R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 10-07-2004, 04:03 PM   #1021
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by tl2111
Ed, have you got my PM???
Yes and I did answer to you right away. Check your PM box please.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 03:14 AM   #1022
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Higher exhaust timing will required different pipe settings and it will be like start from the beggining-look for better pipe lenght ( everybody already got expirience on pipes over the years so will need to forget about it).
Ed, what pipe do you recommend?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 06:26 AM   #1023
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Ed, what pipe do you recommend?
We tryed different pipes and there is no real universal answer on your question. In our testing on Dyno shows that NovaMea TP06 is pretty good for small tracks-it has very wide band on bottom and mid range, for top end, during our testing seems like Yokomo one of the best. RD logics Turbo II seems like works very good over the whole range, but it will be realy good to have on it longer header (+ 5mm). But if to see how Pepe velez was running, that total conclusion is Mugen USA pipe is realy good pipe for overall range. When Chris was in LA we used on his car Charge pipe-that one was realy creasy. I don't know what # it was, but it is legal pipe. Please ask Chris, he will tell more details on it.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:35 PM   #1024
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
Originally posted by C Verano
Hey Edward...Your making us 1/8th scale guys look bad. Pepe's car was definitely fast though. I'll retire when Pepe goes faster than my 1/8th with his sedan.
Hey Chris.
Am I wrong? You were flying there, so Mel and Ron and couple more guys, but the rest ( including my son-best lap 16.1) were slower then Pepe's sedan.
I will do everything possible and impossible to make sedan faster then 1/8 scale. It doesn't mean I will be succesfull, but who knows. A year ago I promised to bring my own engine (nobody belive me)-so I did, I promise to bring p/s sets better then Novas-I did ( I do belive and not only me-ask your self-they are much stronger then Novas), so now I have another goal-sedan beat 1/8 scale. Dificult, but possible.
It will be double difficult, because I do make sets for 1/8 scale, so I will compete with my self-nonsence.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:03 AM   #1025
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
I don't know what # it was, but it is legal pipe. Please ask Chris, he will tell more details on it.
This is the "Charge" pipe that I used. Don't know what the number

with Kawahara conical header.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg exhaust 003.jpg (108.6 KB, 191 views)
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 08:13 AM   #1026
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
Originally posted by kitracer
This is the "Charge" pipe that I used. Don't know what the number

with Kawahara conical header.

Can you tell what the pipe length of that combo measured according to how RB website would measure? Thanks.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:27 PM   #1027
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD

Can you tell what the pipe length of that combo measured according to how RB website would measure? Thanks.
I am going to kill u .. u made me search the RB website and still can't find how RB measure the lenght....

Mine measurement is at 148 to 150mm for PS12 engine.
kitracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:01 AM   #1028
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
Originally posted by kitracer
I am going to kill u .. u made me search the RB website and still can't find how RB measure the lenght....

Mine measurement is at 148 to 150mm for PS12 engine.

Sorry. I should have attached the pic of it...

Old 10-12-2004, 07:53 PM   #1029
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmmm, what about the header length? seems that should add to the length the wave has to travel.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:28 AM   #1030
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: ROAR 12 Regionals

Quote:
Hey Chris.
Am I wrong? You were flying there, so Mel and Ron and couple more guys, but the rest ( including my son-best lap 16.1) were slower then Pepe's sedan.
I will do everything possible and impossible to make sedan faster then 1/8 scale. It doesn't mean I will be succesfull, but who knows. A year ago I promised to bring my own engine (nobody belive me)-so I did, I promise to bring p/s sets better then Novas-I did ( I do belive and not only me-ask your self-they are much stronger then Novas), so now I have another goal-sedan beat 1/8 scale. Dificult, but possible.
It will be double difficult, because I do make sets for 1/8 scale, so I will compete with my self-nonsence.
I believe you! But i'm also trying with electric car. Brushless motor with 11.2 volt LiPo batteries!

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 10:25 AM   #1031
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default left turn bog

i know tis has been covered on this board before but i cant find it.

car loads up when i make hard left hand turn only .
anyone had this problem or know how to fix it
thanks

mtx-3 , nsr12 , tp06 pipe , 30% , approx 8" pressure line
new fuel lid with pressure fitting straight out the back,

what do you think Edward??
bcquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 01:21 PM   #1032
Tech Adept

Default Edward

Hi Edward,

It is philip here....how are you? Just a quick question. I was looking at my plug (nova rossi #6 ) in the BRB set in a NSR case....the plug seem deformed, but not in a normal way. The coil seem to stretch/pull out towards the end of the plug, not compressed or distorted like in over compression. I have not been tunning by temperature, but by performance and the plug look like it is about right, i.e not too shiny or dull gray. Basically what does this mean ? The BRB set is so sweet and powerful, more power than a Rody 3 ports or the nova rossi 7 ports !!! waiting for good weather so that i can put the spare set into a Rody 5 ports !!!!
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 11:04 AM   #1033
Tech Elite

Default Re: Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by xtreme888
Hi Edward,

It is philip here....how are you? Just a quick question. I was looking at my plug (nova rossi #6 ) in the BRB set in a NSR case....the plug seem deformed, but not in a normal way. The coil seem to stretch/pull out towards the end of the plug, not compressed or distorted like in over compression. I have not been tunning by temperature, but by performance and the plug look like it is about right, i.e not too shiny or dull gray. Basically what does this mean ? The BRB set is so sweet and powerful, more power than a Rody 3 ports or the nova rossi 7 ports !!! waiting for good weather so that i can put the spare set into a Rody 5 ports !!!!
Hi Phillip.
I have never personaly saw this kind of damage to filament, but according to Motorman ( and I do belive it is right) it is happend because pipe was sucking very well. I think to avoid this kind of dammage you will need to use little bit longer pipe or put 0.05 mm shim under the head. It will drop little bit temperature in combustion chamber and will keep filament stronger. If I face this kind of problem I will start from it.
Thanks a lot for liking my sets, they are realy sweet and life so far indicated verrrry long.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:31 AM   #1034
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any word on when the engines might be in stock Edward
Thanks Bart
bcquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 11:16 PM   #1035
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by bcquick
Any word on when the engines might be in stock Edward
Thanks Bart
Hi Bart.
Yours on the way to Peter and should be there tommorow, please check with him.
Next batch is comming within couple of weeks.