Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Location: Currently live in southern AZ, or closer to northern Mexico if your a realist.
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default DOOOOH!!!

Originally Posted by froggie22
The Trackstar is made by Turnigy and sold by HobbyKing.
HobbyWing is a completly different brand (which this thread is on).

Thats why you couldn't find it by searching.

The Trackstar esc's lack quality and features.
The hobbywing stuff is great quality and great value. I would take a look at some of the hobbywing stuff instead of the Trackstar (hobbyking) stuff.

As for the question, sorry I don't have the answer for that one. It should have the instructions in the manual.
And that would be egg on my face! Thanks for the education. I'll def look into their gear when I upgrade to go from novice to more competitive stock and mod racing.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sonspit
both are v2.1 escs and im using the latest pc program version downloaded from falcon sekido.v3.3.
this is the firmware the esc came with V103_130806_Beta. im not sure if thats a older version... i hope it is.. because im using a 6pole motor and reading the info on the web lately the newest firmware has issues with 4-6pole motors (i know the older firmware had no issues). so im worried to use my rc (havent driven in a while).. dont want to damage brand new goods... do you know if this firmware is older version?
Well I hooked everything up and ran it on the bench .... Seemed fine.. But can anyone tell me if the firmware is a older version and about how old is it?
Thx in advance
Old 11-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Well I hooked everything up and ran it on the bench .... Seemed fine.. But can anyone tell me if the firmware is a older version and about how old is it?
Thx in advance
Its the new version but after an extensive testing program i did find that 60% of all sensored motors from alot of manufacturers are not shimmed properly from factory thus the rotors alignment to the sensor board hall sensors is way out.Many make the mistake of not shimming after swapping to different rotors or after maintenance.

The hobbywing esc's and the software are not designed to be on/off switches like other esc's they are designed to be linear racing esc's so all basics must be met for the esc's to function as they should .

Remember many brushless motor factories in china dont liase with escs factorys and are more copy a product and sell etc.They understand how to manufacture the motor but not to design the motor to work like it should.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I purchased a new v3.1 last week and installed it today in a new buggy. When I went to plug the battery in the capacitor board got fire red and was smoking. I unsoldered the capacitor and the speedo came on fine. Any ones input would be great. It sucks being brand new and already having problems. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ronallen
I purchased a new v3.1 last week and installed it today in a new buggy. When I went to plug the battery in the capacitor board got fire red and was smoking. I unsoldered the capacitor and the speedo came on fine. Any ones input would be great. It sucks being brand new and already having problems. Thanks.
Maybe a spike from your battery pack damaged the cap or im sure just a faulty cap board which shorted.Just replace the cap board and it will be fine.

Can you please send me a photo of the cap board to [email protected]
Old 11-30-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ok thanks.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Its the new version but after an extensive testing program i did find that 60% of all sensored motors from alot of manufacturers are not shimmed properly from factory thus the rotors alignment to the sensor board hall sensors is way out.Many make the mistake of not shimming after swapping to different rotors or after maintenance.

The hobbywing esc's and the software are not designed to be on/off switches like other esc's they are designed to be linear racing esc's so all basics must be met for the esc's to function as they should .

Remember many brushless motor factories in china dont liase with escs factorys and are more copy a product and sell etc.They understand how to manufacture the motor but not to design the motor to work like it should.
Ok thanks for the response.. I run a sensorless 6pole motor.. Is this firmware ok with that? Thats my concern.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Ok thanks for the response.. I run a sensorless 6pole motor.. Is this firmware ok with that? Thats my concern.
No issue but you will not be able to run turbo timing.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

what's a good esc/motor combo for 1/10th 4WD buggy? track size is medium to large indoor. thanks!
Old 11-30-2013, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pword
what's a good esc/motor combo for 1/10th 4WD buggy? track size is medium to large indoor. thanks!
Zero timing the justock esc is a good unit can run down to a 8.5T.

Turbo timing the stock spec or the v3.1 120 amp is perfect runs down to 3.5T but also csn run in zero timing mode.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

No issue but you will not be able to run turbo timing.
Perfect! Thank you.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Turbo timing the stock spec or the v3.1 120 amp is perfect runs down to 3.5T but also csn run in zero timing mode.
Theres Cobra! +1
Old 11-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

I have a 4068 2250kv sensored motor, what size bearings are in it? I'd like to replace them.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

thanks for the super quick response.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default This is a great setup for 4WD Buggy!

Originally Posted by pword
This is the combo I would suggest for a 4WD Buggy, this is what I run in my B44.2 and it is ultra smooth and killer fast!

XERUN 120 Amp V3.1 ESC
XERUN V10 6.5 Turn Brushless Motor

If you don't have it I would pick up the programming box as well as they are amazing and can program any setting you need pitside without a laptop!

Good Luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.