Old 07-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Edit: Not necessary
Old 07-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SaladFork

Nothing is wrong with the ERC, it also drives very nice. The BCE chassis is out now you can order one up! http://shop.bcespeed.com/product.sc;...3&categoryId=1

Viper doesn't have the sensorless ESC but who ever said they will never make one? It's supply and demand, while sensorless is a nice option when dev started on the ESC's sensored ruled and no one wanted sensorless. That has changed now the 4 poles are here it's anyones game on the 4 poles and sensorless setups. Think of it like this, Vipers been out since Oct. and they are knocking down some big wins over the big hitters. Who knows where they are going but I can tell you one thing, it's in the right direction. Win's left and right.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Salad, that vid is very good (like always), and your driving is a pleasure to watch. And kudos to Viper if that is what is powering that truck. That looked like it has exlposive launch.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by heavyjeffd
It's selling so well because even with all of it's flaws, it's the best SCT out there, which doesn't say much for the state of SCT's.

The Durango might be higher quality components, but it's a scaled up 1/10th scale buggy that's already very, very fragile. There's a few around here that munch diffs and don't finish mains all the time. At an indoor clay track I race at here I've seen a number of the Durango buggies that their SCT is based on break and not finish races, so I don't know why they thought putting that platform in the rough and tumble class of SCT racing was a good idea.

If Losi is trying to hit a price point, they should offer the RTR SCTE (like their doing now, more or less) and a REAL race worthy SCTE (like the 8ight race roller) for people who can actually tell if their diff cups have 4mm of slop in them or not when they are brand new.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ridley
I never said anyone wouldn't, I just said it's asinine to expect so much from a 250$ truck...and then B&W when hop up parts are needed to bring it to race spec. The same people would be B&W'ing if the truck came out with all the stuff on it for 500$.

Bottom line is, people just like to hear themselves complain sometimes....I think it makes them feel more important or something
Heh, I complain for certain everytime someone trys to get an unfair share of my money. I will ALWAYS expect to get what I pay for. If I said No freakin' onions,,,I mean No freakin' onions!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
It is like the one for the SCT...it gives you the carbon towers, one piece shock mounts, al shock caps with bleeder holes, al shock collars, al rear hubs, front and rear aluminum adjustable pivots all for around $130. I would have liked to have put more in it, but the price got out of the range we were shooting for.
how about an ultimate kit? ... that includes losi ti/al hinge pins, losi hinge pin holders, possible lw outdrives?
Old 07-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Honest feedback here for Losi.

First, I love my SCTE. It drives great and was the car that got me to finally give 4x4 SCTE a shot. I am literally almost as fast as my e 1/8 with it. My setup seems to work everywhere with only one or two setup tweaks.

Nevertheless, the quality of this truck was definitely a lot lower than what I expected. The plastic is just not what I expect of a racer. It is very durable but at the end of the day I literally have more money in upgrades on the car than the roller cost me.

BCE Chassis
Lunsford Titanium Hinge Pins
Elite Mount
Alum Rear Hub Carriers
Losi CF Towers
Chris Pins in Diffs
Tony's Screw Kit

I would have gladly paid $400 bucks for a higher quality kit out the box. IMHO, all Losi needs to do is change the plastic formula so it matches exactly to the 8ight 2.0 plastic and put better screws on the truck.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Mugen & Xray are dragging their feet on this class. If I could get Xray quality with the SCTE handling believe me, I'd pay the premium for it.
Could not agee more with that statment!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ridley
I think I can count on one hand how many people on here have contributed more than me to this thread with pertinent info on how to fix this truck......so to your question the answer would be...just about everyone.

You probably don't realize that though, since you are too busy listening to yourself drivel nonsense than to spend anytime reading and learning how to fix the issues you are complaining about.
I agree you have been helpful and I appreciate the info you and everyother person who has tried to make this truck better.

