposting..

stand up Battery tray mod- what are you guys doing? I cant fabricate my own so how are you guys doing it?

Bodies - Sc10 and bodies made for the Blitz fit .. any others? I know i made a raptor body for the sc10 fit but i dont like how the post holes came out.
slash 4x4 bodies work. My dad had a raptor and a stock slash body for his slash, he bought a scte after driving mine and he tried the bodies on my truck, body post holes line up 100% perfect, you have to trim the wheel well tho, not much but some.

i just bought a JC manta V2 , its at the painter, i have no experience with it on the track but feeling the two bodies side by side, the JC body is a lot more ridged, i have high hopes for it
Old 07-26-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
Viper doesn't have the sensorless ESC but who ever said they will never make one? It's supply and demand, while sensorless is a nice option when dev started on the ESC's sensored ruled and no one wanted sensorless. That has changed now the 4 poles are here it's anyones game on the 4 poles and sensorless setups. Think of it like this, Vipers been out since Oct. and they are knocking down some big wins over the big hitters. Who knows where they are going but I can tell you one thing, it's in the right direction. Win's left and right.
I didnt say that the viper esc was bad. In fact I said I thought it looked really nice. I am just not interested in sensored only. I only meant that if they are smart they are quickly working on a version capable of sensored and sensorelss. I would for sure try one if they did.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
It is far too narrow minded to thing there will not be a nitro SCT. Not saying it is coming but also would not say it is out of the realm of possibility. A single common chassis is not a bad idea if that is the case.

A nitro SCT would be sick for those that like that type of thing!
I think that possibly having 2 different (but similar) trucks from 2 different manufacturers could drive sales for both. BUT, that's a big gamble and I'm not sure that it would be wise for Losi to gamble at this point - they've won us back over from the Strike and given us 3 really good SC vehicles - not sure that de-evolution is wise or needed. BUT, it would be cool!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Honest feedback here for Losi.

First, I love my SCTE. It drives great and was the car that got me to finally give 4x4 SCTE a shot. I am literally almost as fast as my e 1/8 with it. My setup seems to work everywhere with only one or two setup tweaks.

Nevertheless, the quality of this truck was definitely a lot lower than what I expected. The plastic is just not what I expect of a racer. It is very durable but at the end of the day I literally have more money in upgrades on the car than the roller cost me.

BCE Chassis
Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins
Elite Mount
Alum Rear Hub Carriers
Losi CF Towers
Chris Pins in Diffs
Tony's Screw Kit

I would have gladly paid $400 bucks for a higher quality kit out the box. IMHO, all Losi needs to do is change the plastic formula so it matches exactly to the 8ight 2.0 plastic and put better screws on the truck.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Mugen & Xray are dragging their feet on this class. If I could get Xray quality with the SCTE handling believe me, I'd pay the premium for it.
Dude, if all those modifrications make you happy - so be it!!! Happiness is what these vehicles are all about. BUT you'd be hard pressed to convince the majority of us that those modifications are NECESSARY - cool??? absolutely... Necessary??? NO WAY!!!!!!

We have a few top level drivers here; the rest of us are 'drivers'..... $500.00 worth of 'hop ups' is NOT going to make the majority of us any faster!!!!

Let's race our trucks and enjoy them for what they are - a reasonably priced 4 x 4 SC that handles GREAT out of the box, is for the most part durable and can make any one of us appear to be a much better driver than we really are!

Hopefully see you at the track!
Old 07-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ridley
I think I can count on one hand how many people on here have contributed more than me to this thread with pertinent info on how to fix this truck......so to your question the answer would be...just about everyone.

You probably don't realize that though, since you are too busy listening to yourself drivel nonsense than to spend anytime reading and learning how to fix the issues you are complaining about.
AMEN Ridley. I wish these dudes would just STFU and go play with their other WINNING truck. We don't need you here. You have said the same thing over and over. The easiest way to not support Losi and this thread is to sell your trucks and find another thread to bish on. Don't ruin our thread and support from Ryan and Casper.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez
x infinity
Old 07-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is the BCE chassis already drilled and tapped for droop pads?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

currently i run a 5000 mah lipo. i cant finish a 10 minute race if i push it the whole time. if i baby it i can make it, but the guys i run against won't let me baby it.

i run the MMP and 1410 motor, 14T pinion.

i know there are bigger batteries out there, but i wanted to get your experiences with them in this truck. who uses what to make it in those long mains?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.