Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is some one trying to tell me the new yellow ringed novak is faster than the older black ringed one ?
Old 12-29-2008, 08:28 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I wanted to point out to everyone that that date of the first TCS race has been moved. The new date is:

TCS Aliso Viejo
Feb. 7 - Feb. 8

This was due to the fact the super bowl was the same weekend as the original date and I think we all want to be home for that!!!

Last edited by AWK; 12-29-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
I wanted to point out to everyone that that date of the first TCS race has been moved. The new date is:

TCS Aliso Viejo
Feb. 8 - Feb. 9

This was due to the fact the super bowl was the same weekend as the original date and I think we all want to be home for that!!!
thanks for the update!
Old 12-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

TCS Aliso Viejo
Feb. 8 - Feb. 9

That blows! That's the weekend of the Grand Re-Opening of the on-road track at Freedom Park in Camarillo, which was going to be a big regional event. Now it has to compete with TCS.

So much for my first TCS race!

EDIT: that's Sunday-Monday

EDIT 2: OK, I looked at the TCS website and it's actually Feb. 7-8.

Last edited by reenmachine; 12-29-2008 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
what are you doing trolling the onroad threads
ummm...umm...waiting for a reply on my off-road question? I don't know...I'm leaving...lol
Old 12-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

CarKing - sent you a pm...any thoughts?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just a quick question: Is the Core RC 3250 lipo going to be legal in Mini for TCS? Like the others it has rounded sides and fits in the the battery slot with no modifications.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by 414MPH
What is your point Chris? GT-2 rules have been that way since published for next season.
My point is.... along with many others have brushless motors that are 17.5 not made by Novak/LRP.... i myself have a "black timing" ring Novak 17.5.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Angry

TCS Aliso Viejo
Feb. 7 - Feb. 8

What about us guys from the East Coast that just dropped $500 to flyout to the race on 1/31 - 2/1?? I guess we have to now take it with "No Vaseline" for another $300 in Service Charges to change our flight????

Oh Well? Like the old Racing Slogan goes "How do you make a small fortune in racing start with a large one?

Frankly, my teams are cleaning out there lockers right now.

Hallejuah, Holy Sh__t, where's the tylenol!

Merry Christmas, and all a good night!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:24 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

guess ur burnin another wk's vacation in cali. worst comes to worst ur wkend is 'test wkend' sure u and bruce need a few more hrs on ur 540s. b3 budget, MMMM MONEY MMMMM

R
Old 12-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I wanted to point out to everyone that that date of the first TCS race has been moved.
I am simply...speechless.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
guess ur burnin another wk's vacation in cali. worst comes to worst ur wkend is 'test wkend' sure u and bruce need a few more hrs on ur 540s. b3 budget, MMMM MONEY MMMMM

R
Eh, at least you get the prize for the 10,000th post.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

well... it could be worse....
33rd America's Cup - Controversy

-Following the successful defense of the cup on 2007-07-03, Société Nautique de Genève (SNG) released the protocols for the 33rd America's Cup on July 5, 2007.
-The protocol was with Club Náutico Español de Vela, as the Challenger of Record.
Club Náutico Español de Vela (CNEV) was a newly formed yacht club, created for the purpose of challenging the cup and with only a handful of members, themselves all vice presidents of the Spanish Sailing Federation[5]. The club had never previously run an annual regatta.
-The Golden Gate Yacht Club (GGYC), on behalf of BMW Oracle Racing, lodged a complaint against the Société Nautique de Genève (SNG) in the New York Supreme Court pleading violations of the Deed of Gift. The deed specifies the New York Supreme Court is the arbiter of last resort in the event of a dispute. The suit alleged that the Spanish club, Club Náutico Español de Vela, did not meet the terms of the Deed of Gift as a legitimate yacht club that would qualify to be the Challenger of Record[6].
-At the same time, GGYC issued a challenge for the cup specifying their yacht as having a 90-ft. length-waterline, and 90-ft. beam. LOTS OF MONEY here
-GGYC served SNG with papers in regards to the NYSC litigation on Aug 17, 2007.
_GGYC on November 27, 2007 had their complaint upheld by the NYSC court case against the SNG, finding that CNEV was not a valid challenger, and declaring GGYC the proper and legal challenger. SNG was instructed to meet their challenge under the Deed of Gift terms unless they could agree on other terms via mutual consent.
-SNG subsequently filed a motion to renew and reargue, and on 2008-03-17 Justice Cahn denied SNG's motion and entered a final order[7] declaring CNEV’s challenge invalid and Golden Gate Yacht Club (GGYC) the Challenger of Record.
-SNG appealed the final order to the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, First Department in Manhattan, which on July 30, 2008 reversed the lower court ruling, stating in a 3-2 decision that the Deed of Gift provision at issue on the word "having" in the eligibility criteria "having for its annual regatta on ocean water course on the sea" was ambiguous.[8]
-GGYC appealed the latest America’s Cup decision of July 30, 2008 by filing its appeal brief on August 1st, 2008. Because the July 30th decision was a split decision among five judges, GGYC has an automatic right of appeal. GGYC maintains the Challenger of Record has to be a real yacht club. GGYC is asking the court to declare GGYC the legitimate Challenger of Record, and to rule that CNEV’s challenge of SNG in 2007 is invalid under the 19th century “Deed of Gift” that governs the oldest trophy in international sport
-GGYC on December 8, 2008 sends a letter to SNG to inform them GGYC will not submit a entry to the SNG Regatta. GGYC states Does Not Consider It “A Legitimate America’s Cup” and "Will focus on winning America’s Cup Case before the New York State Court of Appeals"[9][10]
-February 10, 2009 is the date that Oral Arguments will be heard at the New York State Court of Appeals in Albany, New York

