Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Casey, first of all, let me say, it's nice to see another factory guy posting in here along with Casper and Ryan. I figure the more help from factory guys the better. I'm sure you can be very helpful to us especially along the lines of setups. Ridley is actually a very helpful person and does a lot of excellent testing and usually backs it up with detailed reviews and accounts. Don't let his sometimes brash musings get to you. I think what he was trying to say, albeit not very eloquently, is that until these parts are in the hands of normal club racers, we wont know exactly how well they'll work. Ryan's been very forthcoming and let us know that there may be a few very minor changes to the milled chassis that the team drivers have been running, which is why Ridley has some reservations, because they havent' been in the hands of your normal Club Racer yet. Just because it's made the factory guys faster, doesn't mean it'll make everyone else faster. As an analogy, Take a normal guy off the road and put him in a BMW M3 on a track. Next put him in a Porsche GT2RS. Most people would probably be faster in the M3 because it's so easy to drive for the layman. The GT2 RS has WAYYYYYY more potential to go blisteringly fast around the track in the right hands. But most peolple don't have the skills to be faster in it than in the M3. I think that's kind of what he's saying. That being said, I'm looking forward to the TLR chassis hitting the market as it gives us another option.

Exactly what I was getting at

Perhaps my posts do seem brash at 3 am, maybe I will set myself a curfew for posting of midnight
Old 07-28-2011, 01:30 AM
Tech Regular

Ridley, how many people have to come across as thin skinned before you have the thought that maybe your being an a..hole? Good grief.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ridley
Exactly what I was getting at

Perhaps my posts do seem brash at 3 am, maybe I will set myself a curfew for posting of midnight
Ridley, you're an excellent source of knowledge and information. You've helped a lot of people on here. We'd make a great team. You give the info and I'll interpret. Let's take this show on the road!
Old 07-28-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3
Ridley, how many people have to come across as thin skinned before you have the thought that maybe your being an a..hole? Good grief.
Edit - I guess I should just delete that comment. Buzz3 is on to something here. Ridley, you might really consider how you say things. We really don't need to drive away the factory guys. If you think you have to take their comments with a grain of salt, then do so. But keep it to yourself. These guys provide invaluable info for the rest of us and we don't want to see you tick them off to the point they just decide to leave this forum.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITROALM
Hi Again SCTE Guys, I have been in contact with a few of you
as you know. Thanks for hanging in there
we are now shipping two batches a week to keep up with demand.
We did run into a small delay with our normal supplier of our very specific
material, but that has been resolved and we have doubled up for what is looking
to be a very popular Chassis for the SCTE. Thanks again to you guys
that have been posting there arrivals,and build Pics, Lots more neat stuff for you guys in the near future..
BCESPEED SCTE PRO RACING CHASSIS

So if I order today, how long until it gets to me in CA?
Old 07-28-2011, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
First I want to say, thank you for your service. I sincerely appreciate it. I don't think anyone's gonna flame you, you're pretty spot on with your assessment of the SCTE. Its hiccups aren't that bad and are easily corrected. For the price point of this truck, even after adding upgrades and their costs to make it race ready, in my opinion is still a fantastic truck for the money. I do think if TLR later decides to offer a Race Roller with all the needed upgrades along with the milled chassis and better quality screws, people will definitely buy them. The only problem is, if and when that happens, those of us who would have bought it, probably already have built it with all the upgrades already, so it probably will never come to fruition, but you never know

Welcome to your SCTE ownership now, you are going to absolutely love this truck! the first few laps, you're going to end up on your nose a lot, but once you get used to how this truck jumps, you'll be able to jump quite flat in no time! We've definitely got a great thread here with a lot of knowledgeable people. As you stated, it's unbelievable how lucky we are to have Ryan (Hacker07) in here to help us with our setups as well having personally provided some of the best Customer Service anyone could ask for to many of us. I know him in person and I have to say, online he really comes across as genuine and caring about actually helping and not just selling units, but in person, you realize it's not just for show. That's genuinely who he is. He knew I broke a bumper and had the Zip Tie "mod", I came in, set my stuff down, said hi to him and a few other regulars at the track, then went up to the counter to pay my race entry, when I came back a brand new upgraded bumper was sitting on top of my stuff. He's helped me countless times with setup as well. That's the type of guy he is in person. Anyway, enough ball washing, enjoy your truck man! Where do you plan on racing? I'm sure no matter where you are, there's plenty of people on here that run at your local track and can probably help you out with the right settings for your particular track. BTW, you're gonna LOVE that little 1410, it's hard to believe so much power comes out of that little soup can lol
Thanks for the reply, wasn't worried about the flaming for being honest on the truck, more for calling out the negative Nancys and Stone Racing. Of course it may take Stone awhile to reply as he has to find a new way to spoof another IP I imagine.

