R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2004, 01:33 AM   #256
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

I'm really honored to be one of the first to get to run the engine, it was a blast out there this morning. For my driving style, I felt that the standard plug felt better, the bottom end was amazing. I feel that if the track had more traction (it had been rained on the night before) we would have gotten to see the power come out a lot more, I had to baby the car through most of the turns, especially getting onto the straightaway through the long sweeper which in turn cost us a lot of top end at the end.

All in all, I was very impressed with the performance of the engine, it was very powerful, and the top end was still very impressive to me even though we couldnt get all we wanted out of it. I cant wait to put that engine into my GT4 and get some actual race time on the track.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 05:51 AM   #257
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Ed, your fuel is ready.
Uhm... seems that you're expanding on the fuel brewery and supplying to many people.... Should I expect to see you with a 55 Gallon drum of 30% fuel at the Wnats?

BTW: Please mail me the hotel address... this week will be quite busy for me and I'm finishing all the little details. Wanna try some very fine Enetti tyres? Will carry plenty of sets for 200mm (37, 40 & some 42's) and some for 1/8 (35 & some 37's).
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 06:20 AM   #258
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Alfonso,

check your mail for address.

I just made a special brew for Edward (no, no vodka)

I will have a bunch of Mugen fast tires 37 -42, so we should be set
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 07:51 AM   #259
Tech Elite
 
Corse-R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
check your mail for address.
I just made a special brew for Edward (no, no vodka)
Got it! thanks.

Uhm.... special brew for Edward and no vodka? Oh, wait... that special brew was for Eddie (The fish)....

If mine records doesn't fail me Vodka comes from the russian word 'voda' (that means "without water"). Shed some light about this Ed.
__________________
Cheers,
Corse-R
---
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:15 PM   #260
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
Got it! thanks.

Uhm.... special brew for Edward and no vodka? Oh, wait... that special brew was for Eddie (The fish)....

If mine records doesn't fail me Vodka comes from the russian word 'voda' (that means "without water"). Shed some light about this Ed.
Hey Alfonso, what is going on?
Actualy "Voda" in Russian means water. Vodka is accoiciated to water, couse can be drink that easy but need some traning.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:16 PM   #261
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: PS12 second testing

Quote:
Originally posted by C Verano
The machining on the motor is some of the best I've ever seen...Excellent job on the motor Edward.

Chris
Thanks a lot Chris for liking the work. I hope I will be able to get one of that soon for you.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:20 PM   #262
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I'm really honored to be one of the first to get to run the engine, it was a blast out there this morning. For my driving style, I felt that the standard plug felt better, the bottom end was amazing. I feel that if the track had more traction (it had been rained on the night before) we would have gotten to see the power come out a lot more, I had to baby the car through most of the turns, especially getting onto the straightaway through the long sweeper which in turn cost us a lot of top end at the end.

All in all, I was very impressed with the performance of the engine, it was very powerful, and the top end was still very impressive to me even though we couldnt get all we wanted out of it. I cant wait to put that engine into my GT4 and get some actual race time on the track.
Randy I realy appritate that you come down to Revelation to test Palmaris. With your driving skils I realy was able to see what engine is doing and what is my next step.
Thanks a lot.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 03:42 PM   #263
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

On a side note:

I just finished breaking in one of Edwards beryllium piston/sleeve/rod sets that I was planning to run at the Winternats. and that thing is very impressive.

Edward had it lapped to where it only took a very short break in time.

I started leaning it out and geeez... that engine is a bullet.

I installed the set in a Nova Mega (formerly 5 port) and prepared crank timing to Edwards recommendation.

If the P12 is even faster than that.........

I will not buy another Nova Rossi sleeve set as long as Edward's will be available.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 09:10 PM   #264
Tech Champion
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,697
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default STEFAN

I was wondering what kind of run time did you get with your engine?
Paul Rush
__________________
HOBBYWING NORTH AMERICA /FALCON SEKIDO/ TEKNO RC TEAM/VBC Racing America/VP-PRO RACING TIRES/2010 R.O.A.R. VTA National Champion Driving a T2R PRO/NANO-TECH Batteries Paul Rush
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:02 PM   #265
Tech Fanatic
 
kitracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: hong kong
Posts: 986
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
On a side note:

I just finished breaking in one of Edwards beryllium piston/sleeve/rod sets that I was planning to run at the Winternats. and that thing is very impressive.

Edward had it lapped to where it only took a very short break in time.

I started leaning it out and geeez... that engine is a bullet.

I installed the set in a Nova Mega (formerly 5 port) and prepared crank timing to Edwards recommendation.

If the P12 is even faster than that.........

I will not buy another Nova Rossi sleeve set as long as Edward's will be available.
stefan, please give us update on sleeve testing.
When I used the AAC set, the torque was amazing compared to MAX sleeve. I had to turn the 2 speed really tight ( one full turn less) to delay the 2nd gear kick in.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 11:35 PM   #266
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Randy I realy appritate that you come down to Revelation to test Palmaris. With your driving skils I realy was able to see what engine is doing and what is my next step.
Thanks a lot.
I'd like to take a whole day to test the engine next time, we really couldnt see what the engine was capable of because the track was wet for most of the time. Give me traction, and we'll get that engine screaming.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 07:54 AM   #267
Tech Elite
 
Francis M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 4,719
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

topgun thanks for letting me try the engine. The quality of the
machining was awsome just like Chis said early on and the main
thing that stuck out was the engine had really good bottom
end torque and run time was also good.
__________________
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:33 AM   #268
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Paul,

I haven't run it on the track yet. I'll let you know after the winternats.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:39 AM   #269
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jwf_frani
topgun thanks for letting me try the engine. The quality of the
machining was awsome just like Chis said early on and the main
thing that stuck out was the engine had really good bottom
end torque and run time was also good.
Francis, thanks a lot for driving that engine and your advices on track are realy valuble for me. I took engine a parts last night and redesign already head botton. There was some issue which realy affecting top RPM-payed to much attention to bottom end.
Machining there is realy awsome and this is will be constant from unit to unit.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 08:42 AM   #270
Tech Elite
 
EdwardN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,144
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I'd like to take a whole day to test the engine next time, we really couldnt see what the engine was capable of because the track was wet for most of the time. Give me traction, and we'll get that engine screaming.
Randy, ones I will come back from winternats, we will get one full day of running. but it will be on your unit.
__________________
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Palmaris PR12 .12 1/10 touring car engine boy2rc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 01-29-2007 09:28 AM
Palmaris Racing EdwardN Monster Trucks 0 11-26-2006 08:56 AM
Palmaris Racing EdwardN Electric Off-Road 0 11-26-2006 08:48 AM
Palmaris PS12 engine for sale boy2rc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 08-10-2005 09:05 AM
Palmaris PS12 for sale boy2rc R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-16-2005 06:15 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:16 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net