Search

HPI Challenge...Cherry Hill N.J. 5/31-6/1

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racinrc14
Cool, thanks.

-Tommy

Okay, I just set up a paypal account for the first time, so bear with me. I think I have to wait 3-5 days to confirm my bank info, but I guess you can send it anytime....

[email protected]

If anyone else wants to send paypal, let me know first, until I get used to using it.....

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Gumballs do not have to be in the packaging. The race/HPI staff will be teching cars (..and I've handled and tinkered with my share of Gumballs )

You must have all HPI/HB parts in Concours

Thanks,

AH
Old 05-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Entry info.

Ray,

Sent you the payment. My entry information is in the note section of the invoice. Call the phone number in the invoice if you need any additional info or post here. Also, I sent $37.50 to be sure to cover the Paypal fee. Thanks,

Tommy
Old 05-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Will gumballs be available at the event or should I get some ordered?

Last edited by Racinrc14; 05-11-2008 at 06:24 PM. Reason: I'm lazy.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

wait so everyone will be practicing at the same time....how many track will there be? will there be a dirt track?...also u should (when u give the list of racers) give a list of people with conflicting frequencies (probably mostly 27mhz) and give a suggested frequency to get...i run on 27mhz and im worried of the possible complications
Old 05-12-2008, 04:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seloiv
wait so everyone will be practicing at the same time....how many track will there be? will there be a dirt track?...also u should (when u give the list of racers) give a list of people with conflicting frequencies (probably mostly 27mhz) and give a suggested frequency to get...i run on 27mhz and im worried of the possible complications
There will not be a dirt track - everything will be run on the asphalt, which we've done before, as well as most of the other challanges...

There has always been frequency conflicts during practice - the way that is handled is via the clipboard with frequency clips. Each clip has a channel number on, and before you turn you radio on - you take a clip and put it on your radio. That way if someone else runs on your channel, they look at the board and see that the clip isn't there, and they DON'T turn on their radio. When you are finished running, you turn your radio off and put the clip back on the board. Very simple - this is the way its ALWAYS HAS BEEN HANDLED since people started changing frequencies in their radios and Ray is one of the best at handling it...

After practice, Ray will set-up the heats and announce any "potiential" conflicts and give you time to fix them. That is why it is in your best interest to have multiple channels.

The biggest thing to remember is NOT to EVER turn your radio on in the pits until you clear the channel with Ray - especially during racing.

Don't worry about complications - they will all be taken car of by the time the qualifiers start and its nothing new - we've always had to deal with people on the same channel, especially those of us (i ran 27mhz before switching to dsm) who ran 27mhz
Old 05-12-2008, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Kaybo,
We should have those racers using frequency clips, use the old "name on the clothes pin" technique. It'll help in tracking the freq. clip down, when or if, it goes missing.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Ray,

Sent you the payment. My entry information is in the note section of the invoice. Call the phone number in the invoice if you need any additional info or post here. Also, I sent $37.50 to be sure to cover the Paypal fee. Thanks,

Tommy
Got it Tommy! I guess you can always teach an old doG new tricks....LOL

This is my first time using paypal, and it seems simple enough....Thanks manG....
Old 05-12-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Will gumballs be available at the event or should I get some ordered?
Our trackside LHS (D&K Hobbies) is stocking up on gumballs for this race, but to be safe, I would track down one set, in case there is a run on them at the Challenge....
Old 05-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by seloiv
There shouldn't be much of a problem with the drifting class since, more than likely, we'll be running two cars at a time. I won't know until I see how many drifters we have.

As far as practice, your controlled practice will be at the same time as another class on the touring track that won't have a lot of 27 band radios in it....

Do you have a Futaba radio??? If so, I have extra channels you can borrow....
Old 05-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Kaybo,
We should have those racers using frequency clips, use the old "name on the clothes pin" technique. It'll help in tracking the freq. clip down, when or if, it goes missing.
That's always a great idea for seasoned racers, but with all the new racers expected, they sometimes get confused with how that works, and just pick up a "name" clip, thinking they're okay to practice....LOL

For this event, no frequency clips will be taken into the pit area. If anyone needs to check their radio gear, or anything else that requires a radio, they'll be an area at/near the driver stand to make your adjustments.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

I think I am going to need a transponder for that race. I am running out of money so I will be playing it very close to the date. I hope Ray can help with that.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by junelopez
I hope Ray can help with that.
....But of course

I'll have house transponders you can use....
Old 05-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
There shouldn't be much of a problem with the drifting class since, more than likely, we'll be running two cars at a time. I won't know until I see how many drifters we have.

As far as practice, your controlled practice will be at the same time as another class on the touring track that won't have a lot of 27 band radios in it....

Do you have a Futaba radio??? If so, I have extra channels you can borrow....
does the radio matter?...anyway yes it is a futaba its that generic kind that everyone puts there name on it came with my sprint 2
i have a question tho it says its 27 and 75 mHZ and it says theres like 30 frequencies does this mean i can use 75 mhz crystals or 72 or just 27 im confused sorry im a little new...
heres the link http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXXB01**&P=7
Old 05-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

oh something else i was wondering was will there be food for sale or something and can people bring grills and stuff..if im gonna be there all day im gonna be hungry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.