I got the impression you thought I was being down on the Truck but I actualy think it looks awesome. I remember doing the research on what truck to get before I came home and looking at the Ten-T conversion for a long time. When the SCTE came out I was stoked. Just can't wait to finally drive it, I've been waiting for this for awhile now.

As for my track, I have yet to go to one around here. There is an indoor carpet track called Dirt Trax RC. I am trying to get there for a go round as soon as I can but life is busy. Hoping to make it out sometime in August. The track by the way is located just outside of Ottawa, Canada, about 1-1.5hrs North of the Border with NY.

Of course I would love to take this truck to the Kandahar Airfield Track... That would be a blast. One regret I have is that I never got a chance to visit it when I was in the area .

Star
Old 07-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
Awesome good to know : ) . The small track is awesome for 1/10th scale. Tell you what, its hard going from 1/8th buggy straight to pro 4. i did that back to back mains last weekend and it was tought getting used to the 1/8th buggy
Chit, try going back to back Prolite to Pro4.

Originally Posted by CaseyP
haha you TQed that one Douglas
I think it's cute how Casey calls you Douglas, haha!
Old 07-28-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITROALM
Hi Again SCTE Guys, I have been in contact with a few of you
as you know. Thanks for hanging in there
we are now shipping two batches a week to keep up with demand.
We did run into a small delay with our normal supplier of our very specific
material, but that has been resolved and we have doubled up for what is looking
to be a very popular Chassis for the SCTE. Thanks again to you guys
that have been posting there arrivals,and build Pics, Lots more neat stuff for you guys in the near future..
BCESPEED SCTE PRO RACING CHASSIS

i heard they were slow. i ordered mine july 6 from the site and im still waiting.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BDRMBULLY
i heard they were slow. i ordered mine july 6 from the site and im still waiting.
dont fell bad i ordered mine the july 7th and i dont have mine eather. all i got is an email saying he printed a shipping lable. that was 4 days ago. and i think i only got that because i sent a POed email but i dont know if its in the mail or not. im close to saying give me my money back and wate for the losi one

ryan,
do you have a rought date of when the TLR chassis will be shipping?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Why would you be PO'd?? It's a very small company, hand making top notch parts. He said he had supplier issues if you read a little, and things are back under way. It's not like ordering tires from amain.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 218 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowroad
Why would you be PO'd?? It's a very small company, hand making top notch parts. He said he had supplier issues if you read a little, and things are back under way. It's not like ordering tires from amain.
i understand that but i still think it should not take a month to get something. i was told that there was a shipping lable problem some got printed and other did not. but now its they were having problems getting stuff to even make the chassis. what is it?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It was great to see Casey in here for a little and he is already been pushed away...lol. Sheesh.

Originally Posted by racerx1920
dont fell bad i ordered mine the july 7th and i dont have mine eather. all i got is an email saying he printed a shipping lable. that was 4 days ago. and i think i only got that because i sent a POed email but i dont know if its in the mail or not. im close to saying give me my money back and wate for the losi one

ryan,
I am hoping to have them air shipped so I am keeping my fingers crossed for the end of august/beginning of september. Its later than I wanted but it is what it is. We wanted to get them right.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

I would think that a polite concise inquiry would serve you better than a pissed off horrificly spelled email, but to each his own.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Ryan had told me the TLR chassis would release sometime in August.

I'm very happy with the BCE chassis. Being a part time business owner I can tell you that sometimes things just come up and it always seems to take longer than you wish it would. Give Bill a couple days before you send him a nasty note. I seem to remember him saying that he can only run his machine at night and/or on the weekends.

Originally Posted by racerx1920
ryan,
Old 07-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buzz3
Originally Posted by chiro972
Edit - I guess I should just delete that comment. Buzz3 is on to something here. Ridley, you might really consider how you say things. We really don't need to drive away the factory guys. If you think you have to take their comments with a grain of salt, then do so. But keep it to yourself. These guys provide invaluable info for the rest of us and we don't want to see you tick them off to the point they just decide to leave this forum.
i have to side with ridley here. he speaks the truth. first of all, i think we've been told that the final production chassis still had some changes being made to it, so whatever chassis the team guys are saying is proven, is not the chassis that we will be able to buy. secondly, while i would stop short of saying that i would take sponsored/pro guys opinions with a grain of salt, i would say that i have some healthy skepticism versus the rest of us who pay for our stuff. i mean, you're not going to see seething criticism from team guys in an open forum. i don't blame them. i wouldn't want to stop the gravy train either. that's not being dishonest. more of a "if you don't have something nice to say" type of thing.

i certainly don't think we should have to kiss these guys asses so they will grace us with their presence on the forum. nobody is chasing them away. ridley just didn't take the time to add some fluff to make the message more palatable. afterall, these are all just opinions. if you don't like someone's, ignore them. if you truly have an interest in helping losi customers and/or fellow rc'ers, you won't let someone hurting your feelings stop you from doing it...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.