Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ilanstylz
I'm not sure if this has been asked already but from reading the post above, will the wheels from an sc10 4x4 fit the scte? I won't have my scte until next week to test them out (have spares from my sc10 4x4)........
Im gonna try a set of the jc hazzard wheels on my scte.....i know they will make the truck a tad wider but should work well otherwise
Old 03-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by goehm
What chassis are you using? Keep in mind that will make your truck super duper stiff (and my experience has been that that brace doesn't like to have the chassis twist). Seems people are looking to keep some movement in the rear end. The Losi rod seems to do a good job of letting it twist some, while keeping it from bending front to back. Some are using the stock plastic again if they have the BCE. And that brace is cheap, light and works well.

Im using the stock chassis.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
Yeah its kind of hard to see one when only one guy has came on here testing the prototype one. You make no sense, I was helping him with products that are proven. I would rather recommend someone a chassis from brands like TLR or BCE or King Headz that are also about $10 cheaper too, then a company I never heard of till the end of last year. So thanks for your worthless post
Then don't post about it...really simple. "Proven" huh? And you would know that how? BCE wasn't proven either when they first came out. Either was KH or BUMP.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (98%+)

When you race your TEN SCTE, are you using 2S or anything higher?
Old 03-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by larlev
Then don't post about it...really simple. "Proven" huh? And you would know that how? BCE wasn't proven either when they first came out. Either was KH or BUMP.
OOOOps. you are wrong !!! The King Headz chassis was proven and tested by racers at races with GOOD results and now is available to the public, I'm not bashing your product but your facts are not accurate.

Scott
Old 03-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Dude you are truely an idiot. BCE has been making chassis's for how long? Im not talking about the specific chassis for the scte, im talking about products even for other cars. KH has made lots of quality parts for the 8ights. Do you not see where I'm coming from or no? For example I would rather buy a chassis thats from a company thats been making quality parts for a while, LIKE TLR BCE and KH, then this Xtreme company I've never heard of till the end of last year, not trying to bash them but thats me. Plus i wouldnt recommend a cf chassis for a sc.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Yep, I'm the idiot that states something isn't worth a damn without ever even laying eyes on it.
Dude, you need to comment on something you have tried. Who gives a crap if it's just been out recently? Since you think your opinion is so important. Buy a damn chassis and then come on here and give your opinion, until then what you have to say about it means squat.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by shinnbad12
OOOOps. you are wrong !!! The King Headz chassis was proven and tested by racers at races with GOOD results and now is available to the public, I'm not bashing your product but your facts are not accurate.

Scott
I beg to differ. I've owned the Losi as long as most on here. It was new to us on this forum when it first came out. We didn't have any real world experience with it and that is what I was referring to.
I don't recall any racers coming here and giving their feedback....and for the record I run the KH chassis.

Dude was claiming to another poster that the xtreme chassis was junk without ever using one yet alone seeing one himself.

Exactly why the thread has gone seriously downhill. People think they are "so called experts"......reason why many of us stay away. Freakin ridiculous
Old 03-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Yep, I'm the idiot that states something isn't worth a damn without ever even laying eyes on it.
Dude, you need to comment on something you have tried. Who gives a crap if it's just been out recently? Since you think your opinion is so important. Buy a damn chassis and then come on here and give your opinion, until then what you have to say about it means squat.
OMG thats why I was referring him to the others, because they are proven. Would you buy a cf chassis for a scte? I sure as hell wouldn't especially when its like $20+ than the other chassis that are proven and a lot of us race outdoors too. Its common sense, I dont see 1/8 buggys or truggys running cf chassis running outdoors or indoors anywhere here in socal. Thats why there is only 2 companies now that I've heard of that makes CF chassis, SNR and Xtreme racing. If cf chassis were better more people would run them and make them.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

i don't need to see a CF chassis or run one for myself to know that i don't want one on my SCTE, just like i have never run a regular 2 pole 540 or seen one run in this truck to know i don't want it.

doesn't mean someone won't use it and love it. it's just not for me. that's all we're doing here is giving our own opinions. take them for what they're worth.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

I beg to differ. I've owned the Losi as long as most on here. It was new to us on this forum when it first came out. We didn't have any real world experience with it and that is what I was referring to.
I don't recall any racers coming here and giving their feedback....and for the record I run the KH chassis.

Dude was claiming to another poster that the xtreme chassis was junk without ever using one yet alone seeing one himself.

Exactly why the thread has gone seriously downhill. People think they are "so called experts"......reason why many of us stay away. Freakin ridiculous
tell me where i said the chassis is junk? Yeah your right and we had no real world experience of the extreme chassis either. your point?
Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Guys, if you are gonna just scream at each other, please do it via PM.

I raced at the JBRL this weekend and am happy to report that my truck was 55 grams lighter than the most competitive SC10 4x4 this weekend. So much for all the reports of how much lighter it is...made me smile.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
Guys, if you are gonna just scream at each other, please do it via PM.

I raced at the JBRL this weekend and am happy to report that my truck was 55 grams lighter than the most competitive SC10 4x4 this weekend. So much for all the reports of how much lighter it is...made me smile.
Ryan your truck was beyond dialed this weekend..It looks so forgiving
Old 03-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

FYI he has tried the tlr and Bce.

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
tell me where i said the chassis is junk? Yeah your right and we had no real world experience of the extreme chassis either. your point?
Dude don't waste your time with this dude. He did the same crap with me when I said the shock towers were crap when I first started posting here. He said I was spreading false info
Old 03-04-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Hey guys, does the SCTE kit come with the tires premounted or not? I heard that the foams in the stock tires aren't good so I'm planning to order a set of proline foams for the stock tires if the kit comes with the tires unglued. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.