Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hacker07
Hey Guys, one thing of note...If you have purchased a piston pack, you should consider using the #3 pistons from that pack when putting in new pistons in the other end. That way, all of your pistons are starting off from the same time. They do wear some.

That pack gives you two pins and two couplers and two set screws, much better than having to buy a whole driveshaft which is the other option. The pins themselves are the same all over the truck with the exception of the notch for the set screw. So, if you have extra driveshaft pins or diff pins, you could try to grind a notch or use the sleeve with no setscrew but thats up to you.
yeah I didn't think about replacing the #3 pistons right off the bat. I didn't even run my car yet, before I replaced the rears with #4's so I didn't bother changing the fronts.

And you beat me to the to the pins comment, However I did find this
http://www.rctech.net/forum/9730698-post21320.html

which one seems to be for center and and one for both the front and rear. From the pictures it looks like the couplers are different, but it could just be the angle of the picture. Both parts # are $5.00 bucks I don't know if you can get much cheaper. However I guess if you had at your disposal the right size drill blanks you could try to cut one to size.

Looks like the product descriptions and pics dont show the set screw and notch, but I assume that is an old picture and its a running part change.

Woody
Old 04-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddomak
Hi,

I have read this thread daily for the last year or so, and it has finally happened to me - the small pin in the centre driveshaft coupler has snapped.

I have done a search on the thread and can't find any results. Is there any suitable replacement for the pin alone without needing to buy the whole of LOSB3556 - Centre CV Driveshaft couplers?

Thanks!

kingheadz CVD pin retainer and boot set...I havent tried it but this is on a post i found back a couple of pages. sorry dont have the part number

Last edited by chucko; 04-01-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chucko
kingheadz CVD pin retainer and boot set...I havent tried it but this is on a post.. if you need it google it or do what I did and read a few pages
These are very good. I have them and no pb.

Was at the track yesterday.
Rough, rocky, and dusty... Not the best but could anyway try my recently purchased 3s 5000maH 35C (MMP Pro SCT + 1415 2400Kv) - punch to 20%, cutoff at 3.5V, 0 timing: the car now really shows its potential. Front and Rear 30w, Diffs 5/5/3. Medium springs Front, Soft Rear.
Again the track is very rough (will try to post a video) but I am really happy; I have not the hang of BL (vs. nitro with my 8IGHT 2.0) but on 3s, the 1415 gives its real potential also. LOTS of torque and plenty of top end. Pinion 19T. Waiting for EliteRc motor mount to go up... ;-)
Temps were really good: motor 63C, ESC 42C, LiPo 33C under the sun and outside temp 22C.
We do not have rules here... I mean we do but no 2s no 3s thing...
Last couple of laps though I did loose control in the main straight and hit a pole with the rear right side: the adjustable rear hinge pin set (TLR kit version) snapped and bent the A-Arm. Ran to the shop and got extra rear hinge pin set (Rear) and also changed left A-Arm and hinge pin as the rear was getting a bit stiff.
I am surprised the truck did not break more parts as the shock was really impressive.
All in all I am very happy with the durability, the driving (really does handle like an 8IGHT 2.0) and the BL combo.
Best,
V
Attached Thumbnails Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread-06-kingheadz-arbre.jpg  
Old 04-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zonked
which is better and runs cooler?
Well since you're asking between the Novak Ballistic and the Tekin Pro4...Between those two, Pro4 hands down. I've seen so many people blow up Novak's that it's not even funny. They run hotter, have less torque, less top end AND are heavier. The Ballistic was one of the first 550 can motors to hit the shelves as SC began to get more popular and were a very good choice at the time, but as technology caught up with the needs of the heavier 4wd SC's, we got motors like the Pro4 as well as a few others. I know some people still run the Ballistic and are happy with them, but in my opinion, they're just inferior in every way to the Tekin Pro4 motors. I have a friend who has a ballistic and keeps blowing them up. I keep telling him to change motors and I ask him why he doesn't. His answer is always because Novak is right down the street and they keep giving him new ones. Ok, fine, but what about the 2 weeks of racing that you keep missing every month or two while you're waiting to get your motor back. He's also had the same problem with their ESC's. It's almost comical now.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Well since you're asking between the Novak Ballistic and the Tekin Pro4...Between those two, Pro4 hands down. I've seen so many people blow up Novak's that it's not even funny. They run hotter, have less torque, less top end AND are heavier. The Ballistic was one of the first 550 can motors to hit the shelves as SC began to get more popular and were a very good choice at the time, but as technology caught up with the needs of the heavier 4wd SC's, we got motors like the Pro4 as well as a few others. I know some people still run the Ballistic and are happy with them, but in my opinion, they're just inferior in every way to the Tekin Pro4 motors. I have a friend who has a ballistic and keeps blowing them up. I keep telling him to change motors and I ask him why he doesn't. His answer is always because Novak is right down the street and they keep giving him new ones. Ok, fine, but what about the 2 weeks of racing that you keep missing every month or two while you're waiting to get your motor back. He's also had the same problem with their ESC's. It's almost comical now.
Never seen any problem with novak motors only their esc's smoking.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Cult Racing
Never seen any problem with novak motors only their esc's smoking.
Novak ESC's are a joke.
Ive seen 3 in 1 day at my local track go up in smoke.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default any reviews????

