Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI Challenge...Cherry Hill N.J. 5/31-6/1

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Check out our latest event..some super cool cars/liveries ...

Old 04-22-2008, 04:07 AM
RD
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capthowdy
After contacting my local police where my stuff was taken, they got my truck from him so I could identify it, I took my tool box & told them what to look for before I took it apart. Fantastic Results I got my truck back, they served a warrant at the punks house, he was only 17 so they had to get his Mommy's permission to come in, I now just got a message on my machine that they have a ton of parts for me to identify. In my eyes the Eastampton Twp Police did a most excellent job & need to be praised. The best part is he's rolling over on his buddies, which may solve a rash of car burgleries in mine & other neighborhood townships

Outstanding!! This what should have happened when he was confronted @ the flea market.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

I am happy for you dude! I knew something would come out of all this, and you were patient to let the officers do their job. I have a feeling they knew about him from before but they just didn't wanted to do anything right away with out more information.

Cheers to you!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andyh
Hmm I'll have to check that (can you send me links to the one's that don't include "brushless allowed").

For all 19T motor limit classes the rules are:
-19 turn motor limit (brushless allowed, 10.5 min. per ROAR rules)

Thanks,

AndyH
http://www.hpiracing.com/news/2007112001/

Andy there is the link where I am getting my info on the rules.

If you look some of the classes where 19t is running it says brushless is allowed (Sprotsman electric sedan) and some only adress brushed motors 19t and do not adress brushless (c12 and electric truck)
Old 04-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by andyh
Check out our latest event..some super cool cars/liveries ...

Great pictures!!! Looks like everyone had a great time. I hope our team here will take off on the drifting tip. I am sure Ray will work on that.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

After contacting my local police where my stuff was taken, they got my truck from him so I could identify it, I took my tool box & told them what to look for before I took it apart. Fantastic Results I got my truck back, they served a warrant at the punks house, he was only 17 so they had to get his Mommy's permission to come in, I now just got a message on my machine that they have a ton of parts for me to identify. In my eyes the Eastampton Twp Police did a most excellent job & need to be praised. The best part is he's rolling over on his buddies, which may solve a rash of car burgleries in mine & other neighborhood townships

Gotta love when that happens....

Rarely do people get their stuff back after a theft, so let's ALL be aware that this can happen to YOU, so don't take things for granted....Engrave your stuFF.

Even at this great race we're about to have, there will be LOTS of spectators, so let's all look out for each other and be smart about what you leave laying around....

Have a friend or fellow HPI racer keep an eye on your stuff while you race or marshall.....
Old 04-22-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Originally Posted by DustinR
http://www.hpiracing.com/news/2007112001/

Andy there is the link where I am getting my info on the rules.

If you look some of the classes where 19t is running it says brushless is allowed (Sprotsman electric sedan) and some only adress brushed motors 19t and do not adress brushless (c12 and electric truck)
Thanks,

I'll correct those.

Thanks,

AH
Old 04-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

HOTEL INFO....

Sorry for the delays here, but Taylors has been trying to secure a deal with Crowne Plaza, but they were slow getting us a discounted rate, because they're expecting to sell out that weekend at non discounted rates.

I'm not really sure of the hotel dynamics that goes on behind the scenes, but bottom line, we weren't able to get the amount of rooms we were looking for, at a discounted price.

I'm going to say that this was a business decision on Crowne Plaza's part....I guess I can't blame them if they can sell out at higher rates....

I have to give props to Taylors for trying so hard to make it happen.

With that being said, here is a list of the three closest hotels (all less than a mile of Taylors) for your consideration.

The "A" Main hotel is definately the Crown Plaza if it is still in your budget....

Crowne Plaza
2349 Rt 70, Cherry Hill N.J. 08002

The "B" Main hotel is the Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn
2175 Rt 70, Cherry Hill N.J. 08002

The "C" Main HOE-tel is the America's Best Value

America's Best Value
2389 Rt 70, Cherry Hill N.J. 08002

America's Best Value is definately the cheapest if your only looking for four walls.....(ceilings are extra....LOL)

They all have websites you can google....

Another hotel that Taylors recommended was the DoubleTree. That one is about 5 miles away, and is also on the "A" list

DoubleTree
515 Fellowship Road, Mt Laurel N.J.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Any clue approximatly what the rates for the above listed hotels are. If not I can do the leg work on my own.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up I've been Robbed Update

Today I got most of the rest of my stuff back minus the bumpbox, hellfire tires, radar detector, & a new 3 shoe aluminum clutch setup. The moron put the hellfire motor into the savage with no flywheel collet, & exhaust gasket, & leaned it to 1 1/2 turns & ran the truck thru water it seems. Needlessly to say the motor is shot, it has hardly no compression left, but hey I was lucky. Right now I thinking about going to his court dates, sitting in the front row, with a smile from ear to ear. Once again I would like to thank the Eastampton Police Departments Officers Gary Beaver (yes I did say beaver heh heh) for his work retriving my stuff from Columbus & the perps home, and Ron Coppola for his diligence of me proving it was my truck & getting the kid to crack. I would also like to thank everyone here on this forum for all your support. One other idea if possible I'm going to try to get the parma police car body & paint it hopefully as close to Eastampton's as possible, does anybody object if my son-in-law runs it at the Challange? I know it's not an HPI body, but my son-in-law is not that good at racing so a body won't matter. Just a thought. By the way I bought an engraver I would advise everyone else to, dremel makes them.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Wow, Ray! Are we going to have a hyped up HPI track like my man Andy H? Man your driver stands are looking good from what I can see on your pictures Ray...

Those pictures were all some! I think my girlfriend and I might shoot a professional video and take some pictures for the race. Small documentary of the race at Cherry Hill.

I have to talk to her..
Old 04-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DustinR
Any clue approximatly what the rates for the above listed hotels are. If not I can do the leg work on my own.
I tried calling the Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn before I left for work, and both phones were busy....I'll try again tomorrow (actually later today, it's 2:30am....zzzzzz)
Old 04-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Once again I would like to thank the Eastampton Police Departments Officers Gary Beaver (yes I did say beaver heh heh)
Good thing Gary's name wasn't Harry....

One other idea if possible I'm going to try to get the parma police car body & paint it hopefully as close to Eastampton's as possible, does anybody object if my son-in-law runs it at the Challange? I know it's not an HPI body, but my son-in-law is not that good at racing so a body won't matter. Just a thought.
You can also do any HPI body up to look like an Eastampton sponsored racer! I'm sure the Eastampton PD will get a kick out of that.....
Old 04-23-2008, 04:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I did some "homework" this morning

Here are the prices for each of the hotel that Ray mentioned
Attached Thumbnails HPI Challenge...Cherry Hill N.J. 5/31-6/1-americasbestvalue.jpg   HPI Challenge...Cherry Hill N.J. 5/31-6/1-crowneplaza.jpg   HPI Challenge...Cherry Hill N.J. 5/31-6/1-holidayinnprices.jpg  
Old 04-23-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
I did some "homework" this morning

Here are the prices for each of the hotel that Ray mentioned
GEEEEZZZZ!!! I know we'll be in Cherry Hill and all, but those prices are unacceptable!!!! Man, I'm sorry I posted those....LOL

We'll have to cross city lines to get reasonable rates here, so let's look at this Super 8 in Mt. Laurel. It's an easy 10-15 minute drive from Cherry Hill.

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...e_nostay=false

They are showing a price of 77 bucks for that weekend, so let's jump on that one. There are many other hotels within walking distance of the Super 8, so if anyone has trouble booking the Super 8, I'll give you some others....

Thanks k-bO for turning in THAT assignment....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.