But if you think people giving feedback or opinons is usless banter I have to completley disagree. I think it is very importaint for many reasons when it is a 'forum' for sharing info. I am not trying to flame , I just sharing my opinon.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Well always have haters and complainers i guess.I dont know about you guys but i beat the snot outta this truck and havent broken nothing but the rear bumper.Im definately satisfied with my purchase.I laugh my nuts off everytime i see an ae or ofna limpin off the track with broken parts.This trucks a beast.Thanks Ryan and the rest at Losi.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

My response to all of the nonsense posts about how you "MUST UPGRADE TO MAKE IT RACE WORTHY AND STRONG"...

Bullsh!t. At my track, a guy bought 2 of these, bone stock brand new, dropped electrics on them and him and his kid got 1 - 2 first time on the track. They didnt even check camber, toe, or ride height. No changing the diffs to oil, no changing springs, nothing.

Me, I suck at driving. Badly. I have over-jumped a large double and landed straddled on a pipe, cased it nose down on doubles. Ive done barrel rolls and endo's that I thought were never going to end. I beat the hell out of my poor truck. My only upgrades were carbon shock towers. I cant even figure out how anyone has bent the chassis or broken anything on this truck. My stock chassis is flat as can be and nothing has broken yet. I havent even replaced the pins with chrispins and its a first shipment truck (no label on tray).

Truck is great, you guys are insane.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s
I have a 2nd shipment SCTE. I have roughly 35 packs on the truck beating the absolute crap out of it at home.

attempting to jump the house, Jumping completely across a 2 lane road and missing a lot of times and I cannot count how many times I have nose dived the truck onto Concrete.

I tore into my diffs the other day and they are all perfect.

My only 2 issues with the truck are.

Soft outdrives.
Soft Shock Towers.

That's it, I run the truck at home mostly on 3s and that is mostly why the outdrives are worn but other than that the truck is freaking tough.
I'm with you bro, I got about 80 packs on a 3rd shipment truck and nothing has broken!!!!!! The body got some cracks in it but that aint bad considering the hell I've put it through. Stone, from an unbiased person you my friend are a whining idiot.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxr300ex
I'm with you bro, I got about 80 packs on a 3rd shipment truck and nothing has broken!!!!!! The body got some cracks in it but that aint bad considering the hell I've put it through. Stone, from an unbiased person you my friend are a whining idiot.

I have trouble with bodies also, I cant keep the darn things on the truck, They fall to pieces while the rest of the truck keeps on trucking.

When I get my truck together(New Shock towers and Outdrives) I am going to run an SC10 body.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lon_L
Heh, I complain for certain everytime someone trys to get an unfair share of my money. I will ALWAYS expect to get what I pay for. If I said No freakin' onions,,,I mean No freakin' onions!!!
I have that issue with pickles.....why the hell do they always add the pickles!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedDevil13
My response to all of the nonsense posts about how you "MUST UPGRADE TO MAKE IT RACE WORTHY AND STRONG"...

Bullsh!t. At my track, a guy bought 2 of these, bone stock brand new, dropped electrics on them and him and his kid got 1 - 2 first time on the track. They didnt even check camber, toe, or ride height. No changing the diffs to oil, no changing springs, nothing.

Me, I suck at driving. Badly. I have over-jumped a large double and landed straddled on a pipe, cased it nose down on doubles. Ive done barrel rolls and endo's that I thought were never going to end. I beat the hell out of my poor truck. My only upgrades were carbon shock towers. I cant even figure out how anyone has bent the chassis or broken anything on this truck. My stock chassis is flat as can be and nothing has broken yet. I havent even replaced the pins with chrispins and its a first shipment truck (no label on tray).

Truck is great, you guys are insane.
Heck...you sound like me. LOL

My truck would win gymnastic events at a few of my races. She's a FAT Mary lou Retton
Old 07-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liftedcj7on44s
I have trouble with bodies also, I cant keep the darn things on the truck, They fall to pieces while the rest of the truck keeps on trucking.

When I get my truck together(New Shock towers and Outdrives) I am going to run an SC10 body.
Shoe goo man...works wonders
Old 07-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

JUst because i think it got lost in the thread a little while ago...and im sorry to anyone who gets mad for reposting..

stand up Battery tray mod- what are you guys doing? I cant fabricate my own so how are you guys doing it?

Bodies - Sc10 and bodies made for the Blitz fit .. any others? I know i made a raptor body for the sc10 fit but i dont like how the post holes came out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.