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-2mm-Top-Plate

Has any one seen it on the track? how did it stand up?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-2mm-Top-Plate

Has any one seen it on the track? how did it stand up?
Originally Posted by symmetricon
Went to the track today to test out the team xtreme carbon chassis. When i put the chassis together, there was no instructions as to what kind of chassis brace to run, so i opted to not run a front or rear brace due to the design tieing the front middle and rear of the truck with the upper chassis section(felt plenty stiff enough). I weighed the truck in the shop on their shipping scale, and the truck weighed 5lbs 7oz with battery and wheels mounted super light. with the body on it, it weighed 5lbs 14oz. I did notice that the chassis wasnt balanced and was light on the battery side, so i added 1oz between the front and rear.

On the track the truck felt very light, responsive and nimble, and also more twitchy. I did manage to run my fastest lap ever, a 33.3. I also managed to break the top upper chassis piece( nosedived the huge tripple)

so after that, I decided to put the front chassi brace, and also the short rear stock brace. After that, no more problems, and the truck felt great. i just got home and decided to dremel the broken side of the top deck(team xtreme sell a short topdeck anyways)

So, buyer beware: use the front chassi brace if you buy the team extreme chassis. Other that that, its rock solid ( cased, and nose-dived the tripples without any other chassis issues)

If you are looking to get as light as possible, then this chassis is for you!

There is no point to that brace besides making it harder to work on the truck imo... Also it snaps at the front by one of the pics a guy posted a couple pages back.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Master

outside of the original break how is it holding up?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josey Wales
How is everyone breaking in new LIPO's ?
Any feedback on break in process.
currently have new 6.6 nanos
Originally Posted by BashemSmashem
You don't have too break in Lipo batteries

If anything, Stick to 1C for the first few charges. After that, What ever the pack is rated to.

Hybrid chassis's like this have known to be problematic in the past. But there again this is a New product and there are probably Very few that have posted reviews or even had enough time on the chassis to give any feedback.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Integra
If anything, Stick to 1C for the first few charges. After that, What ever the pack is rated to.

Hybrid chassis's like this have known to be problematic in the past. But there again this is a New product and there are probably Very few that have posted reviews or even had enough time on the chassis to give any feedback.
so which machined chassis is the lightest?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Excellent. I really like this setup. And the original breakage was due to me not running and front chassis brace. As I said before, I am 100% confident that it would not have brken if i had originally run wit the front brace on.

I had a race on saturday, and put may packs through it without any issue whatsoever. Took second in our HARC series at the rivertrack( super loose and dry). The truck handled amazingly. And as far as being harder to work on, give ma a break, a couple more screws takes 5-10 more seconds with an electric driver and bits. I was worried how the carbon fibre would wear on the track, but after 2 days, it is virtually unscathed.

I also have the kingheadz chassis( also great ) and by switching chassis, I lost around 5oz of the truck. If you wanted to go with a light weight setup, I am posative you could get to 5.5lbs(5lbs 8oz)rtr with this chassis, titanium hingpins, turnbuckles and screws, and carbonfibre shocktowers. You may be even able to go lighter. I really REALLY like this chassis!

One thing to note, I really needed to make some setup changes with how light the truck is,which I didnt get time to do.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I put the kingheadz on mine and have not had any more center cvd promblems
Old 04-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Well, it seems that the TLR chassis has bent on me. It bent downwards though, which is weird.

Does TLR offer replacements for this anyone know?
Old 04-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Excellent. I really like this setup. And the original breakage was due to me not running and front chassis brace. As I said before, I am 100% confident that it would not have brken if i had originally run wit the front brace on.

I had a race on saturday, and put may packs through it without any issue whatsoever. Took second in our HARC series at the rivertrack( super loose and dry). The truck handled amazingly. And as far as being harder to work on, give ma a break, a couple more screws takes 5-10 more seconds with an electric driver and bits. I was worried how the carbon fibre would wear on the track, but after 2 days, it is virtually unscathed.

I also have the kingheadz chassis( also great ) and by switching chassis, I lost around 5oz of the truck. If you wanted to go with a light weight setup, I am posative you could get to 5.5lbs(5lbs 8oz)rtr with this chassis, titanium hingpins, turnbuckles and screws, and carbonfibre shocktowers. You may be even able to go lighter. I really REALLY like this chassis!

One thing to note, I really needed to make some setup changes with how light the truck is,which I didnt get time to do.
Had fun running with ya this weekend....look forward to our next encounter!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.