In the end you have a multi-million dollar boat you can't even race

Last edited by gtypecanare; 12-29-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

uhhh.. what ?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtypecanare
well... it could be worse....
33rd America's Cup - Controversy

-Following the successful defense of the cup on 2007-07-03, Société Nautique de Genève (SNG) released the protocols for the 33rd America's Cup on July 5, 2007.
-The protocol was with Club Náutico Español de Vela, as the Challenger of Record.
Club Náutico Español de Vela (CNEV) was a newly formed yacht club, created for the purpose of challenging the cup and with only a handful of members, themselves all vice presidents of the Spanish Sailing Federation[5]. The club had never previously run an annual regatta.
-The Golden Gate Yacht Club (GGYC), on behalf of BMW Oracle Racing, lodged a complaint against the Société Nautique de Genève (SNG) in the New York Supreme Court pleading violations of the Deed of Gift. The deed specifies the New York Supreme Court is the arbiter of last resort in the event of a dispute. The suit alleged that the Spanish club, Club Náutico Español de Vela, did not meet the terms of the Deed of Gift as a legitimate yacht club that would qualify to be the Challenger of Record[6].
-At the same time, GGYC issued a challenge for the cup specifying their yacht as having a 90-ft. length-waterline, and 90-ft. beam. LOTS OF MONEY here
-GGYC served SNG with papers in regards to the NYSC litigation on Aug 17, 2007.
_GGYC on November 27, 2007 had their complaint upheld by the NYSC court case against the SNG, finding that CNEV was not a valid challenger, and declaring GGYC the proper and legal challenger. SNG was instructed to meet their challenge under the Deed of Gift terms unless they could agree on other terms via mutual consent.
-SNG subsequently filed a motion to renew and reargue, and on 2008-03-17 Justice Cahn denied SNG's motion and entered a final order[7] declaring CNEV’s challenge invalid and Golden Gate Yacht Club (GGYC) the Challenger of Record.
-SNG appealed the final order to the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court, First Department in Manhattan, which on July 30, 2008 reversed the lower court ruling, stating in a 3-2 decision that the Deed of Gift provision at issue on the word "having" in the eligibility criteria "having for its annual regatta on ocean water course on the sea" was ambiguous.[8]
-GGYC appealed the latest America’s Cup decision of July 30, 2008 by filing its appeal brief on August 1st, 2008. Because the July 30th decision was a split decision among five judges, GGYC has an automatic right of appeal. GGYC maintains the Challenger of Record has to be a real yacht club. GGYC is asking the court to declare GGYC the legitimate Challenger of Record, and to rule that CNEV’s challenge of SNG in 2007 is invalid under the 19th century “Deed of Gift” that governs the oldest trophy in international sport
-GGYC on December 8, 2008 sends a letter to SNG to inform them GGYC will not submit a entry to the SNG Regatta. GGYC states Does Not Consider It “A Legitimate America’s Cup” and "Will focus on winning America’s Cup Case before the New York State Court of Appeals"[9][10]
-February 10, 2009 is the date that Oral Arguments will be heard at the New York State Court of Appeals in Albany, New York

In the end you have a multi-million dollar boat you can't even race
Um Brad, after all the email trash and videos you sent me today and now this... dude, maybe you need to get a real job, one in the private sector, where they expect results......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.