Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Challenge...Cherry Hill N.J. 5/31-6/1

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by seloiv
does the radio matter?
Yes, there are different brands of radios, and not all crystals works with all radios....

i have a question tho it says its 27 and 75 mHZ and it says theres like 30 frequencies does this mean i can use 75 mhz crystals or 72 or just 27 im confused sorry im a little new...
No problem, that's what this race is all about.....helping out new racers....

No, you can't use 75 mHZ crystals in a 27 band radio, only channels 1-6....
Old 05-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

oh something else i was wondering was will there be food for sale or something and can people bring grills and stuff..if im gonna be there all day im gonna be hungry
Yep, Taylors is hooking us up with some great food deals just for the HPI racers....Kids always eat FREE on Sundays at Taylors and the're looking into getting us the same deal on that Saturday, but I have to hear back about Saturday....mmmmmm......LOL

Sorry, no grills....
Old 05-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

ok cool thanks
are the 27mhz the ones u have available?
im gonna try and see if i can get a few crystals but i just bought an integy set up board, new tires, new body, paint, and batteries so im broke....and i still have to buy a table for pits
Old 05-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

ok cool thanks
are the 27mhz the ones u have available?
im gonna try and see if i can get a few crystals but i just bought an integy set up board, new tires, new body, paint, and batteries so im broke....and i still have to buy a table for pits
Yep....I still kept them from when I started racing about mUmbLe,mUmBLE years ago....I got you manG....
Old 05-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Got it Tommy! I guess you can always teach an old doG new tricks....LOL

This is my first time using paypal, and it seems simple enough....Thanks manG....
No problem. The only drawback is their fees, but the convenience makes up for it. Could you reserve a set(or three)of Gumballs for me in case I don't get a set before I get there? I can pay for them through the LHS if necessary. Thanks,

-Tommy
Old 05-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

FWIW, D&K has Gumball tires for now......just ordered some off their website.

-Tommy
Old 05-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

WiFi at the Challenge!!!!

Just got an email from Taylors saying they do have WiFi, so you internet types, KNOCK YOURSELVES OUT!!!!!

How cool is that.....
Old 05-13-2008, 02:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
WiFi at the Challenge!!!!

Just got an email from Taylors saying they do have WiFi, so you internet types, KNOCK YOURSELVES OUT!!!!!

How cool is that.....
cool deall.. As long as your ook with me parking close to the track... Don't want to walk over to home depot to put the laptop away...etc... not that I don't trust anyone.. thats alot to just sit out in the open while I'm running. I'll start working on getting a web cam setup(I hope) but I'll get a site ready for it.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello all, I'm a RC racing noob and have a couple of questions. I'd like to race in the Micro Mod class but the rules don't specify the maximum allowable number of NiMH cells. I'll be assembling a couple of new packs this week and can do 6, 7 or 8 cells. Also, I have an old 75MHz AM radio with three crystal sets. Will this be sufficient? Does anyone know the track layout yet? Is this public information or a surprise for raceday? I'd like to get an idea of the pinion size that will be needed and knowing the dimensions and layout of the track would be helpful. I believe that I read electrical power will be provided in a previous post. How does that work? I can't imagine that there will be extension cords running throughout the pits. Will there be an area setup for battery charging? Do I need to bring an extension cord? Is there anything else that I may want to bring with me? Lastly, are there any clubs racing 1/18th cars in the South Jersey area? I used to watch the folks from SJCCR racing up at the Alpine, but at the time I didn't have an RC car. Apparently the new owners don't let them race there anymore. Is this taking place elsewhere? Do they have a 1/18th class? Thanks for taking the time to look at my questions.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

You guys are going to have fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! I won the 19-turn/10.5 class at the last HPI race they had here in southern california and won a Savage X 4.6 RTR.

At the Hot Bodies Underground race series (money races) where everyone in the A-main gets money...my bankroll is up to $300! haha

Using the Gumballs...i clean them with motor spray or simple green on a rag after every run. Then for additive i use either WD40 or Tire Tweak. If its cold out where your race will be...tire warmers are a must!

