Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread >

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
14-15 should be the range for that motor.
Ok Thank You.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

And if that is the culprit then open up the rear gear box and make sure when you put it back on that the sun gear is tight to the ring gear when you tighten the rear center drive shaft back on.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big kid 37
Any one running a Tekin SC4X 4.5 with the stock speed control that comes in the RTR kit. If so what are you running for gearing on med to large dirt track.
Thank You Ron
Esc settings are
punch off
timing 5
smart sense
torque control 9.0
brake 30
temps on 14 40 gears on a 100 by 70 size track are 176
hope that helps and its the rtr esc rebadge mmp
Old 07-31-2013, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eddomak
Alternatively the pin may have broken or come out of the dogbone. Same effect.

Check by:
1) Remove shell
2) Switch everything on
3) Putting the rear wheels on the ground whilst the front is off the ground. Hold the truck still.
4) Gently apply throttle

Does the centre to rear shaft still spin? If so, it is likely to be somewhere on the rear to centre driveshaft.

Did how do you say, rear shaft spinning but wheels not.. What is broken?
Old 07-31-2013, 08:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Just got my used RTR roller in the mail yesterday and I've started rebuilding it with everything I ordered. Only thing I have a question about is the rod ends and pivot balls, one of the rear rods end pops off the pivot ball when you apply a little bit of force. I want to keep some of the losi slop in the truck, but when do you decide to start replacing pivot balls and rod ends?

Also is there any upgrade or DIY upgrade other than the HA pivot balls from losi?
Old 08-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kilbatrosas
Did how do you say, rear shaft spinning but wheels not.. What is broken?
Rear shaft pin? Just open it and check.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
Just got my used RTR roller in the mail yesterday and I've started rebuilding it with everything I ordered. Only thing I have a question about is the rod ends and pivot balls, one of the rear rods end pops off the pivot ball when you apply a little bit of force. I want to keep some of the losi slop in the truck, but when do you decide to start replacing pivot balls and rod ends?

Also is there any upgrade or DIY upgrade other than the HA pivot balls from losi?
Losi slop, stuff of legends. If it pops off I would say you should change asap. If the I would change the steering ones as soon as there's slop and it will be soon. And the rest when the slop is noticable.
I didn't have success with the HA-balls they bound up so much that the links didn't fall even after lots of runs tried also Traxxas long links like someone had but the screw diameter was smaller.

Last edited by nanoverse; 08-01-2013 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Rear shaft pin? Just open it and check.

Checked. Nothing is broken
Old 08-01-2013, 01:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kilbatrosas
Checked. Nothing is broken
Quick checks:

1) So you tightened down the set screw onto the flat part (and not the round part) of shaft that sticks out of the rear gearbox?

2) So you checked the pin inside the red circle that you had drawn (ie not the pin on the end next to the centre diff)? Did you remove the plastic ring and check to make sure the pin is not broken? Sometimes it may still look like it is in place but it may have a break in it.

2) Remove the centre-rear driveshaft, exposing stub that sticks out of the rear diff (sorry I don't know the technical name). Can you turn that by hand if the rear wheels are stopped?
Old 08-01-2013, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by eddomak
Quick checks:

1) So you tightened down the set screw onto the flat part (and not the round part) of shaft that sticks out of the rear gearbox?

2) So you checked the pin inside the red circle that you had drawn (ie not the pin on the end next to the centre diff)? Did you remove the plastic ring and check to make sure the pin is not broken? Sometimes it may still look like it is in place but it may have a break in it.

2) Remove the centre-rear driveshaft, exposing stub that sticks out of the rear diff (sorry I don't know the technical name). Can you turn that by hand if the rear wheels are stopped?
1) Yes, tightened set screw onto the flat part.
2) Checked, but not removed plastic ring
3) Yes, i can turn it by hand.

EDIT: I CAN'T REMOVE THIS PLASTIC RING. HOW TO DO it?

Last edited by Kilbatrosas; 08-01-2013 at 02:51 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Default Warranty question

Hi Ryan or Casper,
I sent a few emails through the official Horizon Hobby channel about an old gearbox I recieved from my local hobbyshop. Casper said that it is the older Ten-T version and that's why I couldn't attach my front bumper. Took me long enough to figure it out though.

Well now after my reply I haven't gotten back to as to resolve the issue or anything. My ticket #75,946.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by nanoverse
Losi slop, stuff of legends. If it pops off I would say you should change asap. If the I would change the steering ones as soon as there's slop and it will be soon. And the rest when the slop is noticable.
I didn't have success with the HA-balls they bound up so much that the links didn't fall even after lots of runs tried also Traxxas long links like someone had but the screw diameter was smaller.
Thank you for the info, I got a chance to mess around with the front end last night during my rebuild, and the front steering ones pop off on the knuckles. Looks like I will be doing a mad dash to find ball studs and ends before I go racing.

I may have to order the HA ball studs, finding parts for this truck can be tricky in my area.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Talking Hard Ballz

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
Thank you for the info, I got a chance to mess around with the front end last night during my rebuild, and the front steering ones pop off on the knuckles. Looks like I will be doing a mad dash to find ball studs and ends before I go racing.

I may have to order the HA ball studs, finding parts for this truck can be tricky in my area.
For sure get HD ballz and new ends dont change one with out the other.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by XXXDad
For sure get HD ballz and new ends dont change one with out the other.
For sure, no way I plan to buy regular ball studs and rod ends to end up ordering the HA's. The sloppy ones on the truck right know should be good for 1 more day of racing.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

SLOP = Secret Losi Overtaking Power

Just saying......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.