Search

Palmaris engine thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by am
Ed,

I read in some post here that you said that it is important that ports close exactly the same all over the high side of the exhaustport. Novarossi engines have a little V-cut on top of exhaust any idea why?
Ther reason for it is by doing arc or V-shape on exhaust port engine suppose to have smooth power band ( in their assumption), with which I disagree.
Pipe will work much more efficient if wave will come out from exaust port completely in one "shot" then "leak"from small opening. Smoth power band can be achive by different ways-crancase volume, ports shape and area (on case and on sleeve), timings etc.
This is my opinion and it can be different from other people.
Edward
Old 05-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by am
This is GREAT!! Thanks for making this avalible for the public. Killer tool.
You are very welcome. Later I will put more tools there-just need more time to translate and make it work.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:54 PM
am
Tech Master

Thanks, eEd.

I wan`t to raise my exhaust port on one of my P5 offroad engines, power is already quite on off but i have changed timing on crankshaft to open a little erlyer 5 degrees. It was smoother alrady then.

I will now try to get some moore revs on top and open 5-7 degrees on exhaust port. I am just experimenting, only way to leran

Anders
Old 05-23-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default Palmaris Profi PR

Hi guys.
We are proud to say-we start testing new engine last weekend. We run it out of the box on 2nd and 3rd qualifyers on McCoy race. I didn't expect that right out of the box engin (no any tunnings beside carb) engine will perform that good. Eyewitnesses a Revelation can say how it did.
More details and testing to come.
Pic is on our web site
Edward
Old 05-23-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Way to go Ed, I am itching for more power. Please keep us posted. Love being different, but powerful.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

From what I hear, the power is definitely there.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default Palmaris Profi PR

Here is some close pictures of our new motor This the best I could do with my camera
Attached Thumbnails Palmaris engine thread-pr12.jpg   Palmaris engine thread-pr22.jpg  
Old 05-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Cranckshaft for Novas

Here is pic of our new product-cranckshaft which will fit in any 14mm strock Novarossi based engines.
There is 2 version available-stock (no turbo scoop, but timing is altered to best performance and no filling), Fully modded-Turbo scoop, chamfer, filled.
All version has altered induction timing and all of them driled to be lighter.
They made out of high alloy steel, which has great advantage-it is heat treated to 45 Shore base metal and surface treated to 63 shore. This steel has ability to do not get soft (burn) up to 450C. We use this still for crancks for about 20 years for now and never have any trouble with that.
Attached Thumbnails Palmaris engine thread-cranck3.jpg  
Old 05-23-2005, 09:57 PM
wad
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Top Gun 777
Hi guys.
We are proud to say-we start testing new engine last weekend. We run it out of the box on 2nd and 3rd qualifyers on McCoy race. I didn't expect that right out of the box engin (no any tunnings beside carb) engine will perform that good. Eyewitnesses a Revelation can say how it did.
Pic is on our web site
Edward
The Engine was looking really good last weekend

BTW: Thank You for the help
Old 05-24-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Top Gun 777
Hi guys.
Pic is on our web site
Edward
Hi Ed!

Can you tell us the main differences between this new engine and the PS12? And what about the performance, is it much stronger?

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Christian
Old 05-24-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sedanfahrer
Hi Ed!

Can you tell us the main differences between this new engine and the PS12? And what about the performance, is it much stronger?

Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Christian
Hi Christian.
Main difference is that PROFI is monoblock type with sleeve, which is basecaly is conventional design.
Yes it is much more powerfull even from the box and not even head shimming tunning-we just run on wam up and went in to qualifier. By the lap time it was keep up easy with JP FX 12 full mod version and PROFI is not full mod version-just the stock, not even Bi-metall.
Edward
Old 05-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wad
The Engine was looking really good last weekend

BTW: Thank You for the help
Hi Walter.
It is really correct-it was running pretty good.
You are very welcome, any time you need help me just let me know and I will be happy to hel.
Edward
Old 05-26-2005, 01:12 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Ed,

How are you ? ygpm ......
Old 05-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm here at the TX Biggie, just got back after practice all day. I ran a Rex RER with a BRB and his new crankshaft. The engine performed really well! I was surprised to find that I had to increase the 1st gear and 2nd gear to suit the power of the motor. Late in practice I decided to try Edward's Rex with his Bi-metal sleeve that he was kind enough to send to me for this race. OH MY GOD!!! This thing is unbelievable!! It's the fastest engine I've ever ran. It has crazy bottom end! It shot me past every corner until I got used to it. I'm running the tallest 1st and 2nd gear my RRR has and it's still asking for more. I can't wait to run it more tomorrow. I'm sorry Edward, but I accidentally spilled some JBweld on the motor mounts so I'm afraid it'll have to stay in my car
Old 05-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 21 crank

Hi Ed,

are you going to develop the 21 crank for nova base motor. Don't know why most of the nova crank does not fit perfectly to the rod even through the motor is new when i checked with digital clipper. hoever, the JP crank and RB crank fits much better with the rod and more precise which I observe

thxs,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.