Like Tree3Likes

Hobbywing Justock esc

Old 04-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by columbia-mk2 View Post
I fin my car with a bit less top speed than other cars with same final ratio, and not so good punch.

With the three cables attached to the motor, i find two of them a bit loose so i tried to bend a bit the male conectors, and then the car felt as fast as the others with higher punch out of the corners.

Have anybody experienced this issue? I think i solved the problem, but i don΄t like this solution very much, it should work 100% right out of the box withou any modification.

Thanks!!
I had the same thing. The connectors on the motor have their tollerances and some fit tighter then others. I used a knife and stuck the tip under the strands on the male connector to bend the strands more outwards. It made it a tighter fit.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
That isn't normal...
Check all your connectors are good (re-solder the motor tab's), change the sensor wire, and re-calibrate your hand-set to the ESC.

HiH
Ed
I've done all that i've been in the hobby for 25 years thinking i got a wrongly labeled esc
Old 06-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Acceleration issues

I'm also having inconsistent acceleration from this just-stock ESC. I had tekin RS w/ same car/motor/battery and everything worked well.

I noticed motor was cogging a little, replaced sensor wire and acceleration got better. But the ESC is not consistent.

I noticed not all the pins on the ESC for the sensor cable are the same length. I counted 2-3 short pins. Is this a manufacturing defect?

Anyone have more ideas to try?
Old 06-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ICEMAN96 View Post
I just got a just stock and no matter where i set the punch if you go full throttle from a stop it will go slow for about 10-15 ft then just take off or if your going through a turn and if you are at the right speed it will act like you full throttle. makes it very hard to drive
I get this same problem changed sensor wire and it's better, but the ESC is hacving issues reading sensor information. I had Tekin RS and never had any issues w/ same car/motor/battery combo.

Anyone has found correcting action on this? I noticed sensor pins on ESC are not all the same length. I think (2 or 3) are shorter. Is this a factory defect?
Old 06-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

Anyone know how to get brakes on this speedo? Will changing the power cap to a larger or multi cap unit help?
Old 06-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
Anyone know how to get brakes on this speedo? Will changing the power cap to a larger or multi cap unit help?
Upgrade the firmware to the latest hobbywing stock, 508.

Yes the firmware can be updated via a programmer box and pc.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Just wanted to give an update:

I reflashed the ESC w/ the 508 no timing software. Ran the car for a couple of hours on the track, maybe 10 times total. Acceleratation issues seem to have gone away. I'm happy with the ESC, it sure is not holding me back in any way.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ICEMAN96 View Post
I just got a just stock and no matter where i set the punch if you go full throttle from a stop it will go slow for about 10-15 ft then just take off or if your going through a turn and if you are at the right speed it will act like you full throttle. makes it very hard to drive
Originally Posted by ERIC-TC View Post
I get this same problem changed sensor wire and it's better, but the ESC is hacving issues reading sensor information. I had Tekin RS and never had any issues w/ same car/motor/battery combo.

Anyone has found correcting action on this? I noticed sensor pins on ESC are not all the same length. I think (2 or 3) are shorter. Is this a factory defect?
Just purchased and ran the Justock this past weekend. I had the same issue mentioned above. Coming onto the straight, the car would have a long delay before accelerating. Has there been a fix to this issue? Really like the feel of it until the problem came up.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
Just purchased and ran the Justock this past weekend. I had the same issue mentioned above. Coming onto the straight, the car would have a long delay before accelerating. Has there been a fix to this issue? Really like the feel of it until the problem came up.
Did someone give you a solution or figure it out on your own?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Did you try switching to the 508 firmware?
Old 10-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

i been running the justock esc in vta,usgt & 17.5 for a cheap esc..(price)..this baby can hold its own...i love the face it only got 1 throttle setting..punch!..i turn it all the way up & man it came alive...the only thing i dont like is the weak brakes...but other then that...i was turning the same times as ppl running..tekins..mamba max pros..sxx..gtb2's & others..you cant go wrong for 50bucks
Old 10-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by padailey View Post
Did someone give you a solution or figure it out on your own?
Changed back to the Thunder Power motor and haven't had the issue any more.

Originally Posted by lewis110 View Post
Did you try switching to the 508 firmware?
Already on there.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
I found out with my Tekin some motors are sensitive to sensor board power. I was running a D3.5 and it would cutout every once in awhile. This week at IIC I found out the sensor voltage being supplied by my Tekin was low, somehow it was damaged and not delivering the normal voltage, it was only 3 volts instead of 6v.

This may not be the issue but it's worth looking at. Here's the pin out.

Pin #1 – black wire, ground
Pin #2 – orange wire, sensor phase C
Pin #3 – white wire, sensor phase B
Pin #4 – green wire, sensor phase A
Pin #5 – blue wire, motor temperature sensing
Pin #6 – red wire, +5.0 V ± 10%

The other issue could be the motor returning a sensor voltage outside the range that the Justock is programmed for. I had this issues with a LRP x12 motor. Hobbywing did release a fix for this issue. Make sure your running 508_no_timing_v3.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Qatmix View Post
Here is a link to my review of the esc. It's very good as a stock esc.
I am new to RC. What is a "stock" ESC?
Old 01-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

hey guys, I will be ordering this esc in a week or two from falconsekido.com is thAt a good place to get it from? also will be getting a LCD programmer with it. I will be putting it in a b4.2 once I get that as well haha anyways will this esc work with a reedy sonic 17.5 and tq sensor wire? I want a good reliable esc that is on th cheaper side and I really like this one all around I just don't want too be disappointed. any help will be greatly appreciated. and also can it be programmed without the LCD card? like just through the esc to program brAkes and voltage cutoff etc ?

Last edited by rcduder; 01-17-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service