Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-27-2012, 05:56 PM
  #16741  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 8,202
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Advancing the timing actually reduces bottom end torque.
robk is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 07:19 PM
  #16742  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,908
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by robk
Advancing the timing actually reduces bottom end torque.
ssshhhh.
Mini had max gear and max timing, = min. torque + mad top speed. Temps closely monitored.
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 01-27-2012, 08:02 PM
  #16743  
Tech Adept
 
Wyvern95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wherever my job takes me
Posts: 127
Questions??

I was just looking at the results for the first TCS race of the season, and didn't see any results for Mini4. Has there been any interest in this class? The Tamiya TCS rules page still shows Mini4 rules as TBD.

Picked up a TA05 M-four at my LHS today and was considering entering it in the March race at Harbour Hobbies. Will I be the only one?
Wyvern95 is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 04:01 PM
  #16744  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,765
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

No specR Ecs drives or losi LCD drives allowed in Mini Pro class ? What about 27t rebuildable motors(Co27,etc...) ??? It's about time to allow them.....
bertrandsv87 is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 04:13 PM
  #16745  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
No specR Ecs drives or losi LCD drives allowed in Mini Pro class ? What about 27t rebuildable motors(Co27,etc...) ??? It's about time to allow them.....
keep those kinds of comments to yourself.. thank you...... your moderator

Last edited by J.Whiting; 01-28-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: insulting others
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 04:31 PM
  #16746  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,765
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hopefully a moderator will have a chat with BPSHADOW !!! It's been a long time since I've been harassed on rctech, and hopefully will be the last !
bertrandsv87 is offline  
Old 01-28-2012, 09:02 PM
  #16747  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
No specR Ecs drives or losi LCD drives allowed in Mini Pro class ? What about 27t rebuildable motors(Co27,etc...) ??? It's about time to allow them.....
Tamiya is looking forward to the future by incorporating brushless into most of it's classes now. If you are looking for a place to run your old brushed motors, better to take that up as a class at your local track, not a National Series.

Panda
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 01:11 AM
  #16748  
Suspended
iTrader: (69)
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Hopefully a moderator will have a chat with BPSHADOW !!! It's been a long time since I've been harassed on rctech, and hopefully will be the last !
For the record: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...new-f1-34.html

Last edited by eComet; 01-29-2012 at 01:39 AM.
eComet is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 01:43 AM
  #16749  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,765
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

They may not consider the old 27t motors, but the specR ecs drives might stand a chance in the near future. Hopefully the TCS people can chime in...
bertrandsv87 is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 02:18 AM
  #16750  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,305
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Just ignore Bert, guys. He goes on these tangents every couple of months. Pretty normal the rest of the time. Can't believe he's still going on about the ECS drives. It's been ages now.

BTW: Bert, I actually am half blind, with greatly reduced field of vision. I'm still in the A main and the guy that usually wins is Chinese.

Last edited by monkeyracing; 01-29-2012 at 02:47 AM.
monkeyracing is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 04:02 PM
  #16751  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (129)
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,656
Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
ssshhhh.
Mini had max gear and max timing, = min. torque + mad top speed. Temps closely monitored.

First time out with a brushless mini - must say I was disappointed. Handling was about the same, just not as smooth. Also fastest lap was 0.1 sec slower than a 17500rpm 540j. Motor timing all they way up. 20t gear max really hurts. No other minis to race against to compare strengths/weakness of the two systems. Car was underweight with 540j and overweight with brushless.

Erik
ewippler is offline  
Old 01-29-2012, 08:56 PM
  #16752  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Kevin CBR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: "Racing Budget" is an oxymoron
Posts: 3,984
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Just ignore Bert, guys. He goes on these tangents every couple of months. Pretty normal the rest of the time. Can't believe he's still going on about the ECS drives. It's been ages now.

BTW: Bert, I actually am half blind, with greatly reduced field of vision. I'm still in the A main and the guy that usually wins is Chinese.
Hope this "Bert" guy finds a different thread to troll and just goes away so we can have constructive discussions about TCS. His racism and obvious hatred or jealousy of Chinese people are disgusting. I am an American and lived here all my life and most of my best friends are Chinese. Funny a person who spews such vitrol on a F1 thread whines about being harassed. Not what I would call normal.

Panda
Kevin CBR is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 06:27 AM
  #16753  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,324
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Hope this "Bert" guy finds a different thread to troll and just goes away so we can have constructive discussions about TCS. His racism and obvious hatred or jealousy of Chinese people are disgusting. I am an American and lived here all my life and most of my best friends are Chinese. Funny a person who spews such vitrol on a F1 thread whines about being harassed. Not what I would call normal.

Panda
Amen to that brother
BP SHADOW is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 06:31 AM
  #16754  
Suspended
iTrader: (76)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,275
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

I am ready to spank some peoples....

See you guys in March.

Metalsoft is offline  
Old 01-30-2012, 09:42 AM
  #16755  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,296
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ewippler
First time out with a brushless mini - must say I was disappointed. Handling was about the same, just not as smooth. Also fastest lap was 0.1 sec slower than a 17500rpm 540j. Motor timing all they way up. 20t gear max really hurts. No other minis to race against to compare strengths/weakness of the two systems. Car was underweight with 540j and overweight with brushless.

Erik
Erik- we had a SP Cirtix Sportsman V2 powered M03 run here last week, considerably faster than even the 18500+ 540's with 1016 tires. So much speed in fact, it was a hand full to get it to turn. I just re-looked at the heat sheets for that race. 17.5 M03 was .7 tenths faster than the fastest silver can M06.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R3_Race_01_Mini_A-Main.pdf (32.6 KB, 95 views)
ercwhtsd is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.