Have fun you guys!

Old 05-13-2008, 10:36 AM
RD
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fhpe77
Hello all, I'm a RC racing noob and have a couple of questions. I'd like to race in the Micro Mod class but the rules don't specify the maximum allowable number of NiMH cells. I'll be assembling a couple of new packs this week and can do 6, 7 or 8 cells. Also, I have an old 75MHz AM radio with three crystal sets. Will this be sufficient? Does anyone know the track layout yet? Is this public information or a surprise for raceday? I'd like to get an idea of the pinion size that will be needed and knowing the dimensions and layout of the track would be helpful. I believe that I read electrical power will be provided in a previous post. How does that work? I can't imagine that there will be extension cords running throughout the pits. Will there be an area setup for battery charging? Do I need to bring an extension cord? Is there anything else that I may want to bring with me? Lastly, are there any clubs racing 1/18th cars in the South Jersey area? I used to watch the folks from SJCCR racing up at the Alpine, but at the time I didn't have an RC car. Apparently the new owners don't let them race there anymore. Is this taking place elsewhere? Do they have a 1/18th class? Thanks for taking the time to look at my questions.
I can not address all of the points you brought up but, yeah, there will be extension cords running all over the pit area. There is some organization in the disorganization. There isn't a "charging area" other than on your pit table.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Hello all, I'm a RC racing noob and have a couple of questions. I'd like to race in the Micro Mod class but the rules don't specify the maximum allowable number of NiMH cells. I'll be assembling a couple of new packs this week and can do 6, 7 or 8 cells.
All electric classes are 6 cells for this race....If we get any 1/12th scales, I'll leave it up to them.

Also, I have an old 75MHz AM radio with three crystal sets. Will this be sufficient?
Yes, that should be fine....

Does anyone know the track layout yet? Is this public information or a surprise for raceday?
Is always a surprize for everyone on raceday. That way, everyone will have the same advantage/disadvantage, depending on how you look at it....

I believe that I read electrical power will be provided in a previous post. How does that work? I can't imagine that there will be extension cords running throughout the pits. Will there be an area setup for battery charging?
Like RD said, yes, there will be cords everywhere....

Do I need to bring an extension cord?
Yes, bring at least 50 feet and a junction box, so we can spread the love around....

Is there anything else that I may want to bring with me?
A pit table and chair for sure....and also a canopy would be helpful if you have, or can borrow one.

Lastly, are there any clubs racing 1/18th cars in the South Jersey area? I used to watch the folks from SJCCR racing up at the Alpine, but at the time I didn't have an RC car. Apparently the new owners don't let them race there anymore. Is this taking place elsewhere? Do they have a 1/18th class?
LOL, that was me running the races at the Alpine! It is now "Taylors" second location! After the Challenge, I'm sure we can get something going there again....man, that would be soooo retro.....

There is still a lot of 1/18th scalers left and I'm sure someone else will get you up to speed as to where to race.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JoelNavarro
You guys are going to have fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun! I won the 19-turn/10.5 class at the last HPI race they had here in southern california and won a Savage X 4.6 RTR.

At the Hot Bodies Underground race series (money races) where everyone in the A-main gets money...my bankroll is up to $300! haha

Using the Gumballs...i clean them with motor spray or simple green on a rag after every run. Then for additive i use either WD40 or Tire Tweak. If its cold out where your race will be...tire warmers are a must!

Have fun you guys!

Hi Joel!!!!

I see you guys having just as much fun out there too!!!!

Hopefully we'll get some online coverage that weekend, so stay tuned....

Either way, it will be just re-daMN-diCuLoUs....
Old 05-13-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Remember gang....you have only 8 days to get your registrations in to receive your free HPI body!!!!

Deadline is Wednesday May 21st. That means I need them here by then, so I can send the info to HPI on the 22nd.

I will accept registrations after that but there will be a $10 late fee.

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

..and no free body

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.