R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 10-04-2004, 07:20 PM   #1006
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Edward

I want to know if you received my payment for the motor and the p/s set for a nsr-12, peter is going to bring it back for me if you have them in stock.
I have a few ?
What piston to head clearance do your motors like for 30%
What glow plugs do you recommend for same %
do they perfer a particular pipe and manifold?
and would you recommend any mods to your motor?
any help on your motor would be appreciated as i would like to give it a fare comparison to my others.

Thanks i look forward to trying your motor and sleeve!!!

Bart C
bcquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:05 PM   #1007
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by bcquick
Hi Edward

I want to know if you received my payment for the motor and the p/s set for a nsr-12, peter is going to bring it back for me if you have them in stock.
I have a few ?
What piston to head clearance do your motors like for 30%
What glow plugs do you recommend for same %
do they perfer a particular pipe and manifold?
and would you recommend any mods to your motor?
any help on your motor would be appreciated as i would like to give it a fare comparison to my others.

Thanks i look forward to trying your motor and sleeve!!!

Bart C
Hi Bart.
Peter will have all answers.
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 10:22 PM   #1008
Tech Elite

Default ROAR 12 Regionals

Congratulatin to Pepe Velez for his TQ and second place on 12 Region ROAR racing. He was using Palmaris Racing Piston/Sleeve set BRB on REX stock crancase. It was non moded totaly stock set ( I don't recomend to make any cuts on sleeve-we have our ports sizes and angles to best performance). His lap time 15.6-16.0 ( most of 1/8 scale cars there were running 16.0). During the race he had wheel came off after the small crush, wheel was installed back and still he was able to catch up Robbie Collins (Mugen JP X12) and loose him only half a lap. Ammezing race, great driver and great HP engine.
Here is pic of similar P/S set
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s3700088.jpg (191.7 KB, 175 views)
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:25 PM   #1009
Tech Elite

Default Sirio P/S sets

Here is Palmaris Racing Piston/Sleeve set for 21 Sirio EVO 2 engines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s3700089.jpg (192.5 KB, 151 views)
Old 10-04-2004, 10:35 PM   #1010
Tech Elite

Default Connecting rods

Palmaris racing connecting rods for 21 size engines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s3700090.jpg (198.7 KB, 151 views)
Old 10-04-2004, 11:23 PM   #1011
wad
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Congratulatin to Pepe Velez for his TQ and second place on 12 Region ROAR racing. He was using Palmaris Racing Piston/Sleeve set BRB on REX stock crancase. It was non moded totaly stock set ( I don't recomend to make any cuts on sleeve-we have our ports sizes and angles to best performance). His lap time 15.6-16.0 ( most of 1/8 scale cars there were running 16.0). During the race he had wheel came off after the small crush, wheel was installed back and still he was able to catch up Robbie Collins (Mugen JP X12) and loose him only half a lap. Ammezing race, great driver and great HP engine.
Congratulations to Pepe and Edward!!
Top Gun: You got a PM
Old 10-05-2004, 03:43 PM   #1012
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
Originally posted by wad
Congratulations to Pepe and Edward!!
Top Gun: You got a PM
Thanks a lot Walter.
I know in OZ on their nationals were using 2 engines with Palmaris Racing p/s sets but so far I have no detailed report of performance. If any eyewitness can make any coments for those engines. I know one of them is NS12 and other old RB.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:54 PM   #1013
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Congratulations Pepe and Edward!! I'm sure more good results with Palmaris products are in your future (hopefully my Regional
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:55 PM   #1014
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Nice , so what was the head shim on Pepe' car.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 06:05 AM   #1015
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
Originally posted by kitracer
Nice , so what was the head shim on Pepe' car.
Head shimming was 0.3, pipe was Mugen (USA), car was MTX3, I do belive gearing was 21/27-54/59, Fuel was Mugen 30%
Old 10-06-2004, 07:15 PM   #1016
Tech Fanatic

I was at and also ran at the ROAR Western Reg. this past weekend and Pepe's car and motor as in a class by itself... Pepe's was like 5 laps down due to a misque and tire damage and made up almost 5 laps on Robbie Collins who himself was running very well... Barry Baker was Robbie pit man for the race and when the annoucer said 15.7 for one of Pepe's laps, Barry looked up at Pepe and just shook his head in a amazement... Robbie still won the race, but to see how Pepe made up all those laps, it was almost like a freight train blowing pass everybody... Great Race Pepe and Great Win Robbie... Nice Motor TopGun...

RC_Alan
rc_alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 03:37 AM   #1017
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111
Default Re: Re: Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
Thanks a lot Walter.
I know in OZ on their nationals were using 2 engines with Palmaris Racing p/s sets but so far I have no detailed report of performance. If any eyewitness can make any coments for those engines. I know one of them is NS12 and other old RB.
Both engine had been performance well, engine with the NS case perform exceptionly good, on path with any top engine or better out there. the other is on S3 case only lag a bit of bottom end only. Both engine were using 16% nitro with 7TC plug and .2mm head shims in it and running at 120-130c, no sign of losing power during the 20mins semi final at that temp, unfortunately both of us in the same semi final and we have problem to both of us, I have clutch problem which I cannot accelerate at all, lost the final right at the start, and the other car have a early crash with other car lose a lot of time, so we end up 5 and 6 in our semi. beside the car and luck, engine havent have any hickup at all doing very well, thanks Edward. O.... no mod on P/L set(standard)
*8th**4PX***OS Speed XZ-R
*10th**4PX***OS Speed XZ

Last edited by tl2111; 10-07-2004 at 03:45 AM.
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 06:26 AM   #1018
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
Originally posted by tl2111
O.... no mod on P/L set(standard)
Thanks for info Tommy.
No any mods required at all on P/S set. Any modding might kill performance. Power comming not from cuts on sleeve and timing altering ( BTW timing setting is standart-4.5 mm exhaust height), power comming from materials set up and piston material properties and initial angles on ports. Higher exhaust timing will required different pipe settings and it will be like start from the beggining-look for better pipe lenght ( everybody already got expirience on pipes over the years so will need to forget about it).
Old 10-07-2004, 02:23 PM   #1019
Tech Elite

Quote:

Hey Edward...Your making us 1/8th scale guys look bad. Pepe's car was definitely fast though. I'll retire when Pepe goes faster than my 1/8th with his sedan.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:08 PM   #1020
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111

Ed, have you got my PM???
*8th**4PX***OS Speed XZ-R
*10th**4PX***OS Speed XZ
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote