Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Challenge...Cherry Hill N.J. 5/31-6/1

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mdrcracing
alright, just incase I'm not around when you get on.. and I'm sure others are wondering as well.

1. Will practice be controlled? Certain classes at xx time etc..
Yep, I'll go over that in the next installment of the online drivers meeting....

2. In the Case of rain, what will the outcome be?
It won't rain....I'll guarantee it....

If for some really remote chance that it does, this will be the biggest drift event in R/C history....

3. Whats the plans for Saturday nights festivities?
I'll also guarantee that it'll have something to do with Taylors....sTaY tUNeD
Old 05-10-2008, 09:33 AM
RD
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Yep, I'll go over that in the next installment of the online drivers meeting....

I'll also guarantee that it'll have something to do with Taylors....sTaY tUNeD
You are such a tease.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RD
You are such a tease.
LOL, yeah, as expected, I got called into work with only 4 hours sleep, so I'll get to the next online drivers meeting tomorrow....

Sleep is soooo over rated.....LOL
Old 05-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
LOL, yeah, as expected, I got called into work with only 4 hours sleep, so I'll get to the next online drivers meeting tomorrow....

Sleep is soooo over rated.....LOL

haha I'm lucky if I get 4 hours a day. So come on fill us in...

btw do concourse tires have to be used in a qual? and do they have to be hpi's for the concourse?
Old 05-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

do the hpi gumball tires need to be a seal package?
Old 05-11-2008, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

btw do concourse tires have to be used in a qual?
I'm guessing no, but I'll let andyh answer that one....

and do they have to be hpi's for the concourse?
I'm guessing yes, but I'll let andyh answer that one....

Old 05-11-2008, 04:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bigb11
do the hpi gumball tires need to be a seal package?
I'm guessing no, but I'll let andyh answer that one....

Ohhh aNdY????

Old 05-11-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Elite

ONLINE DRIVERS MEETING PT 2....

HPI Saturday (May 31st)

Okay gang, this will be the most important part of the meeting. Keeping people fairly organized as they show up, will be an important part as to how smoothly and quickly we can get as much racing in as possible.

Again, please take the time to read and understand what needs to be done here. Remember, everything is based around the the large amount of spectators that we expect to attract over the weekend.

As I mentioned in the last meeting, I plan to be there around 5am to set up the track and get it ready for the 7am practice.

The first (and most important) thing is PARKING.

This is the area where the pits will be located....

We're going to use this dirt part of the lot for the main pit area. It will be the most secure area, since it backs up to the tree line. There will be no 1:1 cars parked on the dirt, so we can get as many pits there as possible.

(You can see the relation to the track by the new asphalt in the lower left corner)

What you'll do is park on the asphalt parking spaces next to the dirt area, then unload and set up your stuff.

Once you're all set up, I need for everyone to park your cars in the Home Depot lot you see in the background (acrost the street)

This will free up the needed parking for the spectators later in the day.

If you are bringing a motorhome, race trailer, or if you need your full scale car for a race related reason, you will be able to stay on the Taylors asphalt, in an assigned area next to the pits.

When you set up your pits, set up in an orderly fashion, by tightening up, and lining up in rows. I'll try to have someone organizing this part. This will make walking through the pit area easier fo all.

Next will be the practice session....

Until people start showing up in big numbers, it will be an open practice. Once it starts to get a little crazy, we'll go to a controlled practice.

What that means is, I'll be calling certain classes up to practice for a certain amount of time. The time will depend on how many cars are registered in that particular class.

I need everyone to understand that it may still be tough to get practice time for some people who have crystaled radios, especially on 27 band (channels 1-6)

This is where it would be very helpful to have another set of crystals just in case you need to change for practice or for the actual races.

I will have a frequency board set up, and it will be important for any new racers to understand how it works. YOU CANNOT TURN YOUR RADIOS ON UNLESS YOU HAVE A FREQUENCY CLIP DURING PRACTICE!!!!

Let me repeat that.....YOU CANNOT TURN YOUR RADIOS ON UNLESS YOU HAVE A FREQUENCY CLIP DURING PRACTICE!!!!

There will be many people there who may be on the same channel as you. If you turn your radio on while someone is practicing on the track, you'll cause their car to glitch and cause possible damage, so pleeeeassse understand this.

There will be MANY experienced racers in the pits, that will be on the lookout for this, so this is the most important thing to learn about R/C racing....

As far as practice goes, always keep in mind that there will always be someone else behind you, waiting to get some practice time, so once you're satisfied with the way your car is working, pull it off and save it for the qualifiers.

There is nothing worse than wrecking your car during practice and wrenching to get it back together in time.

Also, know that with controlled practice, not everyone will get to practice (depending on what time you show up, or waiting for a frequency clip)

Don't worry guys, because the BEST practice time is in the actual qualifying races, when you are out there with only seven other cars in your class. Plus, you get "lap times" to see how your car is doing.

Practice will also be limited to the amount of people that can fit comfortably on the drivers stand. No driving from the ground.

Thanks for everyone help with this....
Old 05-11-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Ray I should be there around 5 if not before ya. I'll talk to you more about it that morning, but if we do have wifi in the area, I'll see what I can do about setting up a web cam for the racing action. if not I'll be able to do pic updates throught that day.

You'll remember me from the Turkey Races.. Was apart of the MD group that came up.

Now just gotta get the car ready and hope I can have my decals printed in time.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:55 AM
RD
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Numbers

Ray - will you have numbers available for vintage cars? I forgot about that when I was painting & I don't have any numbers on the car.

RD
Old 05-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ray,

Can we register and pay online? I am TDY in a hotel with no access to my checkbook or postage supplies. I can Paypal entry fees and email the entry form, if is available online. I have seen other people ask for this with the standard 'here's the link to the entry form' answer. You have to print the form and fill it out, then mail it in along with a check or money order, fairly inconvienent for myself and anybody else in my situation. Thanks,

Tommy
Old 05-11-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RD
Ray - will you have numbers available for vintage cars? I forgot about that when I was painting & I don't have any numbers on the car.

RD
Yes, andyh is bringing some custom number plates and numbers specifically for this race!!!! I think it's even gonna include a custom sun shade too....
Old 05-11-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racinrc14
Ray,

Can we register and pay online? I am TDY in a hotel with no access to my checkbook or postage supplies. I can Paypal entry fees and email the entry form, if is available online. I have seen other people ask for this with the standard 'here's the link to the entry form' answer. You have to print the form and fill it out, then mail it in along with a check or money order, fairly inconvienent for myself and anybody else in my situation. Thanks,

Tommy
Personally, I'm not set up for paypal, but let me see what I can come up with....I'll get back to you later today.....
Old 05-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cool, thanks.

-Tommy
Old 05-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Ray I should be there around 5 if not before ya. I'll talk to you more about it that morning, but if we do have wifi in the area, I'll see what I can do about setting up a web cam for the racing action. if not I'll be able to do pic updates throught that day.

You'll remember me from the Turkey Races.. Was apart of the MD group that came up.

Now just gotta get the car ready and hope I can have my decals printed in time.

Thanks! That would rock pretty haRD....Let me check on the wifi....I'll let 'cha know....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.