Hobbywing Justock esc >

Hobbywing Justock esc

Like Tree4Likes

Hobbywing Justock esc

Old 01-18-2013, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcduder
hey guys, I will be ordering this esc in a week or two from falconsekido.com is thAt a good place to get it from? also will be getting a LCD programmer with it. I will be putting it in a b4.2 once I get that as well haha anyways will this esc work with a reedy sonic 17.5 and tq sensor wire? I want a good reliable esc that is on th cheaper side and I really like this one all around I just don't want too be disappointed. any help will be greatly appreciated. and also can it be programmed without the LCD card? like just through the esc to program brAkes and voltage cutoff etc ?
That is the place to get it from. You'll have no problems with a 17.5. You can program it via pushing the setup button, like a Novak, but its a pain. The LCD is the right way to do it. I have 5 of them now and not a single glitch. My only complaint was brakes. It could use more brakes especially when geared really tall.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
That is the place to get it from. You'll have no problems with a 17.5. You can program it via pushing the setup button, like a Novak, but its a pain. The LCD is the right way to do it. I have 5 of them now and not a single glitch. My only complaint was brakes. It could use more brakes especially when geared really tall.
ok sweet thanks so if i was too get an lcd later down the road i would be fine with just tuning it through the setup button ? im used too tuning the lrp esc's via the setup buttons, so it wouldn't bother me that much
Old 01-18-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Brakes have finally been fixed. Download the latest software from Hobbywings website. I had the same problem and had removed all my Justocks from my cars. Now there back.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Brakes have finally been fixed. Download the latest software from Hobbywings website. I had the same problem and had removed all my Justocks from my cars. Now there back.
that is good to know! ill definitely be getting one
Old 01-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

I'll have to check. Mine say 5.08, but I've never paid attention to the version level.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Tech Master

I'll have to check. Mine say 5.08, but I've never paid attention to the version level.
ok on falconsekido.com they are not in stock anymore, i was thinking about getting it from crc's website now, would this be another good place ? i know its a lil more expensive but still for under 100 im not complaining

and now i can get it in the more stealthy black
Old 01-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

ok on falconsekido.com they are not in stock anymore, i was thinking about getting it from crc's website now, would this be another good place ? i know its a lil more expensive but still for under 100 im not complaining

If you're not in a hurry, try RCmart.com. You'll still have it in a week.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

If you're not in a hurry, try RCmart.com. You'll still have it in a week.
alright ill check it out for sure thanks for the suggestion

edit: seems they don't have it on there anymore
Old 01-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes CRC is a good place to get it.

HW did not change the version number on this firmware update the only way you can tell is by the capitalization of the word NO. Current firmware with brake issues will have "NO" it's name and the new version with good brakes will have "No" in its name.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

HW did not change the version number on this firmware update the only way you can tell is by the capitalization of the word NO. Current firmware with brake issues will have "NO" it's name and the new version with good brakes will have "No" in its name.
All of mine, even the one shipped 3 weeks ago were still on V1 5.08 NO Timing. They are now V3 5.08 No Timing.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Or you can get the Xtreme Stock for a little extra.
It'll handle faster motors, plus it will also give you the ability to use the boosted software if you decide to at a later date.
http://www.falconsekido.com/products...k-esc-for-1-10

So the newest firmware & software has fixed the brakes for blinky mode??
I'll have to download it and see if it does.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Any problems running the justock with an AM radio? I'm upgrading an old school vehicle. I want to use the JS5 combo but I'm not ready to replace the radio yet. Will this work?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hi all. Just installed one of these in my F1, running 21.5. I assume I need to buy the programming box in order to change the firmware settings. Do I also need the box just to check what settings are currently installed? I've shoo goo'd the ESC in my car and can't see any serial numbers at the moment. Don't want to rip it out if it won't tell me anyway. One thing I do know is it has no brakes.

The other glitch I had, is I had a transmitter fail - possibly just low batteries - and I had a runaway F1. Luckily the bushes weren't that far away and I missed the rainwater drain! Never had a runaway before. I thought I set all the fail safe right, neutral throttle, etc, but I guess I'd better check them

Last edited by Sith Lord; 01-27-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Hi all. Just installed one of these in my F1, running 21.5. I assume I need to buy the programming box in order to change the firmware settings. Do I also need the box just to check what settings are currently installed? I've shoo goo'd the ESC in my car and can't see any serial numbers at the moment. Don't want to rip it out if it won't tell me anyway. One thing I do know is it has no brakes.

The other glitch I had, is I had a transmitter fail - possibly just low batteries - and I had a runaway F1. Luckily the bushes weren't that far away and I missed the rainwater drain! Never had a runaway before. I thought I set all the fail safe right, neutral throttle, etc, but I guess I'd better check them
Even though there's not much to adjust in the Justock, it would pay you to get the 2 in 1 LCD box, as that would allow you to not only change the settings more easily but also update the firmware in the esc.
I think you can program the esc via a flashing led menu system, but it's a huge pita.

Plus the latest software & firmware fixes the "soft brakes" issue with the Justock, Xtreme Stock and 60 & 120 amp 2.1 esc's

Cheers
Rob.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks Rob. Was in the middle of typing this then I see your reply. It was a pita, but got it done.

Ok, so I reset the failsafe settings. Definately done right, so we'll see what happens. But then sitting there on the bench the throttle gave a little squirt and the steering had a little left/right throw. Hmmm.......

Also once set up, in neutral, the LED is flashing red. The manual says in the neutral range there should be no LED's at all. Red when accelerating and Green when it is reaching the end point. It does say red flashes when braking, so I thought it might have something to do with drag brake. Turned that off (setting 1), but still flashes. When braking, I get a solid red LED.

It seemed to drive ok this afternoon (apart from my one runaway). I just want to make sure these LED flashes are ok.

Cheers
Ian

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.