Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD >

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Like Tree194Likes

HOBBYWING TECH SUPPORT 1/8 & 1/10 OFF ROAD

Old 05-22-2018, 07:31 PM
Be6
Tech Rookie

Hi, Iím having an issue getting V4 XR10 pro stock. Itís been running great for a few months. I switched it to another car, shortened motor and cap wires. Started up fine, fan worked, but then esc turned off by itself after 2secs. Now when I start it the led turns solid red, fan no longer runs, steering unresponsive. Iíve checked the receiver on another esc and itís fine. ESC wire wasnít plugged in backwards. If I hold start button down to reset it will blink and chirp constantly as normal but once i click button again it will turn off rather than going through reset process. Have I fried it somehow during soldering? Thanks in advance
Old 05-24-2018, 03:16 AM
Be6
Tech Rookie

Hi,
Iím having an issue with my Hobbywing XR10 pro stock V4. It was working great until I switched it to a new car. I shortened the motor and cap wires. Powered it up as normal, fan started, LED blinking. 2secs later it shut down by itself. Started up again but no fan and LED turned solid red. No motor power, no steering response. Power wire and motor wires are connected correctly

Have also tried without luck;
-Different receiver
-New sensor cable
-New motor
-ESC also will no longer go into calibration mode. Hold down on button, blinks and chirps, press again then LED turns off and then wonít restart without unplugging and replugging in batt.
-removed cap

Am I doing something wrong or have I possibly fried it while soldering somehow?
Old 05-24-2018, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Be6, I don't have that particular ESC model, but solid red LED seems normal (idle throttle), so no protection modes activated which I suppose is a good sign. As for the rest... well, assuming you didn't short-circuit anything - you should've smelled/seen smoke if that happened - it's hard to say why nothing's working. I suppose it's possible if the wires got hot enough that heat damaged the inside of the ESC, but that's hard to accomplish I'd say (otherwise I probably would've fried every ESC I ever soldered wires to).

Do you have a programming card for it? If so, can you access the settings? If you can, perhaps try resetting them? Maybe even try a different software version via USB if available? I'm not sure how any of that would solve such a weird situation, but can't hurt at that point.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:26 AM
Be6
Tech Rookie

Thanks Tvih, I’ve got a program box ordered so I’ll give that a try and hopefully get it going. The manual suggests that LED solid red I ma mean I plugged power wire in backwards, but It was definitely the right way around. I’m starting to think I might have placed the speedo too close to the motor and the esc wires where they connect to the esc itself touched the motor and shorted out... Dang. It was close but didn’t think it was touching
Old 05-25-2018, 02:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

I guess it's possible but had the wires shorted, you should have seen sparks and whatnot, assuming the body was off and all that. Of note is that I have two (non-HW) ESCs that apparently shorted and smoked, but both still give steering, fan and calibration/programming access. Even stutter to the engine, actually. But at least one of the two I think gets quite hot just from being turned on. Bottom line is neither went completely unresponsive. Third, most recent "dead" ESC lost throttle too, there was no external short at least but don't know internally. As with the others, it still works except throttle.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can anyone confirm that V3.1_121130_BETA doesn't have data logging or am I doing something wrong? Just installed my wifi module and had to update to the lastest version then went down to V3.1_121130_BETA cause I needed the boost start rpm parameter to get my old target rpm back but seems like there no data logging for it.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Does anybody have a HobbyWing Direct coupon? Thanks.
Old 05-25-2018, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Does anybody have a HobbyWing Direct coupon? Thanks.
These are very old, but probably still work: https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/coll...s/new-arrivals

Good luck!
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flamingtire
These are very old, but probably still work: https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/coll...s/new-arrivals

Good luck!
They did work. I used them yesterday after not seeing any posts here. But I saved $25 on the AXE system. Thank you.
Old 05-26-2018, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Have xr8 sct speeder..The power switch came loose and was torn off. The wire (4 wires double red) is still in tact into the ESC.

I believe the replacement is HWI30850005. How do I replace? Take esc top off and solder inside esc?
Old 05-27-2018, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've just bought a Quicrun BL10 120A thinking it was a re-edition of the legendary Xerun V2.1 120A (same form, same box, same "power") but then I discover a crappy software in it, handling variable timing but in a crappy way... Is there a way to flash the old software in the BL10? Would be a great improvement...
Old 05-27-2018, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well, aside from the name the price alone should've been a clue that it's not gonna be a Xerun feature-wise... And always check the manual before buying to make sure what programming options an ESC has. It's not the same internally so you can't put a Xerun firmware in there. For a cheap "Xerun V2.1" you'd have to go with Hobbyking X-Car 120A, it uses HW FW and even the programming card. Unfortunately mine died (lost throttle for some reason) in a bit over two weeks of use, but others have had more luck with it.

Personally so far I've found the Quicrun 120A very nice in my rock buggy as well as 2WD mod SCT, despite the limited programming options (frankly I rarely use the "advanced" stuff anyway). Although the low voltage cutoff is rather wonky compared to all the other ESCs I've used, if I set it at 3.4V per cell, it started intermittently cutting throttle with well over half of battery capacity remaining. Had to set it back to 3.0V. That oddity aside, the only problem with it for me is that you can't change the motor rotation direction, which the rock buggy would've benefited from (I ended up calibrating "in reverse" as a workaround).
Old 05-28-2018, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

I thought I would ask here.

Any user ever used the XR10 Pro & the Sanwa Pro Gen2 Vortex? Care to share the differences between the two? I am talking about blinky 13.5t motor/class.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:47 AM
Be6
Tech Rookie

Would i notice any performance difference between a XR10 Juststock and XR10 Pro stock for blinky 21.5 touring car racing on high grip carpet, med track? Or is the Pro stock only worth it if you're running boosted?
Old 05-29-2018, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Smile

Originally Posted by Be6
Would i notice any performance difference between a XR10 Juststock and XR10 Pro stock for blinky 21.5 touring car racing on high grip carpet, med track? Or is the Pro stock only worth it if you're running boosted?
pro stock is about the same in blinky but if you plan to move up in class later on you be better off with the pro that way you just buy one esc for all classes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.