Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SilverShelby
Depending on the track carpet track a stock m06 will work perfect.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dave:

I see the schedule is posted - are we no longer having two day events in selected locations? - Omaha and Winthrop Harbor were two day events, and personal communication I had with with both tracks said they were having two day events, yet schedule only lists a single day. The turnout for both tracks, and particularly Winthrop Harbor seemed to support a two day event, and triple A mains were always fun.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Dave,

Just looked the schedule and Omaha and Winthrop are listed as 2 day events.

Originally Posted by minidriver
Dave:

I see the schedule is posted - are we no longer having two day events in selected locations? - Omaha and Winthrop Harbor were two day events, and personal communication I had with with both tracks said they were having two day events, yet schedule only lists a single day. The turnout for both tracks, and particularly Winthrop Harbor seemed to support a two day event, and triple A mains were always fun.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yup, posted schedule just got updated - yesterday it had them as one day events, now listed as two day events - hooray!
Old 11-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Lightbulb TCS Approved Brushless Motor by Speed Passion

Hi David,

Thanks for the comprehensive update for the approved list. I have a question regarding the out-dated Speed Passion brushless motor.

For GT2, the approved Speed Passion motor is SP138175V3 17.5 Comp BL V3 but it has been phased-out and replaced by the MMM V3.0 Series. I used to have the older Comp 17.5 V3 but I sold them and get the updated MMM 17.5 V3. Do you think you can revised the list to include the motor as well? I am also not sure if the older Comp V3 is still available to retail now.

Similarly, the locked timing SPF17V2 17.5 V2 Ultra Sportsman is being replaced by the V3 Ultra Sportsman which features true endbell-locked motor.

Thanks for the effort.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile 1/12 scale GT for trade?

Yup, posted schedule just got updated - yesterday it had them as one day events, now listed as two day events - hooray!
I am glad to hear 2 days at The TRACK as well. For all you TCS guys I have a new 1/12th scale GT car in the box new. It was given to my son by The very generous Jimmy Stegen last year as his winning prise. If somebody would like to trade, 2 off my boys will be racing spec and or mini at THE TRACK for TCS. He can't race 1/12th scale (only 9 years old, and the other one is just 6 years old) so if someone has a rolling chassis in any condition TTO1, MO3, MO5. They can have the 1/12th scale car. I will be at THE TRACK AT HARBOR HOBBIES Nov. 17th for the Hurricane race. Or just PM me. I do not want money for this car because it was a gift, trades only to a good home.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mike.a
I am glad to hear 2 days at The TRACK as well. For all you TCS guys I have a new 1/12th scale GT car in the box new. It was given to my son by The very generous Jimmy Stegen last year as his winning prise. If somebody would like to trade, 2 off my boys will be racing spec and or mini at THE TRACK for TCS. He can't race 1/12th scale (only 9 years old, and the other one is just 6 years old) so if someone has a rolling chassis in any condition TTO1, MO3, MO5. They can have the 1/12th scale car. I will be at THE TRACK AT HARBOR HOBBIES Nov. 17th for the Hurricane race. Or just PM me. I do not want money for this car because it was a gift, trades only to a good home.
Mike:

I'm fairly sure that I have an extra m-03 chassis that would do for one of your kids. Right now it's in pieces in a storage drawer, but I'll look tonight to make sure it is complete. Gear Diff ok, or should I hunt down a ball diff? I should have short med and long chassis components, plastic oil shocks, ball bearings, but no servo. TCS tires (1016 s grips) will be on it. I'll bring it to the Hurricane race 11/17/12.

PM me if you have specifics how you'd like it set up (short, med, long, spring colors for the shocks, diff)

David Weir
Old 11-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Mike,

I have a mid wheel base Suzuki swift body that you can have for the mini that Dave has. I will bring it with on the 17th. I might even have a JR 270 servo laying atound that you can have as well.

Lt me know.

Mike:

I'm fairly sure that I have an extra m-03 chassis that would do for one of your kids. Right now it's in pieces in a storage drawer, but I'll look tonight to make sure it is complete. Gear Diff ok, or should I hunt down a ball diff? I should have short med and long chassis components, plastic oil shocks, ball bearings, but no servo. TCS tires (1016 s grips) will be on it. I'll bring it to the Hurricane race 11/17/12.

PM me if you have specifics how you'd like it set up (short, med, long, spring colors for the shocks, diff)

David Weir
Old 11-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Tamiya Worlds this weekend !

Good luck to the 4 drivers representing North America from the US and Canada who are in Japan now for this weekends Tamiya World Championships. Enjoy the rewards of your hard works and efforts and represent your countries proudly !

An extra shout out to Anthony Fung in F1 and Rod Canare in GT-1. Two drivers I highly respect, enjoy racing with and getting beaten by on a regular basis. Anthony will probably set a record for most Gundam's crammed in a suitcase on his return and Japan will never be the same after a visit from Rodzilla.

Panda
Old 11-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

indeed.. layith thine smacketh forward with fury...

GoodLuck in J-land
Old 11-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Good Luck to Team USA!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ganbatte!!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Hola fellas. Having a blast in Shizuoka so far. We're recovering from a mostly liquid lunch and getting ready to hit it again after a visit to R10 . Anthony just got back from the Gundam Museum while I sat out to successfully fight off a cold bug that a lot of people seem to have. Tomorrow, we will get down with the serioucity.

I can't post photos here but have on Facebook. Maybe someone can copy/pasto? Lol.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
Hola fellas. Having a blast in Shizuoka so far. We're recovering from a mostly liquid lunch and getting ready to hit it again after a visit to R10 . Anthony just got back from the Gundam Museum while I sat out to successfully fight off a cold bug that a lot of people seem to have. Tomorrow, we will get down with the serioucity.

I can't post photos here but have on Facebook. Maybe someone can copy/pasto? Lol.
Once qualifying starts, strictly a food diet for you so you can follow the words of the Rev. Sherman and layith thine smack on your mortal enemies. Just watch out for Mothra. Better check Anthony's suitcase after his visit to the Gundam museum.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Tech Initiate

hey can someone tell me what page the the TCS races are posted .Thanks TEAMRED

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.