Search
Like Tree192Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crocco6413
See if someone in your area has one, there fairly common, also you said you installed a BEC, by novak, are you sure your not talking about a voltage cap, because I am not sure Novak makes a BEC, I could be wrong, a BEC is soldered into power and wiring configurations have to be changed, a cap is something that plugs into the receiver..
Must have been a voltage cap then, plugs into the receiver. Starting to wonder if I shouldn't just buy a nicer esc
Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Resqnu
Must have been a voltage cap then, plugs into the receiver. Starting to wonder if I shouldn't just buy a nicer esc

PM< sent
Old 03-24-2014, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I have a Hobbywing 120a v2.1 esc that has a pause right at full throttle. The motor runs smooth up until just about full throttle then it pauses for a second then has what seems like an extra burst of power. I have tried two different motors and they do the same thing. I am running sensored 7.5 and 8.5 turn. Is this a setting problem? is it normal? I would like it to be smooth throttle from start to finish if possible.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jay13
I have a Hobbywing 120a v2.1 esc that has a pause right at full throttle. The motor runs smooth up until just about full throttle then it pauses for a second then has what seems like an extra burst of power. I have tried two different motors and they do the same thing. I am running sensored 7.5 and 8.5 turn. Is this a setting problem? is it normal? I would like it to be smooth throttle from start to finish if possible.
Sounds like you have turbo on and setup poorly , or you need to re-calibrate your ESC to your reviever.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jay13
Post your settings
Old 03-24-2014, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
Post your settings
I have never hooked it up to my computer, only the program box and I just changed it to fwd/brk/rev and upped the lipo cut voltage. It is at the factory settings other than those two things.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I thought I would post this to possibly help others. I have a Tekno SC410 SCT powered by a Hobbywing SCT Pro 120 amp ESC with the 4700 motor (Combo). I had issues with the truck basically shutting down after about four minutes. I originally had my batteries set for 3.2 volts and brought them down to 3.0 volts and then 2.8 volts. I also reduced the pinion from 16 to 15. I don't think the latter two were the culprit. I was running drag brake at 20%. I dropped the drag brake down to 10% now. Throughout the process i was temping my ESC, Motor, and batteries. At present, My ESC is at 142 degrees with the fan engage at the end of a hard street run with lots of high speed runs, my motor is about ten degrees less, and my batteries are at about 105 degrees. I have SMC 7200 mah batteries...good c level too...purchased a few weeks ago... I think this solved the problem as my car did not seem to stop like before... (Before it would stop.. then a minute later I could go full speed...) As stated, I think it's a ESC heat issue which reducing the drag brake appears to fix the problem.... I will continue to tinker with it and see if I can get the ESC temps down by somehow providing more airflow to the esc. I may even try to move the ESC to the rear of the car.... As it sits now, it is in the front and the airflow gets blocked as I used two sides to stick my wonderful 3m mounting tape....
Old 03-24-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp
I thought I would post this to possibly help others. I have a Tekno SC410 SCT powered by a Hobbywing SCT Pro 120 amp ESC with the 4700 motor (Combo). I had issues with the truck basically shutting down after about four minutes. I originally had my batteries set for 3.2 volts and brought them down to 3.0 volts and then 2.8 volts. I also reduced the pinion from 16 to 15. I don't think the latter two were the culprit. I was running drag brake at 20%. I dropped the drag brake down to 10% now. Throughout the process i was temping my ESC, Motor, and batteries. At present, My ESC is at 142 degrees with the fan engage at the end of a hard street run with lots of high speed runs, my motor is about ten degrees less, and my batteries are at about 105 degrees. I have SMC 7200 mah batteries...good c level too...purchased a few weeks ago... I think this solved the problem as my car did not seem to stop like before... (Before it would stop.. then a minute later I could go full speed...) As stated, I think it's a ESC heat issue which reducing the drag brake appears to fix the problem.... I will continue to tinker with it and see if I can get the ESC temps down by somehow providing more airflow to the esc. I may even try to move the ESC to the rear of the car.... As it sits now, it is in the front and the airflow gets blocked as I used two sides to stick my wonderful 3m mounting tape....
I had the same issue with one of my SCT pros that was brand new, except mine was in my ebuggy. After about 4 mins it would stop for about 45 seconds them I could go again. I thought it was Lvc at first but I turned it off and got the same result. Then I tried a bec thinking it could be brownout but still had the same issue. My temps were only like 120-125 so it wasn't heat. Ultimately I ended up just putting in my other SCT pro and the problem was gone so I think it could just be an issue right out of the box with some of the SCT pros. I didn't really bother me much since they are only $89 and IMO the SCT pro is the BEST 1/8 buggy esc. I've tried tekin, castle, and the HW 150 but none of them work as well as the SCT pro.
Old 03-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi
There has been some talk on this thread that if you normally program thru the fan port that you need to also unplug the esc from the receiver because the esc isn't sensing the neutral correctly.
Excellent. That worked.
I appreciate the info.

Aaron.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Just got a new truck with an ezrun 150a I've gone through the calibration a few times. The throttle neutral forward and backward poisitons. Once it's complete the truck has full throttle going forward and I can't control it at all. Any ideas?
Old 03-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gvm23
Just got a new truck with an ezrun 150a I've gone through the calibration a few times. The throttle neutral forward and backward poisitons. Once it's complete the truck has full throttle going forward and I can't control it at all. Any ideas?
Do you have the throttle channel on the radio set to reversed, as recommended I believe, before you calibrate the ESC?
Old 03-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tijuana_Taxi
Do you have the throttle channel on the radio set to reversed, as recommended I believe, before you calibrate the ESC?

Yes I've tried it both ways.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
First check to make sure your battery plugs are tight fitting, then manually set your battery cell count on the settings then set your LVC to 3.0 and report back.......
Paul
cheers mate

ill give that a go and let you know
Old 03-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default HW Firmware update

Just got my hand on a LCD card. I need to update my firmware for the issues stated above in the thread. I'm having a hard time finding out how to upgrade the firmware. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also, can you use a mac?
Old 03-24-2014, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Resqnu
Just got my hand on a LCD card. I need to update my firmware for the issues stated above in the thread. I'm having a hard time finding out how to upgrade the firmware. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also, can you use a mac?
Not sure on the MAC. But download the software onto your computer. Then hook the card to the ESC, and the card to the computer. When you pick update firmware, it will have the choices that are available for your esc.

Any questions as your doing it just ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.