R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 02-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #2506
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

i have tried both OS Speed & T. Shimo pipe. heres the result

OS Speed, the best is it save fuel so much even compared to 2630. but top end losses some power.

T. Shimo, overall was satisfactory, the reason for buying this pipe is because its stinger is only 5mm, which i assume plenty of back pressure. i still prefer this pipe over OS Speed, since T. Shimo is a little bit cheaper.
uniquexme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:32 PM   #2507
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzor
I am going to try the head button mod next and see what happens.
The port matching was definately worth the effort.
Crank was std with it silicone filled.
I tried but did not find any gain but must say very different situation. Pls let me know result.
have you tried the new sleeve yet?
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:38 PM   #2508
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquexme
i have tried both OS Speed & T. Shimo pipe. heres the result

OS Speed, the best is it save fuel so much even compared to 2630. but top end losses some power.

T. Shimo, overall was satisfactory, the reason for buying this pipe is because its stinger is only 5mm, which i assume plenty of back pressure. i still prefer this pipe over OS Speed, since T. Shimo is a little bit cheaper.
I must say the OS pipe did not work for me. Tried changing setting so much because I seem it works on OS but gave up after 3 tanks.

Anyone interested to try HEC pipe, let me know. The prototype I tested should be out in about 2 to 3 weeks so need to order now or contact Harmony. Not selling here, just want to share what I think works.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #2509
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to uniquexme Send a message via Yahoo to uniquexme Send a message via Skype™ to uniquexme

well, my os speed pipe was damaged, so i remove the manifold, cut the pipe down near the end, and use a 1/8 silicon exhaust coupler, thereby turning into 1pc (not inline), slightly longer than stock. power was totally different.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:03 AM   #2510
Tech Fanatic

heh, i tried RB + BRB + Kyosho T. Shimo pipe yesterday. wow, can't image that its so powerful. i think its because its 5.0mm. kitracer, u can try it oso since i bought mine from HK at KWS. much better than os speed tuned pipe. haha. wonderful match.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:23 AM   #2511
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
heh, i tried RB + BRB + Kyosho T. Shimo pipe yesterday. wow, can't image that its so powerful. i think its because its 5.0mm. kitracer, u can try it oso since i bought mine from HK at KWS. much better than os speed tuned pipe. haha. wonderful match.
I bought one too but never tried yet. is on the long side but may be gearing it right will work. Did you get over 5 mins with it?
thanks for sharing the information.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:26 PM   #2512
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer
I bought one too but never tried yet. is on the long side but may be gearing it right will work. Did you get over 5 mins with it?
thanks for sharing the information.
yes, definitely more than 5mins, and btw if u really want to save fuel, try os speed with os speed tuned pipe, as it lasted full 8mins, i tried that few months back. hahaha. but to my amazed, my frenz palmaris pr12 + 2630 pipe lasted longer than mine by a few more laps.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:08 AM   #2513
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp

Need help,i got 1 unit palmaris PR12 engine,today i want change conrod,i am using nova conrod,but i found out palmaris pr12 piston pin cannot fix to nova conrod,so can i using nova piston pin at palmaris piston,rellay need help thank you
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:27 AM   #2514
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhsp
Need help,i got 1 unit palmaris PR12 engine,today i want change conrod,i am using nova conrod,but i found out palmaris pr12 piston pin cannot fix to nova conrod,so can i using nova piston pin at palmaris piston,rellay need help thank you
Hi John.
Yes you can use Novarossi pin.
STICKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:18 PM   #2515
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Send a message via MSN to johnhsp Send a message via Yahoo to johnhsp Send a message via Skype™ to johnhsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKS
Hi John.
Yes you can use Novarossi pin.
thx bro
Power by Rapicon fuel
johnhsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #2516
Tech Fanatic

My BRB set blew out yesterday. Conrod broken right on the spot, certified. its so pity that it give away, it was one of my favourite p/s ever. here is the photo (its a bit blur, i will try to take a better photo tonite)
Attached Thumbnails
Palmaris engine thread-image_002.jpg   Palmaris engine thread-image_003.jpg  
Old 05-13-2007, 08:01 PM   #2517
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
My BRB set blew out yesterday. Conrod broken right on the spot, certified. its so pity that it give away, it was one of my favourite p/s ever. here is the photo (its a bit blur, i will try to take a better photo tonite)
Most likely, that I can't see from your picture, your piston is no good anymore. I will keep the sleeve for future use. Sorry, we don't supply piston only

Time to get to the new generation Bi Metal piston and sleeve set.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #2518
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitracer
Most likely, that I can't see from your picture, your piston is no good anymore. I will keep the sleeve for future use. Sorry, we don't supply piston only

Time to get to the new generation Bi Metal piston and sleeve set.
yeah, i understand tat piston/linear sell in a set. hmm, linear is really good condition like new, damn. yo kitracer, may i know if bi-metal is better than BRB? coz i heard of it, but didn't really go study on it. thanks
Old 05-13-2007, 08:41 PM   #2519
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge
Unique, I've had problems before with restarting engines with aluminum carbs. The thing that helped me is the spray some nitro cleaner spray on carb body to cool it off. I think it gets hot enough to go into vapor lock and hard to get the right mixture for starting. Spraying the nitro cleaner takes less time than trying to restart hot and it seemed to work everytime I tried it during a race. Give it a shot. You can try a Sirio evo3 carb as well since it's plastic shouldn't have the restart problem.
Turn a bottle of compressed air upside down.... you know, the kind you get at office supply stores to clean keyboards....

It is compressed with freon and will really cool the carb down.

Warning:

Do NOT spray on skin. Even through clothes it will leave a freezer burn for hours.
BYRON'S FUEL/TWISTER TIRES
cdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #2520
Tech Fanatic

hmm, does anyone know which series of Palmaris is newer? the one with longer heatsink or the shorter one? oso, y both come with the same internal parts, and y both need to be modded to prevent oil from leaking? is palmaris still out there? or has it been replaced by Axial?